Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

Listen i do actually think the alot of what FMA is doing is good for the club. I do also think many things he has done have been unmitigated disasters.

However if we have a good summer and he shows his intent and its proven to be good, im happy for us to continue with him.

UNTIL........An oil soaked stinking rich arab billionaire comes in a makes us his play toy.

Absolutely spot on TN, but you shouldnt be saying these sort of things out loud in front of the clique.

Its like that film invasion of the body snatchers, as soon as they spot something positive they all freeze and scream.

(Probably before your time but the older ones will get the drift).

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're doing 'teams' can I be on team 'neutral/getting tired of the i'll be right you'll see, no i'll be right, no i'll be right shenanigans'?

Seems like half the time people aren't actually talking about the potential ingoings/outgoings, just whos going to be 'right' and deserves a cookie and a pat on the head.

That's a false equivalence.

95% of people posting, apropos of the past 4 years, are predicting no changes . There's been no activity whatsoever to suggest that the frugal approach taken previously will change at any point. Those people are not saying "I'll be proven right", they're saying "There's no reason to expect anything different". We will sell our best players, we will not improve anyone's contract to keep them. We will not go that extra inch to secure a signing in a vital position. We will make do with Best/Kuqi type makeweights until we can strike gold by chance.

The other 5% are predicting much greater things, with no apparent supporting evidence.

The burden of proof will be on those misguided few come September.

So how do you account for all our current early activity that is not just confirmed by various media but by the clubs where bids have gone in.

And all before one single player of ours is sold.

and Im sorry, cos I like you, but you need a ;)

If we're doing 'teams' can I be on team 'neutral/getting tired of the i'll be right you'll see, no i'll be right, no i'll be right shenanigans'?

Seems like half the time people aren't actually talking about the potential ingoings/outgoings, just whos going to be 'right' and deserves a cookie and a pat on the head.

95% of people posting, apropos of the past 4 years, are predicting no changes . There's been no activity whatsoever to suggest that the frugal approach taken previously will change at any point. Those people are not saying "I'll be proven right", they're saying "There's no reason to expect anything different". We will sell our best players, we will not improve anyone's contract to keep them. We will not go that extra inch to secure a signing in a vital position. We will make do with Best/Kuqi type makeweights until we can strike gold by chance.

The other 5% are predicting much greater things, with no apparent supporting evidence.

Hang on, that's not right. Most people predicted we'd struggle in the championship and slated posters like accadacca and called him a spacker for predicting we'd waltz it. Then when we were promoted they did the same when people said we would do ok. Last summer was a great window and the christmas window has not panned out how everyone predicted it would. Carroll added fuck all to Liverpool this season and therefore by definition we lost little. That may change next season but it hasn't happened yet so when you talk about the burden of proof it falls just as heavily on the depressive fuckers on here. For the record we've spent £5m and sold no one so far this summer, yes?

See, this is why I love Chezgiven. ;)

I just dont get this board.

On other forums there is a mature modicum of agreement between the pozzy's and the negs regarding the overall reality of the situation, however on here there seems a hard core of negs who are so consumed with their hatred that they cant appreciate any good news.

Im sure if you all came round my house and jopined me in the garden, under the patio heater with a few lagers / hobgoblins, we'd basically agree on 90% of shit.

The big problem for me is that accadacca wasn't simply bullish about our chances. His optimism seemed blind, he couldn't back up his claims we'd piss the league.

I've got no problem listening to informed people who're positive about our chances, it's just people stating, categorically, that we're signing fantastic players (despite knowing nothing about them, nor having sufficient insight to support their claims these new players could trasnfer good performances from one league to another), people stating this is all a grand plan, etc.

Put it this way, when Tom is optimistic I'll pay attention. When CT is optimistic, I dismiss it as the attention seeking gibbering of a bored cabbie

On other forums there is a mature modicum of agreement between the pozzy's and the negs regarding the overall reality of the situation, however on here there seems a hard core of negs who are so consumed with their hatred that they cant appreciate any good news.

Im sure if you all came round my house and jopined me in the garden, under the patio heater with a few lagers / hobgoblins, we'd basically agree on 90% of shit.

Ashley's time in charge of Newcastle has been nothing short of disastrous.

People are only right to be sceptical when it comes to anything in relation to us. It's going to take a lot for people to simply forget what's went on in the past.

Hang on, that's not right. Most people predicted we'd struggle in the championship and slated posters like accadacca and called him a spacker for predicting we'd waltz it. Then when we were promoted they did the same when people said we would do ok. Last summer was a great window and the christmas window has not panned out how everyone predicted it would. Carroll added fuck all to Liverpool this season and therefore by definition we lost little. That may change next season but it hasn't happened yet so when you talk about the burden of proof it falls just as heavily on the depressive fuckers on here. For the record we've spent £5m and sold no one so far this summer, yes?

