Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

So since relegation, how could it have gone better and is that realistic? We could not have done better than top in the championship and we were 1 minute away from 9th in our first season back having gone through a financial hurricane of shit (caused by Ashley but we're talking since then). You predicted top and 12th and this is an unmitigated disaster? I guess you wanted top and then top 6 this year? Hmm. You predicted great things by any objective standards, those things have occurred and you're still furious with the board?

Selective choices? Go an read our starting midfield for every match of the relegation season and see how many times those 3 play, i addressed Milner and N'zogbia in the post too. The point is about starting players in the midfield getting better, those are 2 sets of (hopefully) regularly starting players from the past and the present and you're arguing they're not better?

I'm not as furious with the board as these shitty arguments CT instigates would suggest. It was the same with Accadadacaspacka. He came in with a deliberately antagonistic posts when people were pissed off. So a lot of people reacted against his OTT guff. He was ultimately right because we were champions, but he went on like we'd have the trophy tied up by christmas, this was before we knew what the squad would even look like and how the chips were going to fall. The people reacting to his posts didn't necessarily think we would do too bad, most were confident of promotion, many as champions.

Since relegation it's gone pretty much as I expected. I thought we should target 8th - 10th this season, what Stoke/Birmingham achieved last season, but 12th was more realistic. That doesn't mean anyone should go on like CT does and suck the cock of the bloke who took us down in the first place. He deliberatley posts WUM shit like the OP and you know he does. I'm not particularly negative about anything, but next to his shit eating POV anyone would look like Jack Dee.

On the selectiveness, Ben Arfa and Cabaye haven't started a comparable number of games.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, that's not right. Most people predicted we'd struggle in the championship and slated posters like accadacca and called him a spacker for predicting we'd waltz it. Then when we were promoted they did the same when people said we would do ok. Last summer was a great window and the christmas window has not panned out how everyone predicted it would. Carroll added fuck all to Liverpool this season and therefore by definition we lost little. That may change next season but it hasn't happened yet so when you talk about the burden of proof it falls just as heavily on the depressive fuckers on here. For the record we've spent £5m and sold no one so far this summer, yes?

I think there's an obvious difference that you're not mentioning here. In the Championship the team performed despite, and not because of the owner. The general feelings regarding where we would finish in the League were pretty much spot on. The activity in transfer windows is what is up for discussion here. Whilst that obviously contributes to the ability of the team to perform it is far from the only influencing factor.

The owner regained some modicum of reputation in the last summer because of Ben Arfa's desire to play here and because of the quality signing that Tiote turned out to be. At the same time the signing of James Perch was disasterous from the beginning. The apparently opportunistic signing of Dan Gosling has done nothing so far but waste wages on another sick note. Simpson's permanent signing was a cautious one. His early season form was promising but since then he has slipped off the pace. Another chance was taken on Sol Campbell, no transfer fee and plenty of experience - but when needed he was hardly there and when he was he disappointed. The Xisco saga continued with the club desperately trying to peddle off their money burning flop.

Then in January the club took another chance on a sick note in the form of Stephen Ireland. That turned out to be a useless move. Carroll was obviously sold for a princely sum, and despite going into the window requiring a first team striker ON TOP OF Carroll we ended up without Carroll and with only a token gesture signing in Kuqi. A number of our players were also loaned out with no replacements forthcoming including Routledge who would come in handy late in the season when injuries and suspensions resulted in having to field players out of position.

With that the most recent track record of transfers (and quite frankly the record for the owner is worse in the windows immediately prior to these) it's ridiculous to suggest that the burden of proof lies with anyone but those proclaiming that this transfer window will be all good with plenty of players arriving to improve the team and only dead wood heading in the other direction.

The 'pozzy's' and the 'negs'! ;) ;) What a complete and utter lunatic!

Seriously are you a Newcastle fan? :)

Everything thats gone on in the last week and in one full week you manage two posts, both about me. The one above and.......

"I'm honestly dying here! What a mentalist! CT man, get help".

Both in this thread ffs :clapping:

Get a life man and join in the discussions, the comings the goings, Barton etc etc

Rather than stalking, start a few threads yourself, chip in, keep the place going.

You and people as fucking stupid as you are causing me to gain little to no enjoyment from this board, which is why I hardly read or post at the moment.

