Mods - time for a totting points system for serial idiots

Rob W

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my views on metal/rock since (and including) the 1980's:

Crap: Nickelback, Creed and all the really earnest fake rock your mum would like, Linkin Park, Papa Roach and those nu-metal tossers who whinge that the world is crap and their parents don't understand them, and that dodgy hair metal like Motley Crue that plagued the 80's. And Bon Jovi, who are just plain shit.

Good: Metallica 1983-95, Sepultura and a fair few of the thrash metal bands, Faith No More, NiN, Rammstein.

Agree with all that except the hair metal bit. Crue when they started were fuckin awesome!

Pantera, Megadeth, Exodus, Queensryche, Overkill, Ozzy, Testament. Loads and loads of fantastic metal in the 80's (inc. Def Leppard)

;):lol:

At last someone who knows Def Leppard were metal in the late 70's /early 80's!!

I've also seen Megadeth who were brilliant back in the day!

Debut album released in 1980 = 80s band. DL dont get lumped in with legends of 70s heavy rock. Mainly on account of them being awful.

Yes, debut album released in 1980. Band formed in 1977. EP released 1978. Clark joined band in 1979. Band toured in 1979. Do not question my knowledge of DL thank you. Their early influences were T Rex. Sweet. Slade and the like.

Also DL or their fans have never called themselves 'heavy Rock' so dont get your knickers in a twist and try listening to some of their decent early songs.

Edited by Toonraider

Debut album released in 1980 = 80s band. DL dont get lumped in with legends of 70s heavy rock. Mainly on account of them being awful.

Yes, debut album released in 1980. Band formed in 1977. EP released 1978. Clark joined band in 1979. Band toured in 1979. Do not question my knowledge of DL thank you. Their early influences were T Rex. Sweet. Slade and the like.

Also DL or their fans have never called themselves 'heavy Rock' so dont get your knickers in a twist and try listening to some of their decent early songs.

I genuinely hope none of that data storage was achieved at the expense of any useful nursing knowledge ffs. Frightening stuff quite frankly. :lol:

I genuinely hope none of that data storage was achieved at the expense of any useful nursing knowledge ffs. Frightening stuff quite frankly. :lol:

LOL ;) No dont worry, its all stored!! I am a real DL nut though :icon_lol: I will say no more, I just hate people criticising them who have only ever heard the awful 'pour some sugar' and think they know it all from that one track! :D

You ever bunk on the tour bus with the drummer who has no arms? No? Not a real fan then.

She was there in the early days when the band used to share the driving. Lucky to be alive to tell the tale tbh.

:lol: I'm being ever so slightly cheeky btw.

Of the music released in 1978, cant say DL are on the 'must listen' list.

;) I'm being ever so slightly cheeky btw.

Of the music released in 1978, cant say DL are on the 'must listen' list.

who was?