Most people didn't think we'd struggle at all...this thread for example, where the consensus seems to be playoff places....

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...hl=championship

and my thoughts on the matter were....

I expect to win the first 11 games at least. Hopefully 12.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=630298

We didn't, but I thought we'd do just fine.

And again this year, I predicted the exact spot we'd finish. Thought we'd do OK, not great, and we did. It was always based more upon which teams were worse than us than any sort of ambition though.

No deals have been finalised yet, but as I stated before, happy as I'll be to see the mooted players coming in, we have a clear plan to buy early in the window to sell season tickets and sell players closer to the window closing...like we always do.

Can't imagine why anyone would think any different given the rumblings of discontent and the history...especially someone who was so sure Carroll would stay in January.

Glad to see someone talkin sense....not siding with one nor another but a balanced opinion.

Put it better than i could of. ;)

Listen i do actually think the alot of what FMA is doing is good for the club. I do also think many things he has done have been unmitigated disasters.

However if we have a good summer and he shows his intent and its proven to be good, im happy for us to continue with him.

UNTIL........An oil soaked stinking rich arab billionaire comes in a makes us his play toy.

Absolutely spot on TN, but you shouldnt be saying these sort of things out loud in front of the clique.

Its like that film invasion of the body snatchers, as soon as they spot something positive they all freeze and scream.

Haha i have seen it actually! How old do you think i am?

So how do you account for all our current early activity that is not just confirmed by various media but by the clubs where bids have gone in.

And all before one single player of ours is sold.

and Im sorry, cos I like you, but you need a ;)

Because that's what we do.

We did it with Milner.

We did it with Given and Nzogbia.

We did it with Carroll.

We sell without cover at the end of a window, occasionally having bought early to move season tickets.

See, this is why I love Chezgiven. ;)

Someone with an iota of intelligence sharing your view?

Unfortunately it drags him down rather than you up ;)

Glad to see someone talkin sense....not siding with one nor another but a balanced opinion.

Put it better than i could of. ;)

Haha i have seen it actually! How old do you think i am?

well, as you have called me an old cunt [or similar] I'd say about 12 ;)

No deals have been finalised yet, but as I stated before, happy as I'll be to see the mooted players coming in, we have a clear plan to buy early in the window to sell season tickets and sell players closer to the window closing...like we always do.

Tbf buying earlier gives the players more time to settle and have a good preseason.

Selling at the end means they go for higher prices as other teams panic buy.

Yes there may be an element of wanting to increase ticket sales, but even so it just makes good business+footballing sense to do it this way anyway tbh.

Tbf buying earlier gives the players more time to settle and have a good preseason.

Selling at the end means they go for higher prices as other teams panic buy.

Yes there may be an element of wanting to increase ticket sales, but even so it just makes good business+footballing sense to do it this way anyway tbh.

I'm not saying it's a bad way to do it if you want to sell all your best players. I'd prefer we just didn't sell them though. And anyone having a wank at the moment, taking what goes on in May as evidence of our overall moving and shaking in the window, should know better by now.

The big problem for me is that accadacca wasn't simply bullish about our chances. His optimism seemed blind, he couldn't back up his claims we'd piss the league.

I've got no problem listening to informed people who're positive about our chances, it's just people stating, categorically, that we're signing fantastic players (despite knowing nothing about them, nor having sufficient insight to support their claims these new players could trasnfer good performances from one league to another), people stating this is all a grand plan, etc.

Put it this way, when Tom is optimistic I'll pay attention. When CT is optimistic, I dismiss it as the attention seeking gibbering of a bored cabbie

Bingo btw

And just shows what a dullard attention seeker you are.

As most will confirm (could even post the thread) Accadacca backed his claims up by listing our contenders in the championship and detailing why we were better.

This is your problem Fish when you are always to quick to jump in slagging someone off.

Learn from your mistakes.

I can find links proving a lot of things, they are time dependent, inconsistent and prove very little. What I will say is that anyone saying anything positive gets shouted down on this board, thats a fact that no amount of links will disprove to me. I've not even bothered to click on them, as a keen reader of this forum I'll form my own broad characterisations for myself. People were hoping for the play off, thats a long way from utterly pissing the league. As for predictions for the season just gone, again depends when you asked people.

The point about January is that the rhetoric which is dominating again is that it was a negative window. Didn't pan out that way though, did it? Cabaye has signed too, waiting for that to be confirmed is like waiting for the Olympics to start before believing they will be in London.