I don't look forward to a summer full of your crowing that every insignificant link to a player who you have never seen and know nothing about vindicates both Fat Mike and your unending, illogical support of him. You are either incredibly stupid or just a WUM but either way you are a cancer on this board. You prate on about Alex and the 'negs' being the ones who are ruining it, but I look to them to provide actual rational debate based on facts, whereas you prate endlessly about how right you are despite the fact that you have never been able to back up anything you say. Baseless optimism is just as idiotic as the baseless negativity you're always banging on about.

Unlike you and also unlike the people forecasting a terminal summer, I'm going to actually wait and see before making a judgment. I think that our summer will be a poor one with several core players leaving and some replacements coming in who are either of equivalent or lesser quality, while major weaknesses of the squad (full-back cover, strikers) will not be adequately addressed - but none of that is set in stone. Nothing is in the history books yet. This summer could go either way and I'm going to wait and see.

So I'll be back in August. In the meantime, don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you insufferable cock. :clapping:

Hang on, that's not right. Most people predicted we'd struggle in the championship and slated posters like accadacca and called him a spacker for predicting we'd waltz it. Then when we were promoted they did the same when people said we would do ok. Last summer was a great window and the christmas window has not panned out how everyone predicted it would. Carroll added fuck all to Liverpool this season and therefore by definition we lost little. That may change next season but it hasn't happened yet so when you talk about the burden of proof it falls just as heavily on the depressive fuckers on here. For the record we've spent £5m and sold no one so far this summer, yes?

I think there's an obvious difference that you're not mentioning here. In the Championship the team performed despite, and not because of the owner. The general feelings regarding where we would finish in the League were pretty much spot on. The activity in transfer windows is what is up for discussion here. Whilst that obviously contributes to the ability of the team to perform it is far from the only influencing factor.

The owner regained some modicum of reputation in the last summer because of Ben Arfa's desire to play here and because of the quality signing that Tiote turned out to be. At the same time the signing of James Perch was disasterous from the beginning. The apparently opportunistic signing of Dan Gosling has done nothing so far but waste wages on another sick note. Simpson's permanent signing was a cautious one. His early season form was promising but since then he has slipped off the pace. Another chance was taken on Sol Campbell, no transfer fee and plenty of experience - but when needed he was hardly there and when he was he disappointed. The Xisco saga continued with the club desperately trying to peddle off their money burning flop.

Then in January the club took another chance on a sick note in the form of Stephen Ireland. That turned out to be a useless move. Carroll was obviously sold for a princely sum, and despite going into the window requiring a first team striker ON TOP OF Carroll we ended up without Carroll and with only a token gesture signing in Kuqi. A number of our players were also loaned out with no replacements forthcoming including Routledge who would come in handy late in the season when injuries and suspensions resulted in having to field players out of position.

With that the most recent track record of transfers (and quite frankly the record for the owner is worse in the windows immediately prior to these) it's ridiculous to suggest that the burden of proof lies with anyone but those proclaiming that this transfer window will be all good with plenty of players arriving to improve the team and only dead wood heading in the other direction.

I dont suppose you would like to offer any links to "those people" who said that?

Dont worry, I know the answer. ;)

You seem very blase about coming 9th to 12th in our first season back up which i think is wrong as this is part of a debate about progress and direction. If you blithely assume that all we had to do was turn up this year and top 10 was achievable then no wonder you dont sense some movement. Isnt he realy just saying we are moving in the right direction and isnt the issue that everyone becomes so invested in their point of view they dont step back and look at it objectively. The Carroll risk paid off and it now looks like it will give us the money to improve the squad.

Accadacca was not antagonistic, it was just some normal lad who posted on here and found himself attacked and taken the piss out of for being right. No wonder he was shirty ;)

On the selectiveness, thats why i said 'hopefully'.

The 'pozzy's' and the 'negs'! ;) ;) What a complete and utter lunatic!

Seriously are you a Newcastle fan? :clapping:

Everything thats gone on in the last week and in one full week you manage two posts, both about me. The one above and.......

"I'm honestly dying here! What a mentalist! CT man, get help".

Both in this thread ffs :clapping:

Get a life man and join in the discussions, the comings the goings, Barton etc etc

Rather than stalking, start a few threads yourself, chip in, keep the place going.

