Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

Dunno if I'm going to get to watch tonight's episode. 

They're building a house next door and the stupid fucked have done something to knacker the Sky signal. The site manager said he'd have a bloke round on Saturday, then he'd definitely have one out this morning, now it's going to be tomorrow at the earliest.

I mean, I could watch it through Kodi, or on the tablet, but there's something about settling down in front of the tv once a week to watch a show you love.

I was away last night so sat down to watch it before leaving the hotel this morning on Sky Go only to find you still have to suffer adverts and the app kept crashing. I fucked it off and watched it on Kodi. 

I've pretty much watched every episode on kodi. I much prefer not having to suffer adverts. Not to mention I have virgin so I don't get sky Atlantic anyway. 

I cant see why they've made the decision to go with shorter seasons from now on.   It doesn't benefit it to change the pace this far through. Still it was another good episode with some nice bits for the fans. 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

I'd like to see what the return of Gendry is all about. At the moment it seems rather unnecessary.

As Robert's last surviving child he has a claim on the throne, a stronger one that Cersei's at least. I reckon Thoros and maybe Berric will die North of the Wall, but everyone else will make it back. I can't imagine they'd bring Gendry back for one episode, then off him? Especially because of his claim to the throne.

I thought it was a good episode, Gilly reading the part about Jon's birth (which also gives him a claim to the throne) but being cut off by Sam, the return of Gendry, the dragon having a similar reaction to Jon as the other two dragons had with Tyrion (lending credence to the theory about the three dragon riders), Cersei becoming ever close to the Mad-King in her desperation to cling on to power.

Also, didn't Cersei's witch tell her she'd only have three children, all of whom would die? So I'm not buying Cersei's pregnancy, or at least it won't result in a living child. I think it could be bullshit because she could see she was losing the loyalty of Jaime, and knew he's sentimental enough that a child would pull him back in line.

I only recently realised the three main characters (Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys) all had mothers who died during childbirth. Dunno if there's any meaning to that, but it struck me as an odd coincidence.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye but he doesn't seem to sort who wants to rule. Plus he has zero support.

Sure, but it's a plot point that will surely lead to a discussion about claims to the throne, which will pivot to Jon's claim. How will Daenerys feel about the Usurper's child suddenly being bezzzy mates with her love interest/nephew? 

Also will lead to discussions about the Red God, for some lovely exposition scenes North of the Wall. And surely when Arya meets Gendry again how will that impact the Red Woman's position on her list?

Should Cersei find out (and her spy network seems up to the job) how will she react to knowing Robert's bastard is alive and kicking?

42 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Okay so that just happened. 

Don't want to say much for those who haven't downloaded the leaked episode.

I'm torn between finding and watching it tonight, or waiting until next Monday.

What do you think?

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was an eventful episode. I couldn't hold out til next week but now I've two weeks to wait until the finale :(

Got a link?

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not on my phone. I downloaded the torrent from EZTV.

The only one I can find is shit quality, so I'm going to hold off.

14 hours ago, Ant said:

just watched it, decent episode :D

all episodes should be like the last few but i sense the next couple will be boring as fck

Watched it last night after all.

I think my gut reaction to it was "Holy :lol: fuck! :lol: "

Got a message off a mate about episode 5, complaining it was bland. I don't think he'll be moaning about this one. 

That was my first thought.  But I'm not sure how that could work, surely one element would work against the other.

I'd accidentally read some spoilers about what was going to happen this season the other week.  Happily this episode seems to make them complete nonsense.   

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

That was my first thought.  But I'm not sure how that could work, surely one element would work against the other.

I'd accidentally read some spoilers about what was going to happen this season the other week.  Happily this episode seems to make them complete nonsense.   

He'll breath icey wind instead of fire, surely?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Hide contents

He'll breath icey wind instead of fire, surely?

Maybe.  There's no precedent in the books for anything like this as far as I can remember so anything is possible.  It would certainly even up the playing field you'd think.

Martin wrote a book 16 years before Game of Thrones called The Ice Dragon. Also in the books, Old Nan, who was previously correct about direwolves and giants, says the line “cold as the breath of the ice dragon."

In the books, the ice dragons are described by Maester Margate in The World of Ice and Fire. He goes into detail about, "Colossal beasts, many times larger than the dragons of Valyria... said to be made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal and vast translucent wings through which the moon and stars can be glimpsed as they wheel across the sky.

"Whereas common dragons (if any dragon can truly be said to be common) breathe flame, ice dragons supposedly breathe cold, a chill so terrible that it can freeze a man solid in half a heartbeat."