I know what I read on here and I know generally what people's attitudes are, your disingenuous claims that we're all really positive after all because one or two posts in thousands say so won't persuade me I've got to visit the opticians.

I was wrong about Carroll but then again, Ashely was right to sell him (so far anyway, given the focus on proof)

I wasnt asking you was i you insessant patronising, condescending old cunt.

no, you weren't, but I was trying to have an intelligent debate with you, and you ducked out of it, you ignorant know-nowt shite.

Bingo btw

And just shows what a dullard attention seeker you are.

As most will confirm (could even post the thread) Accadacca backed his claims up by listing our contenders in the championship and detailing why we were better.

This is your problem Fish when you are always to quick to jump in slagging someone off.

Learn from your mistakes.

As I remember, this detail was him saying they were shit. Not great detail you'd agree.

I'm not "quick to jump in", I'm just pointing out that you do the same shit all the time. You leap on any morsel that the club throws and wolf it down blindly, discovering only later that it's another piece of shit.

You want to know why so many people are distrusting of the regime? Look at my signature. The owners and their agents admitted to lying to the press and the fans. It's going to take a lot more than signing a few players to make me forget that. They could have helped their cause by offering Jose a new deal that ties in arguably the best left back in the country to our side, in so doing they could be in a stronger position to entice other players to join or in Barton's case, agree to terms that he otherwise would not.

Yes £35.5m is a phenomenal sum for Andy Carroll, but if they spend less than that sum on players they're short changing the public, yet again.

You know nothing of Cabaye, yet you say it's fantastic and it's great business... from where do you get the confidence? Need I remind you that Luque came with great promise?

You admit to knowing nothing about other clubs in England, let alone different leagues, yet you celebrate these rumours as if a) they're done deals 2) they're good deals and iii) we will be, on balance, an improved side by the end of the window.

I can find links proving a lot of things, they are time dependent, inconsistent and prove very little. What I will say is that anyone saying anything positive gets shouted down on this board, thats a fact that no amount of links will disprove to me. I've not even bothered to click on them, as a keen reader of this forum I'll form my own broad characterisations for myself. People were hoping for the play off, thats a long way from utterly pissing the league. As for predictions for the season just gone, again depends when you asked people.

The point about January is that the rhetoric which is dominating again is that it was a negative window. Didn't pan out that way though, did it? Cabaye has signed too, waiting for that to be confirmed is like waiting for the Olympics to start before believing they will be in London.

I know what I read on here and I know generally what people's attitudes are, your disingenuous claims that we're all really positive after all because one or two posts in thousands say so won't persuade me I've got to visit the opticians.

I was wrong about Carroll but then again, Ashely was right to sell him (so far anyway, given the focus on proof)

I don't see how having ambitions and saying where our standing should be is negative ? Ashley was wrong to sell Carroll above his managers head and not back him with the money [at least], and I stand by my view that the long term is one of limited ambition on the pitch and therefore decline.

I wasnt asking you was i you insessant patronising, condescending old cunt.

no, you weren't, but I was trying to have an intelligent debate with you, and you ducked out of it, you ignorant know-nowt shite.

Where did i?

Ashley's time in charge of Newcastle has been nothing short of disastrous.

People are only right to be sceptical when it comes to anything in relation to us. It's going to take a lot for people to simply forget what's went on in the past.

I dont wave Ashleys early mistakes, but its just too simplistic to lay all the blame pureley at Ashleys door.

When Mort was running the show things were Rocking.

When Ashley was drinking with the fans very few moaned.

Im sure that in his simplistic view of football, he thought he was doing right by NUFC by setting up this Keegan, Wise Viterez? back room staff to bring good times to NUFC.

Keegan walked BEFORE speaking to Ashley (who I believe was in Vegas) and the rest is history.

Since then there has been this Hate / Hate relationship which has caused all sorts of shit.

Sometimes however you have to step back, look at the bigger picture and move on.

Our financial stability has been secured.

We are forecast to make a profit this season just finished.

We had a good window last summer.

The Carroll sale is roundly regarded as excellent business.

We are attacking this transfer window.

We have bids in totalling £35 million.

Surely it is time to lay the hatchet to one side and give the benefit of doubt a go.

Surely, with something like the Carroll sale, we have to wait a couple of seasons to see if the £35m has been reinvested wisely and even if that means plugging it into a better scouting network, or training centre, or whatever.

I guess I won't believe it's good business until either he flops or we surpass our current situation.

Acca was spot on. People giving CT shit should read the 'I was right' thread too, headed up by Leazes and Stevie, probably our 2 most knowledgeable posters but CT got a few things right too. Enough at least to not dismiss absolutely everything he says.

I'm such a party pooper, I know.