Mike Ashleys Newcastle Revolution

Christmas Tree

Lets just pause for a moment and remember absent friends.....

Alex, bless him. ;)

The amount of "mary mary's" and other one line put downs he could have notched up had he been in this weekend.

He'll be seething. ;)

The worlds a better place! :)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen i do actually think the alot of what FMA is doing is good for the club. I do also think many things he has done have been unmitigated disasters.

However if we have a good summer and he shows his intent and its proven to be good, im happy for us to continue with him.

UNTIL........An oil soaked stinking rich arab billionaire comes in a makes us his play toy.

There seems to be a direct correlation here between 'positivity' and ability to spell/punctuate.

Make of that what you will.

Shut the fuck up man. Its not an english exam.

I've a feeling someone is going to look very stupid come september.....LM.

And alot of people will be pleasantly suprised too. Me and CT however will not be suprised but maybe a bit smug. ;)

EDIT: Who have i got that £50 charity bet on with that our net spend will be over £10mil?

indeed. How much of the Carroll money proves you "right" ?

A net spend of more than 10mil proves me right you wrinkley boring prick.

Gemmil your names on the list of lookin stupid already tbf.

We will spend 20mil plus.....all the noises from the club in the transfer market are the right ones and still thats not good enough for you and all the other boring tossers on here.

does it bollocks you stupid naive little boy.

You've got a lot to learn.

The one thing we can all agree on (except Leazes) is that its refreshing to see us getting stuck straight in and not hanging about.

Happy Face will quite rightly relate it to ticket sales for Team Suspicious, however Team Positive note that these are targets that have been on the agenda for quite some time and see this as a good move to try and get as much in place as possible for pre season training.

you're like somebody who scores a first minute goal and then wants to blow for the final whistle

Personally HF i think Barton and Nolan will stay and we have an outside chance of Jose accepting this new deal.

If that is the case and we bring in those players then it is MASSIVE progression. That 26.5mil is only 3 players anyway HF...i expect is to get a few more in as well tbh.

Point is....we SHOULD be spending in excess of 35mil but the actual figure is irrelevant. If we improve with quaity is doesnt matter how much is spent really.

LM still expects trophy signings and i for one am happy we arent in that game no more.

Ah, so the sort of signings that qualify for europe more than any other team bar 4 in a 15 year period is crap is it ? When will soopa Mike qualify for europe even once, given his "superior" transfer market prowess and business skills ?

Personally HF i think Barton and Nolan will stay and we have an outside chance of Jose accepting this new deal.

If that is the case and we bring in those players then it is MASSIVE progression. That 26.5mil is only 3 players anyway HF...i expect is to get a few more in as well tbh.

Point is....we SHOULD be spending in excess of 35mil but the actual figure is irrelevant. If we improve with quaity is doesnt matter how much is spent really.

LM still expects trophy signings and i for one am happy we arent in that game no more.

It was one of the worst days of my life when we signed Shearer SarcMark1.gif

aye, shocking wasn't it. ;)

Ah, so the sort of signings that qualify for europe more than any other team bar 4 in a 15 year period is crap is it ? When will soopa Mike qualify for europe even once, given his "superior" transfer market prowess and business skills ?

And there we go......Your a joke old man.

How many "trophy signings" or at least big money signings aided us into europe or were they mostly "bargain basement" signings?

Shearer.....who else? Tino? Robert? Three big money signings which came off.

And when i have a bet on a bigger net spend than 10mil it does prove me right when in fact it happens. Prick.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

Dont be a dick HF....im tryin to actually have a decent debate with you and you like many others revert to pathetic sarcasm rather than discussin the opinion.

Shearer was a trophy signing and was fantastic.....what about Luque? Boumsong? Smith? Owen? to name but a few.

everybody but us has a 100% successful transfer record do they ?

Answer my question. When will soopa Mikes superior business expertise match those european qualifications with the quality of players needed to do playing for the club

BEt you don't answer ? ;)

Dont be a dick HF....im tryin to actually have a decent debate with you and you like many others revert to pathetic sarcasm rather than discussin the opinion.

Shearer was a trophy signing and was fantastic.....what about Luque? Boumsong? Smith? Owen? to name but a few.

everybody but us has a 100% successful transfer record do they ?

Answer my question. When will soopa Mikes superior business expertise match those european qualifications with the quality of players needed to do playing for the club

BEt you don't answer ? ;)

More flops than success's though LM.

When? How can anyone answer that you complete cock!

I think with a good summer we COULD get a european place next year and be chasing it every year there after but nobody knows.

If we're doing 'teams' can I be on team 'neutral/getting tired of the i'll be right you'll see, no i'll be right, no i'll be right shenanigans'?

Seems like half the time people aren't actually talking about the potential ingoings/outgoings, just whos going to be 'right' and deserves a cookie and a pat on the head.

If we're doing 'teams' can I be on team 'neutral/getting tired of the i'll be right you'll see, no i'll be right, no i'll be right shenanigans'?

Seems like half the time people aren't actually talking about the potential ingoings/outgoings, just whos going to be 'right' and deserves a cookie and a pat on the head.

I am too tbh.

At least im positive about the future instead of living in the past. Yawn.

And there we go......Your a joke old man.

