Jump to content

Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Aye I expect they all will.

 

See I reckon Arya will decide not to kill them (the whole "be kind to strangers" setup), something/someone causes alarm and she has to murder them all. With poor old fish eyes getting a "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" from Arya as she pushes the sword into his heart. :cry: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“ Anyone know any cheap hotels in Kings Landing, Marra?”

It’s a TV show about zombies and fire breathing dragons and the Fish is giving it the full Gary Neville tactical review.

Give it a rest Dave, it’s not the fuckin Somme is it?        

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

 

See I reckon Arya will decide not to kill them (the whole "be kind to strangers" setup), something/someone causes alarm and she has to murder them all. With poor old fish eyes getting a "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" from Arya as she pushes the sword into his heart. :cry: 

I just assumed she'd leave them but they'd get off'd by someone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, if he'd sang his song, said "It's a new one" and then shut the fuck up I wouldn't have cared. But his 2nd line just jarred.

 

Surprised to see the young lad from This is England pop up, can only imagine he's going to die a sad death.

 

He had a second line?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

 

He had a second line?

 

"Worst place in the world" or something like that.

50 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I just assumed she'd leave them but they'd get off'd by someone else.

If I was Sheeran, I would have wanted a big death. I'm sure I read/heard that some kid off youtube that did impressions of GoT characters was offed in the scene where the Hound comes across 4 men sitting around a fire. The one where he swings the axe up into a bloke's cock and balls?

 

This guy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/game-of-thrones-steve-love-cameo-1.3632639

Edited by The Fish
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did think of something that jars slightly with me - they're selling this redemption of the hound quite heavily but has he actually been that much of a cunt compared with the show norm? 

 

I know there was the farmer thing referred to in this episode and the whole "kidnapping" of Arya (where overall he treat her well) but there was also the bit where he rescued Sansa from the rapist in S1. 

 

I can't remember that much cuntishness overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NJS said:

I did think of something that jars slightly with me - they're selling this redemption of the hound quite heavily but has he actually been that much of a cunt compared with the show norm? 

 

I know there was the farmer thing referred to in this episode and the whole "kidnapping" of Arya (where overall he treat her well) but there was also the bit where he rescued Sansa from the rapist in S1. 

 

I can't remember that much cuntishness overall. 

 

Killed the butcher's boy, makes reference to murdering women before, and that's aside from likely killing lots and lots of men.

The way he casually knocked that man with the cart to the ground and was going to kill him suggests he's done similar before and thought nothing of it.

I'm pretty sure he's done worse in the books too.

 

So while in comparison to Joffrey and Ramsey he's a saint, he's still a terrible person.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read a theory that he's so violent towards men because of his latent desire to pierce their flesh iykwim.

 

And obviously his desire to save the fairer sex comes from a positive relationship with his mother.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Wasn't it his job to save her? I doubt he'd have done it if it were just a randomer.

Not any more, he'd quit the King's Guard.

 

That was part an awareness that he'd need money or powerful friends to escape the Lannister's wrath, and part of an ongoing theme of the redemption of Cripples, Bastards and Broken things when faced with genuine evil/setbacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adios said:

I've read a theory that he's so violent towards men because of his latent desire to pierce their flesh iykwim.

 

And obviously his desire to save the fairer sex comes from a positive relationship with his mother.

 

Plus he had a sister who died "mysteriously", which is pretty likely to mean "at the hands of his brother".

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not any more, he'd quit the King's Guard.

 

That was part an awareness that he'd need money or powerful friends to escape the Lannister's wrath, and part of an ongoing theme of the redemption of Cripples, Bastards and Broken things when faced with genuine evil/setbacks.

Think he meant Sansa when he still was a guard - it was during a Joffrey walkabout that she was grabbed. 

 

Edited by NJS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see the easy procession lo victory laid out by Tyrion isn't going to happen though I think conveniently ignoring the fact that Varys should have had better intelligence about Euron and Jon was a bit glaring.

 

Otherwise all good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJS said:

Nice to see the easy procession lo victory laid out by Tyrion isn't going to happen though I think conveniently ignoring the fact that Varys should have had better intelligence about Euron and Jon was a bit glaring.

 

Otherwise all good. 

 

Wouldn't Varys have lost a lot of his spy network when he fled King's Landing? Qyburn certainly seems to have taken many of the little birds under his wing.

