Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing we can all agree on (except Leazes) is that its refreshing to see us getting stuck straight in and not hanging about.

Happy Face will quite rightly relate it to ticket sales for Team Suspicious, however Team Positive note that these are targets that have been on the agenda for quite some time and see this as a good move to try and get as much in place as possible for pre season training.

I've put the £20m+ gross spend in the tracker for you TN ;)

Good stuff :);)

Cabaye 4.5, Gervinho 10mil, Gameiro 12mil...theres 26.5mil already.

Even if we dont get the latter two id imagine we'd be going in for other player of similar ilk and value.

Easy.

We might get 8mil for Jose and 4mil for Barton.

That alone is still a net spend of 14.5mil.

Even if we dont get the latter two id imagine we'd be going in for other player of similar ilk and value.

Easy.

If you're happy that Ashley is pocketing the Carroll £35m it is anyway.

Easy.

I respect you and your general knowledgable opinions but i just dont get this.

If we improve our squad and bring in quality what does it matter?

And this notion of FMA "pocketing" money is bollocks and i though you of all people would understand that. The money is still in the club.

Easy.

I respect you and your general knowledgable opinions but i just dont get this.

If we improve our squad and bring in quality what does it matter?

And this notion of FMA "pocketing" money is bollocks and i though you of all people would understand that. The money is still in the club.

I was happy to leave it at the gross spend of £20m+

He's already done that twice, so I don't think it would be evidence of any ambition further than what we've already seen from him, but it's as far as your ambition for Ashley seems to stretch.

You replied with a net spend figure that you seem to think would also be very good...but I don't happen to agree with that either, given the net inflow in 2010/2011 was double what you're hoping to be spent at £30m.

Point is, even those of you with the most optimistic outlook aren't thinking that we'll be improving the squad at all. We'll bring people in, which everyone's happy about, but we'll also break up the dressing room with the best team spirit in a decade to finance it. Most people can see that's a daft move.

Personally HF i think Barton and Nolan will stay and we have an outside chance of Jose accepting this new deal.

If that is the case and we bring in those players then it is MASSIVE progression. That 26.5mil is only 3 players anyway HF...i expect is to get a few more in as well tbh.

Point is....we SHOULD be spending in excess of 35mil but the actual figure is irrelevant. If we improve with quaity is doesnt matter how much is spent really.

LM still expects trophy signings and i for one am happy we arent in that game no more.

Personally HF i think Barton and Nolan will stay and we have an outside chance of Jose accepting this new deal.

If that is the case and we bring in those players then it is MASSIVE progression. That 26.5mil is only 3 players anyway HF...i expect is to get a few more in as well tbh.

Point is....we SHOULD be spending in excess of 35mil but the actual figure is irrelevant. If we improve with quaity is doesnt matter how much is spent really.

LM still expects trophy signings and i for one am happy we arent in that game no more.

It was one of the worst days of my life when we signed Shearer SarcMark1.gif

Dont be a dick HF....im tryin to actually have a decent debate with you and you like many others revert to pathetic sarcasm rather than discussin the opinion.

Shearer was a trophy signing and was fantastic.....what about Luque? Boumsong? Smith? Owen? to name but a few.

What money is spent is irelivent, the bottom line is whether the majority of us believe we are starting next season in a stronger position than we finished this.

Having soldiered on last season with Best, Shola, Lovenkrands, Rangers, Kuqi etc etc I expect we will.

What money is spent is irelivent, the bottom line is whether the majority of us believe we are starting next season in a stronger position than we finished this.

Having soldiered on last season with Best, Shola, Lovenkrands, Rangers, Kuqi etc etc I expect we will.

Absolutely. Where as we are optimistic we are realistic too.

Other are negative and unrealistic in their expectations. LM is one. There is many others.

Dont be a dick HF....im tryin to actually have a decent debate with you and you like many others revert to pathetic sarcasm rather than discussin the opinion.

Shearer was a trophy signing and was fantastic.....what about Luque? Boumsong? Smith? Owen? to name but a few.

To say you're glad we aren't in a position to make "trophy" signings is daft though. Isn't that the position we all want to be in? Some people running clubs in the past have got into the position to do so and then made the mistake of maintaining the spending but not the position.

We aren't in a position to make trophy signings, and I'm not advocating it. Just that we give the manager the money he's been able to generate from sales as a minimum, and that he's able to keep the players he wants that are currently on our books and don't have to layout any funds for.

