Daniel Sturridge

Deano

Just watched his interview on SKY before the Bolton/Arsenal game.

Realised it was his uncle Dean who was commentating on our game yesterday.

Daniel said today that he wants to go back to Chelsea but if he isnt given 1st team assurances then he will be lookin for a new club next season.

I'd definitely have him here! He's fast, he's skillful and he certainly knows how to score. 8mil?

I'd hope he was one striker we are seriously looking at!

Its the kinda of striker we need and should be going for though.

How much do you think he would cost like LM?

I've no idea but it will be too much for Mike Ashley. Someone will put a marker down and take it from there. I don't think Chelsea will give him away for peanuts, if at all. They would be wise to keep him actually. He's a good player with lots of potential, he's been in the shop window and done very well. The money shouldn't really matter, if you see a player you think is quality then we should be going for him and selling the club to him. We will only spend a small amount of the Carroll [and Enrique] money, and we will start the new season in August with an inferior team that started this season, I'm pretty sure of that.

I've no idea but it will be too much for Mike Ashley. Someone will put a marker down and take it from there. I don't think Chelsea will give him away for peanuts, if at all. They would be wise to keep him actually. He's a good player with lots of potential, he's been in the shop window and done very well. The money shouldn't really matter, if you see a player you think is quality then we should be going for him and selling the club to him. We will only spend a small amount of the Carroll [and Enrique] money, and we will start the new season in August with an inferior team that started this season, I'm pretty sure of that.

I agree on how we should approach potential targets. But do you really think we wont spend very much?

I actually cant remember who it was with but iv got a £50 charity bet with someone that we will have a net spend of more than £10mil.

Personally i do think we will see £25mil spent.

Chelsea may or may not sell him, could depend on who their manager is going to be! But if they do, he's a young english striker with some hype around him so he'll cost way more than we'd pay, which is a shame as we'd have a good chance of him coming here because they won't sell to a top 4/5 rival so if we had any ambition we could get him.

Of course if we werent run by a bunch of fuckwitts he would at least have been here on loan so we'd have done better this season with him up top offering pace and goals.

I agree on how we should approach potential targets. But do you really think we wont spend very much?

I actually cant remember who it was with but iv got a £50 charity bet with someone that we will have a net spend of more than £10mil.

Personally i do think we will see £25mil spent.

I expect us to paper over a few cracks with 3 or 4 sub standard players, and claim its "good business" or whatever.

The reality is we would be far better buying 2 good qualifty players, even for a bit more money if necessary [there is enough] and keep Enrique, Barton and Tiotte. This is the only way to build a top side, you have to say "he's a decent player but not good enough for us". There is a valid point where you can claim that any signing is justification if you think he will improve you, but that criteria generally applies the further downwards you go, or you have spent your transfer budgets, and the sad thing is that having sold Carroll and with Enrique on his way, the scope to claim this will be widened.

I still think we will start next season with an inferior group of players to what started this one, in numbers there may be one or two more, but if they are inferior it is not progress it is going backwards.

Edited by LeazesMag

Can't see Chelsea selling him (they bought him as a good 'un for their future) and can't see us affording him if they were to want to sell him. However, if Chelsea come calling for Tiote?... Maybe Sturridge becomes part of the deal to make it happen...

Can't see Chelsea selling him (they bought him as a good 'un for their future) and can't see us affording him if they were to want to sell him. However, if Chelsea come calling for Tiote?... Maybe Sturridge becomes part of the deal to make it happen...

Well that's looking on the bright side :D

Well that's looking on the bright side :D

:blush:

It all depends on what Chelsea do in the summer. If they don't shift Anelka or Drogba then there's a good chance that Sturridge will want to go, he's not happy to sit on the bench and if he does leave then I don't see why we wouldn't be in with a good shout of signing him.

It all depends on what Chelsea do in the summer. If they don't shift Anelka or Drogba then there's a good chance that Sturridge will want to go, he's not happy to sit on the bench and if he does leave then I don't see why we wouldn't be in with a good shout of signing him.

They're trying to lower their average age in the Chelsea squad and the likes of Drogba & Anelka are in the twilight years - I reckon one or both will be off by the end of next season so no way they will want to sell Sturridge unless someone pays well over the odds for him. Looks a great talent from what I've seen and would love to see him here though.