 

I like that the obvious weakness in Dragon Tits' army is a competent battle strategist. Jorah is gone, Selmy is dead, Tyrion has clever plans but we've seen them go awry. Jon Snow is a veteran commander, and will surely have learned his lesson from the Battle of the Bastards? And Davos is another.

 

Don't think that's the last we've seen of Nymeria and her megapack of wolves either. I'm sure there's a couple of viewpoint chapters in the books through her eyes.

 

Was watching last night's episode on wireless headphones and their batteries ran out halfway through. Tried rolling them around and stuff, but no joy. Had to root around boxes to find some and by the time I had it had taken me out of the flow of the episode. I was disappointed with the sea battle too, so that and the headphones meant this wasn't my favourite episode of the season so far.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Fish said:

 

Wouldn't Varys have lost a lot of his spy network when he fled King's Landing? Qyburn certainly seems to have taken many of the little birds under his wing.

 

I like that the obvious weakness in Dragon Tits' army is a competent battle strategist. Jorah is gone, Selmy is dead, Tyrion has clever plans but we've seen them go awry. Jon Snow is a veteran commander, and will surely have learned his lesson from the Battle of the Bastards? And Davos is another.

 

Don't think that's the last we've seen of Nymeria and her megapack of wolves either. I'm sure there's a couple of viewpoint chapters in the books through her eyes.

 

Was watching last night's episode on wireless headphones and their batteries ran out halfway through. Tried rolling them around and stuff, but no joy. Had to root around boxes to find some and by the time I had it had taken me out of the flow of the episode. I was disappointed with the sea battle too, so that and the headphones meant this wasn't my favourite episode of the season so far.

 

 

I presumed the little birds were just King's Landing and I was going to say he knew what was going on regarding Dany earlier but then remembered that was Jorah :)

 

I still think they should have realised that intelligence is a key part of warfare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NJS said:

I presumed the little birds were just King's Landing and I was going to say he knew what was going on regarding Dany earlier but then remembered that was Jorah :)

 

I still think they should have realised that intelligence is a key part of warfare. 

 

Nah, little birds are everywhere. That's how Varys knew about Dany and Viserys and so on.

 

I'm hoping for a Qyburn vs Varys snark-off

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Fish said:

 

Wouldn't Varys have lost a lot of his spy network when he fled King's Landing? Qyburn certainly seems to have taken many of the little birds under his wing.

 

I like that the obvious weakness in Dragon Tits' army is a competent battle strategist. Jorah is gone, Selmy is dead, Tyrion has clever plans but we've seen them go awry. Jon Snow is a veteran commander, and will surely have learned his lesson from the Battle of the Bastards? And Davos is another.

 

Don't think that's the last we've seen of Nymeria and her megapack of wolves either. I'm sure there's a couple of viewpoint chapters in the books through her eyes.

 

Was watching last night's episode on wireless headphones and their batteries ran out halfway through. Tried rolling them around and stuff, but no joy. Had to root around boxes to find some and by the time I had it had taken me out of the flow of the episode. I was disappointed with the sea battle too, so that and the headphones meant this wasn't my favourite episode of the season so far.

 

 

There was no chapters in the books through Nymeria's eyes but there are a few sections.  I'm not sure we'll see her again, Aria's final words to her were a clear callback to the scene in season 1 where Ned says she'll be a lady and marry a lord and she replied no that's Sansa it's not me.  Clearly Nymeria is now a wild animal that can't go back to what she was which raises the question about whether Arya is the same.  It's possibly Nymeria might reappear at some point if Arya is fighting the army of the dead.

 

I enjoyed the sea battle greatly (whether this was down to not need headphones I'm not sure) despite how unlikely it seems that Euron's fleet could have sneaked up on Yara's without anyone noticing until they were right on top of them, let alone how Euron knew they'd be there anyway.  I did like Theon's struggles continuing.  I think it makes complete sense that he'd be unable to fight his uncle after what he went through at the hands of Ramsey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Did you not think her right tit was a lot bigger than her left?  Not that it lessened my enjoyment of that otherwise totally pointless scene.

 

Thankyou.  I knew I wouldn't be alone. Mrs HF rolled her eyes when i pointed it out. :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Did you not think her right tit was a lot bigger than her left?  Not that it lessened my enjoyment of that otherwise totally pointless scene.

Not a doctor but arent tits like bollocks in that there is always one bigger than the other?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...