Unlike you and also unlike the people forecasting a terminal summer, I'm going to actually wait and see before making a judgment.

Oh really :)

I think that our summer will be a poor one with several core players leaving and some replacements coming in who are either of equivalent or lesser quality, while major weaknesses of the squad (full-back cover, strikers) will not be adequately addressed - but none of that is set in stone. Nothing is in the history books yet. This summer could go either way and I'm going to wait and see.

So we all cant offer predictions, but you can. :clapping::clapping:

Edited by Christmas Tree

You seem very blase about coming 9th to 12th in our first season back up which i think is wrong as this is part of a debate about progress and direction. If you blithely assume that all we had to do was turn up this year and top 10 was achievable then no wonder you dont sense some movement. Isnt he realy just saying we are moving in the right direction and isnt the issue that everyone becomes so invested in their point of view they dont step back and look at it objectively. The Carroll risk paid off and it now looks like it will give us the money to improve the squad.

Accadacca was not antagonistic, it was just some normal lad who posted on here and found himself attacked and taken the piss out of for being right. No wonder he was shirty ;)

I'd have been blase about 12th before Ashley arrived. wouldn't you?

I dont suppose you would like to offer any links to "those people" who said that?

To be honest I wasn't happy with the way in which I summed up some people's expectations for this transfer window. Could you please do me a favour then, and sum up yours in one or two clear lines.

Thanks.

;) I'd have been blase about going out on the piss and pulling a lass before Ashley arrived. Things change.

Its being a long and winding road with plenty of self inflicted pot holes along the way........BUT....Could we finally be about to witness the same dramatic turnaround on the pitch that we have seen off it.

Cabaye, Gameiro, Gervinho......all good footballers that I have never heard of ;) but listening to others points of view, good none the less.

These are not the league 1 donkeys that the naysayers promised. These are not the Carlton Coles. No these by all accounts are some of the cream of Europe that according to many reports, we are trying desperately to sign.

A line has been drawn.

Gone are the days of a club throwing away good money on over the hill journeymen. Gone are the deals for the boys. Instead we have a club that is filling its youth larder with tomorrows stars and trying to bring current stars into the first team.

What more can we ask?

Of course, there is the little matter of paper and ink, but lets not let that get in the way of glorious vision, a turning point, a new beginning.

For it is foretold that Newcastle will once again rise from the darkness and weave its magic throughout Englands green pastures.

Seems as your knickers appear to have got knotted Happy Face, here is the OP again.

Putting the last two tongue in cheek posts to one side, I dont think there is anything to unpleasant or unrealistic in the rest to anyone other than someone stuck in a particular viewpoint.

To be honest I wasn't happy with the way in which I summed up some people's expectations for this transfer window. Could you please do me a favour then, and sum up yours in one or two clear lines.

Thanks.

Its been very clear all weekend. I would like to start Next season with a stronger side than we finished last season. I also said I am happy for a neutral like Chez to call whether the team is stronger or weaker.

;) I'd have been blase about going out on the piss and pulling a lass before Ashley arrived. Things change.

He's missed a trick, he should have taken us down to the 4th division. Then promotion 3 years running would have been worthy of a statue :)

Howay man, you know he's judged on whether he takes the club forwards or not in the time he's in charge. At the moment he hasn't.

You seem very blase about coming 9th to 12th in our first season back up which i think is wrong as this is part of a debate about progress and direction.

Finishing mid-lower part of the table is the general consensus that people seemed to have when we were promoted after the activity in the transfer window had occurred. In the end we were only 7 points above relegation.

If you blithely assume that all we had to do was turn up this year and top 10 was achievable then no wonder you dont sense some movement.

Noone assumed that, but we were able to realise that there was a number of poor sides in the league that we should conceivably have finished above. The analysis turned out to be accurate.

Isnt he realy just saying we are moving in the right direction and isnt the issue that everyone becomes so invested in their point of view they dont step back and look at it objectively. The Carroll risk paid off and it now looks like it will give us the money to improve the squad.

The Carroll risk has absolutely not paid off until we have a better side than we did prior to his departure. That can only be adjudged at the end of this window. Certainly we were a lesser team for his departure despite the fact that he sat out a large part of the second part of the season injured. Everyone will appreciate that you can't obtain a player of his ability cheaply, nor can you have them on wages of 20K a week (which is what we would have been paying him under his contract which ended in 2015).

