Office Xmas parties

Kevin Carr's Gloves

This is one of the downsides of being self-employed. Bottle of mulled wine in front of the telly, maybe?  :huh:

68363[/snapback]

That sounds alreet to me, except I don't like mulled wine. A nice tawny port perhaps.

68367[/snapback]

Julian fucking Clarey would've whinced at the campness of that reference

68373[/snapback]

What's the matter with port you fucking shandy drinking hermer?

68379[/snapback]

Tawny fucking port. You enormous bender! :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the downsides of being self-employed. Bottle of mulled wine in front of the telly, maybe?  :huh:

68363[/snapback]

That sounds alreet to me, except I don't like mulled wine. A nice tawny port perhaps.

68367[/snapback]

Julian fucking Clarey would've whinced at the campness of that reference

68373[/snapback]

What's the matter with port you fucking shandy drinking hermer?

68379[/snapback]

Tawny fucking port. You enormous bender! :lol:

68382[/snapback]

Proper sophisticated me like :nah: I concur re: the cheeky vimtos Sammy (port and blue wkd for the uninitiated).

Fucking hell do I feel rough.....

And why the hell did I not take holiday today?  :nah:

68733[/snapback]

If it's any consolation, I'm off on holiday today. And I'm also not hungover. :nah:

68740[/snapback]

I bet you don't have a collapsed payroll to sort out either....

:lol:

:huh:

Fucking hell do I feel rough.....

And why the hell did I not take holiday today?  :blush:

68733[/snapback]

If it's any consolation, I'm off on holiday today. And I'm also not hungover. :nah:

68740[/snapback]

I bet you don't have a collapsed payroll to sort out either....

:lol:

:nah:

68741[/snapback]

You've had all week to sort that :huh:

More like I've been waiting all week for the 3rd party to provide a fix for their shite software.......

68761[/snapback]

So you've been tossing it off all week, and now they haven't responded, you've actually got to do something?

68762[/snapback]

Nope - been trying to fix it off my own back - not happening so they're having to write a fix for it.

Thought I'd shifted it to someone else yesterday but it didn't get resolved and they're off today so it's come back to me..

More like I've been waiting all week for the 3rd party to provide a fix for their shite software.......

68761[/snapback]

So you've been tossing it off all week, and now they haven't responded, you've actually got to do something?

68762[/snapback]

Nope - been trying to fix it off my own back - not happening so they're having to write a fix for it.

Thought I'd shifted it to someone else yesterday but it didn't get resolved and they're off today so it's come back to me..

68782[/snapback]

So hang on. You can't fix it, because you require a fix?

Sackable offence IMO :lol:

Mine was last night, ended up standing on my todd outside the centre for life at about 1:30 swaying back and forth stuffing my face with chips and waiting for a taxi.

68964[/snapback]

I had a similar experience, me heed's still not right. Nearly hometime though.

I ended up taking a SuperVentricularTachycardia attack. Glad I got taken to hospital or I am sure I would have been accused of skiving.

68912[/snapback]

So why are you home now? Or is this not an unusual occurance for you? Maybe it's just here but any occurance of SVT usually warrants admittance to the cardiac ward for at least observation x48 hrs.

Edited by Mags

Supra= outside

Ventricular= lowerchambers of the heart

Tachycardia= heart hate over 100 bpm

Put together a fast heart rate originating from outside of the ventricles- have seen rates over 200 bpm on telemetry. Can cause chest pain, SOB, loss of consciousness.... loads of fun stuff.

Supra= outside

Put together a fast heart rate originating from outside of the ventricles- have seen rates over 200 bpm on telemetry. Can cause chest pain, SOB, loss of consciousness.... loads of fun stuff.

68974[/snapback]

heart rate went up to 205. 6th one this year. ECG shows everything fine just an incredibly high heart rate. I got a shot of Adenosine which wasnt fun and sent home. I am actually at work today.

Well it was my Christmas party last night....

Oh what a fantastic party.....

well when I say fantastic what I mean is fairly damn good, well when I say fairly damn good I actually mean a total pile of arsey shite.

We went to the County Hotel (and saw Smooth Operators bird with a ridiculously cleavage showing dress on!) for a £16 a head meal. The meal consisted of......

NO STARTER (even though there were bread buns).

2 slices of turkey, 1 piece of stuffing, 3 sprouts, 2 carrots, 1 parsnip, 3 bits of mange tout, 1 tiny spiral of mash and the most piss poor single roast potato (which was whiter than a boiled spud).

Tiny bit of Christmas pud with white sauce.

Luckily I had three bread buns and extra gravy to mup them up.

The it was around the toon on what had to be the busiest night ever, even the Lizard Lounge was totally packed and thats normally empty as fook. Add the fact that the lass of the failed Streetmap guitar incident :lol: was being a tit of the highest order whenever I was around and basically it was shite. By the time we hit Mood at 9pm I thought bollocks to it, got a pizza and came home. One freezing walk over the Tyne Bridge (why I thought that was a good idea is beyond me!) later and Im tucked up on the settee with a head fit to burst and a cuppa.

Supra= outside

68974[/snapback]

heart rate went up to 205. 6th one this year. ECG shows everything fine just an incredibly high heart rate. I got a shot of Adenosine which wasnt fun and sent home. I am actually at work today.

68992[/snapback]

Interesting- treat the symptom and slow the tach, but have they actually found out what has been causing the tachy episodes? Be glad you respond to the Adenosine- cardioversion isn't pleasant.

Supra= outside

68974[/snapback]

68992[/snapback]

Interesting- treat the symptom and slow the tach, but have they actually found out what has been causing the tachy episodes? Be glad you respond to the Adenosine- cardioversion isn't pleasant.

69161[/snapback]

Nobody knows what the triggers are they happen at any time under different circumstances. They have talked about surgery for me. What is cardioversion?

Cardioversion is used basically for persons with long running bouts of svt- sedate the poor sod and zap them with a defibrillator- same logic as jump starting a heart- shock it while in SVT to stop it momentarily and then it should resume a normal sinus rhythm. Incidentally- when they give you the adenosine are they at any point able to determine the underlying rhythm? Ie. atrial fib, atrial flutter, juntional?

Edited by Mags

Cardioversion is used basically for persons with long running bouts of svt- sedate the poor sod and zap them with a defibrillator- same logic as jump starting a heart- shock it while in SVT to stop it momentarily and then it should resume a normal sinus rhythm. Incidentally- when they give you the adenosine are they at any point able to determine the underlying rhythm? Ie. atrial fib, atrial flutter, juntional?

69361[/snapback]

Jeeez this thread has turned into an episode of Casualty.

*not making light of your medical condition KCG.

69361[/snapback]

Nothing whatsoever showing on ECG other than fast heart rate. That is why the haven't got a scooby about triggers and treatment. Before this year I got about 2 a year if that. This year they have got more regular. They have suggested beta blockers but not happy about those as they mess with the rest of your body. Or getting a copper wire inserted into my heart to absorb the electrical charge which starts the tachy.