Kazenga Lua Lua

Christmas Tree

Maybe he is a right footed player but that doesn't mean that he isn't a left winger its not as if its uncommon for a right footed player on the left or the other way round like Robben,

he might be more comfortable cutting inside from the left and having a shot on goal with his right :lol:

I'm aware of that, but as i said lualua mainly played on the right in the reserves, so i'd say that's his "best position" same way Jonas is supposed to play on the right and always did before arriving here, maybe if he did he was back out on the right he'd cut back less and have more time to put in a better cross rather than a pass to whatever defender is infront of him at the time.

edit > on a side note since you mentioned Robben, another example, can he play on the opposite side? yes, is he better there than his actually side, no. Why does he play there? because they've got Ribery and want to fit them both in.

Basically it's the same as coloccini saying "yes i can play DM....but i'm really a CB"

He also played off the striker a few times as well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwiw - I definitely think the lad has something about him, whether that's good enough for the Premier League, only time will tell.

He needs to actually get a full season under his belt, as his career so far has been blighted with injuries.

He has that unique ability of being able to go from standing still, to turning to full pace in a blink of an eye. He's also got a cracking shot on him, and isn't afraid to shoot from distance. (Which is something we haven't really had since the Shearer and Robert days)

Although we don't know if he's capable of stepping up, as he's never had the chance to do so. He's quite clearly far too good for League 1.

However to make it at the top level, you have to have a bit more than technical ability. You also have to have some form of decision making ability.

From his brief cameos in the first team, even though they were a long time ago, he seemed to eager to impress.

The biggest mistake Hughton made was bringing in the likes of Pancrate instead of giving this lad a chance, that's the only criticism I'll have of Hughton.

For example, if Keegan was still in charge, we'd have known by now if Lua Lua was good enough, as he'd have given him a chance, simply due to the fact he has something exciting about him.

Pardew today.......

Pardew named Kazenga LuaLua in the party that headed to the capital today, the first time since he took over as boss he has been able to do so.

LuaLua broke his leg at Hartlepool earlier this season while on loan at Brighton. But Pardew said he would not be starting against Chelsea.

He said: “Kazenga’s definitely in the squad. He’s got a good chance of being on the bench, but he won’t start – he’s not ready.

“A small cameo in the game is possible. He did very well against my Southampton team, who have got promoted this week, which I’m very pleased about.

“He was terrific against us the back end of the previous season for Brighton.”

:lol:

The thing is. To be a top class PL player you need to make right decisions. Although i've seen very little of him he seems to be a box of tricks and doesnt know what he is going to do himself (like his brother). Thats not to say he cant be a useful PL player of course.

And players can always improve. There is a fine line between being a good player and great player.

tino-asprilla-403781752.jpg

He was like that.

He is 21 this year, the game is meaningless, we have absolute shite up front in ameobi, lovenkrands and ranger, he seems to be lively after a good loan period so why not play him? Other teams are putting out 18 year olds to give them a chance. Let's see what he's like.

He is 21 this year, the game is meaningless, we have absolute shite up front in ameobi, lovenkrands and ranger, he seems to be lively after a good loan period so why not play him? Other teams are putting out 18 year olds to give them a chance. Let's see what he's like.

Think it's more to do with match fitness and coming back after 5 or 6 months out. More of a motivational moment for the lad.

In his days as a Chelsea player, Gus Poyet was the scourge of Newcastle on more than one occasion. On Sunday, though, Poyet played a part in The Magpies gaining a point against his old club.

Kazenga LuaLua spent the back end of last season and the early part of this on loan at Brighton, now managed by the Uruguayan, and he believes that has helped push him into the first-team reckoning after his recovery from a broken ankle he sustained in November.

It was from LuaLua's powerful run and dangerous cross which United forced the corner ultimately headed home by Steven Taylor in the last minute, but for the 20-year-old Congo-born wideman even being part of the squad was an unexpected bonus.

He has not played since his injury at Hartlepool in November, but his form up until then had caught the eye of Alan Pardew and earned him a place on the bench at Stamford Bridge now that he's recovered.