Moving in the right direction is hard to judge when you've spent a number of years under the same owner sliding backwards. Even still when the club seemingly takes a step forwards you have to look down and see whether we've actually progressed or have instead remained neutral or lost ground because of some other sliding activity concurrently occurring.

Its being a long and winding road with plenty of self inflicted pot holes along the way........BUT....Could we finally be about to witness the same dramatic turnaround on the pitch that we have seen off it.

Cabaye, Gameiro, Gervinho......all good footballers that I have never heard of ;) but listening to others points of view, good none the less.

These are not the league 1 donkeys that the naysayers promised. These are not the Carlton Coles. No these by all accounts are some of the cream of Europe that according to many reports, we are trying desperately to sign.

A line has been drawn.

Gone are the days of a club throwing away good money on over the hill journeymen. Gone are the deals for the boys. Instead we have a club that is filling its youth larder with tomorrows stars and trying to bring current stars into the first team.

What more can we ask?

Of course, there is the little matter of paper and ink, but lets not let that get in the way of glorious vision, a turning point, a new beginning.

For it is foretold that Newcastle will once again rise from the darkness and weave its magic throughout Englands green pastures.

Seems as your knickers appear to have got knotted Happy Face, here is the OP again.

Putting the last two tongue in cheek posts to one side, I dont think there is anything to unpleasant or unrealistic in the rest to anyone other than someone stuck in a particular viewpoint.

My nickers are in no way twisted. You know that even the title of the topic is a wind up though.

A revolution against himself 4 years in? ;)

"I revolve, but I don't evolve"

He's missed a trick, he should have taken us down to the 4th division. Then promotion 3 years running would have been worthy of a statue :)

Howay man, you know he's judged on whether he takes the club forwards or not in the time he's in charge. At the moment he hasn't.

Quite right, we're back to where we started but i can see sense in what is happening now. If he does spend 50% of the £30m, then that also makes prudent sense, especially if he gets value out of the summer market. I'm not that worried about us bringing in 3 or 4 new faces, its the departures that concern me.

Thanks.

Its been very clear all weekend. I would like to start Next season with a stronger side than we finished last season. I also said I am happy for a neutral like Chez to call whether the team is stronger or weaker.

My "neutral" opinion, is that Mike Ashley is a cunt who is taking this club downwards, in the long term. It says a lot for our support, that sections of it are still clinging on, after 4 years, courtesy of the raised expectations and performance built up under the previous owners, but it is now slowing down and declining.

That, people, is the truth.

Thanks.

Sorry mate, I asked for your expectations not your desires. To clarify that's what you think will happen and not what you want to happen (they can of course be the same).

Everyone would like to start the season with a stronger side, but for the record the strength of the side should not be judged against the team at the end of the season, but the team prior to January. That's allowing for the idea that the club did not have time after the Carroll sale to reinvest the money.

Quite right, we're back to where we started but i can see sense in what is happening now. If he does spend 50% of the £30m, then that also makes prudent sense, especially if he gets value out of the summer market. I'm not that worried about us bringing in 3 or 4 new faces, its the departures that concern me.

Exactly what I said earlier and NJS reiterated.

it's the departures which are saying everything there is to be said, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Sorry mate, I asked for your expectations not your desires. To clarify that's what you think will happen and not what you want to happen (they can of course be the same).

Everyone would like to start the season with a stronger side, but for the record the strength of the side should not be judged against the team at the end of the season, but the team prior to January. That's allowing for the idea that the club did not have time after the Carroll sale to reinvest the money.

My expectations are that we will be stronger at the start of next season than we were at the end of last season.

it's the departures which are saying everything there is to be said, unfortunately.

Thats a big NOTHING then ;)

Thats a big NOTHING then ;)

;)

My expectations are that we will be stronger at the start of next season than we were at the end of last season.

Just getting rid of Campbell/Kuqi was enough to grant that wish

;)

2006/7 - 5 points above relegation

2007/8 - 7 points above relegation

2008/9 - Relegated

2009/10 - Promoted

2001/11 - 7 points above relegation

At the moment, i'm hopeful we can break this pattern next season. Not confident but hopeful.