End of Season Report

Christmas Tree

Yeah lets all be postive! This season was brilliant look how well we've done we're 11th!!!!!

Just ignore the fact we're only 7 points off relegation, not yet mathematically safe and still to play Liverpool and Chelsea, and will probably finish just scraping not being relegated again.

Look forward to a summer of more mediocre signings, just ignore the fact we sold one player for 35m, got his new contract off the wage bill and are going to use said money (possibly) on 4-5 players incld wages.

It's not like 4months later he has still scored more than Ameobi and Best added together....or wait he has.

But ahh it's ok Are scouting team are going to unearth someone at less than 1/3 of the cost of selling Carroll who will do as well if not better than him, of course this gem won't be known by any other teams who might offer them better money or European football..or even a chance of it, i mean they brought us Tiote who is fantastic, and definitely distracts us from any previous bad signings.

and we've already been linked with some potentially exciting players who have had ok seasons in the championship and league , i mean just imagine how great we're going be adding Bothroyd and Carlton Cole to the squad below!.

squad.jpg

I can see it now, all the talent of Ben Arfa on show, playing out of his skin practically doing everything himself, then he looks up sees the pass...It's an inch perfect ball through to the striking talent of Shola and Carlton Cole!... *goosebumps*

Hopefully HBA doesn't become something of a one man show for us in attack, with our attacking edge and season's fate being heavily dependant on his health & durability next season. If this is the case [without viable/quality attacking options around him] he'll be targeted accordingly, particularly floating defensive midfielders - and his repaired leg will be tested out.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Carroll was a young boy with 6 months in the prem to his name. £35 million was and still is, too good to refuse. Virtually everyone agrees.

I would love to nip off and analyse Nolans goals and see how many came as a direct result of Carroll, but its Saturday night so thats a no.

I'll write Nolan off as a one hit wonder when it occurs, not now.

Andy Carroll was a young boy with 6 months in the prem to his name. £35 million was and still is, too good to refuse. Virtually everyone agrees.

I would love to nip off and analyse Nolans goals and see how many came as a direct result of Carroll, but its Saturday night so thats a no.

I'll write Nolan off as a one hit wonder when it occurs, not now.

A strong & mobile frontman who provides hold-up play, and also occupies defenders creating space in & around the box is a pretty bloody important ingredient for a midfielder (Nolan) who earns his crust by arriving late in the box. You can get into pedantics and analyse all of Nolan's goals (as to whether AC was credited with the direct assist) all you want. As eluded to earlier AC's strengths were central to a pattern of play which extracted the best out of Nolan.

At Ant,

Your outlook is all doom and gloom which is why you are grasping at anything to paint as true your gloomy predictions of the future. Doommongers like you were the ones forecasting doom and gloom in the championship and telling me my positive outlook was stupid.

The same group of doom mongers who said we'd probably be straight back down and telling me my positive outlook was stupid.

The only person who will go missing in September is you. But by then you'll have another excuse lined up and will be telling anyone who will listen how we'll be fucked at Christmas.

Same old same old, everytime.

I love the way when you seeth Ant, you bolster your argument by implying that the world on Toontastic agrees with you and everyone elses opinion is wrong.

The bottom line is I think we'll do canny next season and you don't. There you go.

As for the ignore, lol!

Oh dear, we all know you have no will power. In the last 30 days you had me on and off more times than LM mentions Shepherds.

And just like all the other times you will be peeking now.

Pathetic. (but funny).

Edited by Christmas Tree

Oh dear, we all know you have no will power. In the last 30 days you had me on and off more times than LM mentions Shepherds.

Pathetic. (but funny).

Bit harsh. Noone does anything more ever in any instance, regarding anything, more than that old fool mentions Shepherd.

It's depressing to see 35 mill become 20 mill in the blink of an eye. If we're talking about a budget of say 5 mill a player, I truly wonder what sort of calibre of player we're looking at. Especially in the striker dept. Hey ho.

It's depressing to see 35 mill become 20 mill in the blink of an eye. If we're talking about a budget of say 5 mill a player, I truly wonder what sort of calibre of player we're looking at. Especially in the striker dept. Hey ho.

Who mentioned £20mill?

If that's the case we are fucked because we need a £10-£15mill striker before we even look at anything else.

Who mentioned £20mill?

If that's the case we are fucked because we need a £10-£15mill striker before we even look at anything else.

Post #109, this thread

With regard the 35 mill, it was expressed by Pardew months ago that the figure would be used for fees and wages. However with the club about to move into profit and sports direct doing well, Ashley may well start and loosen the purse strings if the right deals come along. By that I mean chucking money and decent deals like Tiote not mega millions on has Beens.

DO you suffer from an inability to learn from past mistakes?

Pathetic. (but funny).

Bit harsh. Noone does anything more ever in any instance, regarding anything, more than that old fool mentions Shepherd.

Shepherd never owned the club, when I talk about the owners, i talk about them as a group.

Is your brain still frazzled by the sun ?

Who mentioned £20mill?

are you so obsessed with making up myths that I mention Freddie Shepherd all the time that you don't read the other posts properly ?

Or are you pissed ?

Pathetic. (but funny).

Shepherd never owned the club, when I talk about the owners, i talk about them as a group.

Is your brain still frazzled by the sun ?

Huh?

What are you on about?

I dread asking since I'm certain you have about as much idea what you're on about as anyone else. Namely, none.

Who mentioned £20mill?

are you so obsessed with making up myths that I mention Freddie Shepherd all the time that you don't read the other posts properly ?

Or are you pissed ?

As opposed to 'un-madeup myths'?

Thick cunt. :lol:

Who mentioned £20mill?

Or are you pissed ?

As opposed to 'un-madeup myths'?

Thick cunt. :rolleyes:

look back at the thread.

Don't they teach you to read in Oz :icon_lol:

Ah so skidmark returns theres a shock, instantly resumes his baiting of leazes and abusive/pathetic tone.

Sad wee boy you are :rolleyes: away and flounce off again eh? try to stick to it this time not be as weak willed like your bestest bud CT around pies.

Obsessed :icon_lol:

Come on now. Perhaps I underestimated the actual level of your stupidity. Unbelievable. At least it's here for all to see.

perhaps. When do you think the club will be where it ought to be again then, buy quality players instead of selling them, fill the stadium and attract sponsors and shirt sales, all to the levels it is capable of, oh wise one ?

Edited by LeazesMag