"I thought it was just a case of coming along to be around the lads," he told nufc.co.uk. "In my head, I didn't think I'd ben on the bench so I was surprised and surprised to come on, but it's a good feeling - especially having been out for so long.

"It was great to play in such a good stadium at Chelsea and having not expected to come on, it was great to do that.

"I just wish the season wasn't ending now, and I can't wait for the new one. I wish it was starting right now. But to be honest, I wasn't expecting to be playing again this season so I was surprised when I saw my name in the squad.

"But I was so happy to be involved. The gaffer gave me a chance today and I played alright, so it was nice."

LuaLua had scored four goals in seven starts and won the npower League One young player of the month award for October before his untimely injury, and he believes he benefitted from his time with The Seagulls.

And paying tribute to Poyet, he said: "It's always important to go out on loan and get some experience, especially when you're young.

"You need to be playing and for me to go out on loan to Brighton has helped me to come on as a player. I enjoyed playing for Gus Poyet and that was a great experience for me."

Sunday was his second Newcastle appearance of the season - he started against Accrington in the Carling Cup just before he headed to the Withdean Stadium - and his 14th in all for United.

He came on for Shane Ferguson on 69 minutes and it was an eye-catching cameo, rounded off with his role in the dramatic late equaliser.

"The gaffer just said to me when I was on the touchline 'take him on' so I did and I crossed the ball for Ryan Taylor," LuaLua said. "I think he would have scored the header but their defender blocked it, we got a corner and from that corner Steven Taylor scored so that was great.

"That is what I like to do, to take players on. I'm a young lad and I'm learning every day in training from playing with pros like Joey (Barton), Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan. I've got to work hard and hopefully there's more to come. If I do my best in training, I can always be ready if the chance comes.

"I would love to be involved against West Brom so I'll train hard in the week and hopefully the gaffer will give me another chance like he did today."

I think Ranger's motivation will be assisted and improved by other young players being given a chance and making the most of it.

I think Ranger's motivation will be assisted and improved by other young players being given a chance and making the most of it.

Ranger really needs to go on loan to div 1 etc and try and discover a scoring habit.

Lua Lua seemed 10 seconds behind the game from what I saw...which wasn't much.

You must have missed the bit where he left the Chelsea player for dead and crossed for the header that led to the corner that led to the goal. :lol:

Lua Lua seemed 10 seconds behind the game from what I saw...which wasn't much.

You must have missed the bit where he left the Chelsea player for dead and crossed for the header that led to the corner that led to the goal. :lol:

I did.

He crossed it straight to a Chelsea player then?

Did one good thing, looked off the pace and naive for the most part. Ridiculous to judge him but Fergie definitely looks a player. Lua Lua looks like a Brighton player.

Out since November with a broken leg!

Last week was his first week back in full training!

Did what was required.

Guest alex

Even if Ferguson and Lua Lua do play a lot next season their form will, in large part, be down to how well the team performs. Because of the position they play in, the builds and their lack of experience they'll rely on our ability to control the middle of the park in games. People talk about how much strikers rely on good service, and they do, but the same is also true of wingers. It's hard work if you're getting the ball slowly and then with the full-back and wide midfielder from the opposition are doubling up on you. You need good, early balls to thrive. Ideally neither should be starting too many games next year though imo.

They should be loaned out. 20 year old lads shouldn't be spending too much time in the reserves. Edgar was never going to be a world beater, but he spent a couple of seasons being absolutely wasted on our bench due to a threadbare squad.

Guest alex
They should be loaned out. 20 year old lads shouldn't be spending too much time in the reserves. Edgar was never going to be a world beater, but he spent a couple of seasons being absolutely wasted on our bench due to a threadbare squad.

The only thing I would say about that is that Edgar is a defender so he's only going to come on if there's an injury but as wingers (I know Ferguson has been mooted as a full-back too) then you have more chance of being used to make an impact on a match / stretch the opposition in the final third of a game.

Edited by alex

Good point, I was disappointed that Hughton didn't use LuaLua a bit more last season. Either he didn't rate him or he was just desperate to guarantee promotion and couldn't risk youth.