How many "trophy signings" or at least big money signings aided us into europe or were they mostly "bargain basement" signings?

Shearer.....who else? Tino? Robert? Three big money signings which came off.

And when i have a bet on a bigger net spend than 10mil it does prove me right when in fact it happens. Prick.

I thought you said you wanted a sensible discussion ? What I have said above is perfectly sensible, given your insistence that the current transfer policy is preferable to the old ? Show us the league positions to prove it ?

I'll give you one chance to redeem yourself, because your insistence of the term "trophy players" indicates a high degree of childishness and ignorance, for starters, I could easily rattle off a load of names which would destroy your point completely. I would rather not, because I don't really want the thread to descend into the usual sort of stuff, but sometimes it becomes unavoidable when posters like you refuse to see the truth and put your personality hatred to one side.

Show me where, after 4 years, Mike Ashley's transfer policy has got anywhere near matching the european qualifications of all those "trophy players" as you call them. Anyway, are you saying there was only 4, or are you saying only 4 big fee signings paid off ? In both cases, you are very, very wrong, and those are the facts and that is the truth.

How do you feel about Liverpool, ManU and Spurs signing our "trophy players", and other clubs' too ?

Edited by LeazesMag

That's a false equivalence.

95% of people posting, apropos of the past 4 years, are predicting no changes . There's been no activity whatsoever to suggest that the frugal approach taken previously will change at any point. Those people are not saying "I'll be proven right", they're saying "There's no reason to expect anything different". We will sell our best players, we will not improve anyone's contract to keep them. We will not go that extra inch to secure a signing in a vital position. We will make do with Best/Kuqi type makeweights until we can strike gold by chance.

The other 5% are predicting much greater things, with no apparent supporting evidence.

The burden of proof will be on those misguided few come September.

Edited by Happy Face

What money is spent is irelivent, the bottom line is whether the majority of us believe we are starting next season in a stronger position than we finished this.

Having soldiered on last season with Best, Shola, Lovenkrands, Rangers, Kuqi etc etc I expect we will.

Absolutely. Where as we are optimistic we are realistic too.

Other are negative and unrealistic in their expectations. LM is one. There is many others.

unrealistic to expect NUFC to aim higher than the likes of Bolton and Blackburn, and sell our best players to clubs like Spurs and Liverpool ? I don't think so chum.

To say you're glad we aren't in a position to make "trophy" signings is daft though. Isn't that the position we all want to be in? Some people running clubs in the past have got into the position to do so and then made the mistake of maintaining the spending but not the position.

We aren't in a position to make trophy signings, and I'm not advocating it. Just that we give the manager the money he's been able to generate from sales as a minimum, and that he's able to keep the players he wants that are currently on our books and don't have to layout any funds for.

No...When did i say i dont want us to be in "that position"?

I said i am happy we arent in that game anymore where we splash huge amounts on money because it looks good, because it shows ambition. Id actually say more "trophy signings" flop than cheaper "bargain basement" signings as LM would put it.

I agree that whatever money is brough it from sales should be made available to spend plus a yearly amount out of FMA pocket but it if it not possible its not possible.

In our case it is possible but why go a blow it all just because we can and because some annoying wrinkley on here thinks thats the only way to show ambition? Fuck off man.

Spend what needs to be spent...if you can get that quality in cheaper then great.

Are you going to spend £100 on a pair of jeans from a popular shop because its the done thing or would you buy the same jeans cheaper elsewhere if you could?

Good post that TN ;)

I know exactly what you mean about the Trophy signings. Its the blowing all your kitty on a Michael Owen etc rather than investing in a team and improving the overall squad.

Trophy signings were great when they worked when were at the top table but trying to live on expensive has-beens as we dropped down the table brought the club to its knees.

We are told we will generate profit this year which is great and if some is used to continually strengthen the squad and some is used to pay back Ashley, I am happy with that. The less he is owed, the easier a future sale can be.

Realistically this continual improvement is the only chance we have of getting back towards the top.

dedicated to CT and TN

That's a false equivalence.

95% of people posting, apropos of the past 4 years, are predicting no changes . There's been no activity whatsoever to suggest that the frugal approach taken previously will change at any point. Those people are not saying "I'll be proven right", they're saying "There's no reason to expect anything different". We will sell our best players, we will not improve anyone's contract to keep them. We will not go that extra inch to secure a signing in a vital position. We will make do with Best/Kuqi type makeweights until we can strike gold by chance.

The other 5% are predicting much greater things, with no apparent supporting evidence.

The burden of proof will be on those misguided few come September.

Hang on, that's not right. Most people predicted we'd struggle in the championship and slated posters like accadacca and called him a spacker for predicting we'd waltz it. Then when we were promoted they did the same when people said we would do ok. Last summer was a great window and the christmas window has not panned out how everyone predicted it would. Carroll added fuck all to Liverpool this season and therefore by definition we lost little. That may change next season but it hasn't happened yet so when you talk about the burden of proof it falls just as heavily on the depressive fuckers on here. For the record we've spent £5m and sold no one so far this summer, yes?

Yeh - Accadacca got the piss took out of him!

I didn't think we'd walk the Championship at all - I thought we'd do a Boro tbh!