Happiest fans

Irrelevant Nick KP

Who are the happiest fans?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money doesn't buy happiness.

A lot of you will be meeting Man U fans in work tomorrow. As you congratulate them, please notice the 'I'm-not-arsed-look' in their eyes as they politely thank you while managing to raise a smile.

Zjechać na ręcznym idiota! I've had texts from Man U fans over the last half an hour that suggest otherwise. Jebiesz jeze, dupa.

Tom, they should be happy now, shouldn't they? In the Champions League for the first time since 1969???

They will be happy because they can by any player they want, they don't have to sell their best players and they should be competing for every trophy.

Asteroyd, You're welcome to think that proves how happye they are.

I bet they're all going on about how it's their 19th win (gone past Liverpool). I wonder what they will talk about after next league win. :blush::rolleyes::icon_lol:

Tom, they should be happy now, shouldn't they? In the Champions League for the first time since 1969???

They will be happy because they can by any player they want, they don't have to sell their best players and they should be competing for every trophy.

They don't seem particularly happy, the ones I've heard.

What's more, I've heard plenty of QPR fans saying they really hope they don't start spending ridiculous sums. The penny is beginning to drop.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

I bet they're all going on about how it's their 19th win (gone past Liverpool). I wonder what they will talk about after next league win. :blush::rolleyes::icon_lol:

What's more, I've heard plenty of QPR fans saying they really hope they don't start spending ridiculous sums. The penny is beginning to drop.

As will QPR unless they do spend to stregnthen. Hows manys plenty btw 2-3 20?

Kitman, no, I don't know any Birmingham fans, and I don't live in Birmingham. But I've heard some of their fans interviewed on the radio.

Brummies are usually the most boring bastards in this Isle. What makes you think they'll ever be happy?

I wish it would drop with you, nicholarse.

8921174-a-business-man-running-from-a-huge-coin-with-the-dollar-symbol.jpg

Well, they've just witnessed their club become the most successful club in the history of the English league.

They must be very happy.

Let's hear how happy they were?

To everyone, Manc fans you met at work today, how happy were they? They've finally surpassed Liverpool in the marathon of English football history. Now how happy were they?

I bet you could hardly tell they'd won a trophy at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex

Seems to be a bit of a conflict in Nick's argument here like. Unless I've misread him he would rather see a return to some mythical pre-PL good old days where football was a level-playing field yet he bases his opinions about fans on listening to phone-ins and fair weather fans he's met at work, etc. (I'm dubious as to the existence of the latter like).

Alex, Yes, you've misread me. I do NOT want to go back to any olden days, mythical or not.

As far as I'm concerned, we have a level playing field. It's level, in that no matter who you support, at the end of the season there's a small chance you'll be delighted, there's a small chance you'll be heart-broken, but you'll probably be somewhere in the boring but safe middle. It's the same if you support Chelsea, it's the same if you support Fulham.

So, no, I don't feel the need to go back to any olden days.

:D

StoneColdStephen, Birmingham fans will indeed be bitterly disappointed if they get relegated. Man U fans are so bored with winning the league, that they actually started thinking about overtaking Liverpool's number of titles as early as a few years back, just to give at least ONE of the title wins a renewed novelty. What's more, the season will be a let-down if they lose the CL final,

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Alex, Yes, you've misread me. I do NOT want to go back to any olden days, mythical or not.

As far as I'm concerned, we have a level playing field. It's level, in that no matter who you support, at the end of the season there's a small chance you'll be delighted, there's a small chance you'll be heart-broken, but you'll probably be somewhere in the boring but safe middle. It's the same if you support Chelsea, it's the same if you support Fulham.

So, no, I don't feel the need to go back to any olden days.

:D

StoneColdStephen, Birmingham fans will indeed be bitterly disappointed if they get relegated. Man U fans are so bored with winning the league, that they actually started thinking about overtaking Liverpool's number of titles as early as a few years back, just to give at least ONE of the title wins a renewed novelty. What's more, the season will be a let-down if they lose the CL final,

What you're talking is shyte, its kind of the same situation in regards to if we finish above Sunderland, we aspire to finish the highest in the league we can, and if we happen to finish above Sunderland that makes it a bit better but not essential.

If only we could give the Tree and this guy their own section of the forum (that noone else can see) where they can 'discuss' to their hearts content.

Stephen, exacttly. Doing better than our rivals is nice, but the main thing is that we do as well as possible, ourselves.

Man United have just won the most important trophy in the land, and yet all we can hear is '19' and 'we've passed Liverpool'.

Man U fans get so little pleasure from winning the league, that this '19' and 'passing Liverpool' malarkey is useful to spice it up. What are they going to be shouting next time they win the league? There's nothing, so they'll just have to go through the motions of cheering, while in reality they can't really be arsed.

Lastly, have you met any Man U fans that seem really happy about winning the league?

Guest alex

Don't fucking shout at me, kiddah.

Guest alex

In my language, shouting is done in block capitals. Large print is used to talk calmly, but through a megaphone.

FUCK OFF

Well thats not how it comes over Nick. I wouldnt worry too much though, if any nation understands looking like a tit for being too loud in another country, its the English.

Still doing qualitative research on transcripts of Talksport shows i see. Give it up man, the idea was interesting but fundamentally flawed.

In my language, shouting is done in block capitals. Large print is used to talk calmly, but through a megaphone.

FUCK OFF

Have a clementine :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::D:blush::D

Well thats not how it comes over Nick. I wouldnt worry too much though, if any nation understands looking like a tit for being too loud in another country, its the English.

Still doing qualitative research on transcripts of Talksport shows i see. Give it up man, the idea was interesting but fundamentally flawed.

:D:blush:

Stephen, exacttly. Doing better than our rivals is nice, but the main thing is that we do as well as possible, ourselves.

Man United have just won the most important trophy in the land, and yet all we can hear is '19' and 'we've passed Liverpool'.

Man U fans get so little pleasure from winning the league, that this '19' and 'passing Liverpool' malarkey is useful to spice it up. What are they going to be shouting next time they win the league? There's nothing, so they'll just have to go through the motions of cheering, while in reality they can't really be arsed.

Lastly, have you met any Man U fans that seem really happy about winning the league?

When we beat Sunderland 5-1 all you could hear from us was us going on about thumping them 5-1, not about the 3 points we won, this is just like whats happening with Man U and Liverpool

And me names not Stephen, it's the boss for future reference, just thought i'd clear that up

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Guest alex
StoneCold you just proved my point. Winning the league to Man U is like 3 points to us.

I think you completely miss his point. I think he was pointing out that football is all about rivalries and getting one over on your rivals motivates fans as much as other, more tangible, measures of success. The Man Utd 19 times thing was a response to a much earlier Liverpool banner from '93 (I think) which said 'Come Back When You've Won 18' or something like that. Man Utd fans are absolutely delighted they've won the league and surpassed Liverpool's title winning feats. Proper Man Utd fans that is.

Edited by alex