Edited by Happy Face

We'll see in September.

To say you're glad we aren't in a position to make "trophy" signings is daft though. Isn't that the position we all want to be in? Some people running clubs in the past have got into the position to do so and then made the mistake of maintaining the spending but not the position.

We aren't in a position to make trophy signings, and I'm not advocating it. Just that we give the manager the money he's been able to generate from sales as a minimum, and that he's able to keep the players he wants that are currently on our books and don't have to layout any funds for.

No...When did i say i dont want us to be in "that position"?

I said i am happy we arent in that game anymore where we splash huge amounts on money because it looks good, because it shows ambition. Id actually say more "trophy signings" flop than cheaper "bargain basement" signings as LM would put it.

I agree that whatever money is brough it from sales should be made available to spend plus a yearly amount out of FMA pocket but it if it not possible its not possible.

In our case it is possible but why go a blow it all just because we can and because some annoying wrinkley on here thinks thats the only way to show ambition? Fuck off man.

Spend what needs to be spent...if you can get that quality in cheaper then great.

Are you going to spend £100 on a pair of jeans from a popular shop because its the done thing or would you buy the same jeans cheaper elsewhere if you could?

I said i am happy we arent in that game anymore where we splash huge amounts on money because it looks good, because it shows ambition. Id actually say more "trophy signings" flop than cheaper "bargain basement" signings as LM would put it.

I agree that whatever money is brough it from sales should be made available to spend plus a yearly amount out of FMA pocket but it if it not possible its not possible.

In our case it is possible but why go a blow it all just because we can and because some annoying wrinkley on here thinks thats the only way to show ambition? Fuck off man.

Spend what needs to be spent...if you can get that quality in cheaper then great.

Are you going to spend £100 on a pair of jeans from a popular shop because its the done thing or would you buy the same jeans cheaper elsewhere if you could?

You seem to have ignored my post and responded to one from Leazes.

I'm most concerned with who we're selling. Not who we're buying.

As we've neither bought or sold anyone yet I guess it's all a bit premature.

Good post that TN ;)

I know exactly what you mean about the Trophy signings. Its the blowing all your kitty on a Michael Owen etc rather than investing in a team and improving the overall squad.

Trophy signings were great when they worked when were at the top table but trying to live on expensive has-beens as we dropped down the table brought the club to its knees.

We are told we will generate profit this year which is great and if some is used to continually strengthen the squad and some is used to pay back Ashley, I am happy with that. The less he is owed, the easier a future sale can be.

Realistically this continual improvement is the only chance we have of getting back towards the top.

all the noises from the club in the transfer market are the right ones and still thats not good enough for you and all the other boring tossers on here.

;) Fancy that. Just as they're trying to sell tickets for next season too. ;)

Just wait and see.

Im actually sick of this debate.....you wont change my opinion nor will i change yours. Thats the beauty of life, everyones different.

All i know is id rather be happy, positive and optimistic all the time with the chance of occasionally being let down and dissapointed rather than doom, gloom, pessimistic, cynical and negative all the time with the outside chance of being suprised and delighted occasionally.

Must be an age thing. ;)

I've a feeling someone is going to look very stupid come september.....LM.

And alot of people will be pleasantly suprised too. Me and CT however will not be suprised but maybe a bit smug. ;)

EDIT: Who have i got that £50 charity bet on with that our net spend will be over £10mil?

The smart money is on you and CT looking stupid from now to September, and beyond tbf. I don't know how many times Mike Ashley needs to slap the pair of you across the face with his cock before you finally come to your senses.

Bang on the money.

I've a feeling someone is going to look very stupid come september.....LM.

And alot of people will be pleasantly suprised too. Me and CT however will not be suprised but maybe a bit smug. ;)

EDIT: Who have i got that £50 charity bet on with that our net spend will be over £10mil?

The smart money is on you and CT looking stupid from now to September, and beyond tbf. I don't know how many times Mike Ashley needs to slap the pair of you across the face with his cock before you finally come to your senses.

Bang on the money.

Your name can go on the list too. In fact your probably the biggest prick on that list.

At least LM, HF and Gemmil are deserving of a little respect...you however are a complete wank bucket.

Lets just pause for a moment and remember absent friends.....

Alex, bless him. ;)

The amount of "mary mary's" and other one line put downs he could have notched up had he been in this weekend.

He'll be seething. ;)

Edited by Christmas Tree