NFL Lockout

CleeToonFan

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Oh, and for that physical factor again anyone was arguing. Reading up on Darrell Green. "all demonstrate the quickness that made Green one of the fastest men in NFL history. But being quick in the NFL is one thing. Was Darrell Green fast enough to have run in the Olympics?

Absolutely, and he probably would have a gold medal to show for it. When he was drafted in 1983, Green had the fastest 100 meter time in the United States. That time would have earned a silver in the 1984 Olympics and certainly would have put Green on the U.S. relay team which won gold. But Green chose football over track, even though he still held on to those sprinting aspirations through the early part of his career."

What is that meant to prove?

That SKY SPORTS has a fucking lot to answer for with kids being obsessed with percentages and meaningless statistics. I'm 95% sure of that, like.

Proving how fast people are! Which is a physicality

And there are no fast people in the UK? Is that what you're getting at? I'm confused now like. :lol:

Noone in the recent Olympic trials in Britain beat Greens 100m times... and he's not a sprinter.

Athletics doesn't get the best athletes in this country any more than it does in the USA. For the same reasons, there's more money in other sports.

Name a faster British sportsman then...

Lewis Hamilton. Jenson Button if you're insisting on a white man.

Edited by alex

Spot the difference;

Clee, this is where you say, 'oh well, i like it anyway ;) ' and duck out of this thread. See CT for tips. :lol:

Haha okay. I guess you don't go changing British peoples minds, and older British people don't like non British sports. Rule Britannia and all that :icon_lol: . Although to be fair to the threads title, it's not like I invited argument about British peoples racism towards American sports!

Try again, it goes something like this;

"'oh well, i like it anyway ;) "

:rolleyes:

Oh, and for that physical factor again anyone was arguing. Reading up on Darrell Green. "all demonstrate the quickness that made Green one of the fastest men in NFL history. But being quick in the NFL is one thing. Was Darrell Green fast enough to have run in the Olympics?

Absolutely, and he probably would have a gold medal to show for it. When he was drafted in 1983, Green had the fastest 100 meter time in the United States. That time would have earned a silver in the 1984 Olympics and certainly would have put Green on the U.S. relay team which won gold. But Green chose football over track, even though he still held on to those sprinting aspirations through the early part of his career."

What is that meant to prove?

That SKY SPORTS has a fucking lot to answer for with kids being obsessed with percentages and meaningless statistics. I'm 95% sure of that, like.

Proving how fast people are! Which is a physicality

And there are no fast people in the UK? Is that what you're getting at? I'm confused now like. :lol:

Noone in the recent Olympic trials in Britain beat Greens 100m times... and he's not a sprinter.

Athletics doesn't get the best athletes in this country any more than it does in the USA. For the same reasons, there's more money in other sports.

Name a faster British sportsman then...

Louis Hamilton. Jenson Button if you're insisting on a white man.

Spot the difference;

Clee, this is where you say, 'oh well, i like it anyway ;) ' and duck out of this thread. See CT for tips. :lol:

Haha okay. I guess you don't go changing British peoples minds, and older British people don't like non British sports. Rule Britannia and all that :icon_lol: . Although to be fair to the threads title, it's not like I invited argument about British peoples racism towards American sports!

"'oh well, i like it anyway :icon_lol: "

Let's cut a deal. For my pride purposes, you can say "Oh well, I don't like it anyway" and leave me to wallow in my thread with the noone else who likes NFL speaking to myself because everyone hates it? ;)

Spot the difference;

"'oh well, i like it anyway ;) "

Oh well, I don't like it anyway.

At last, common sense prevails. Take care and may your God go with you.

CTF, this might be the place for you.

Woah, a disagreement over one issue with the board and i'm doomed to THAT!? Theres harsh punishments ewerk, but that's a bit over the top :lol:. Why, does newcastle-online have loads of NFL fans or just a board full of people with wide-ranging opinions? Even so, I saw it before I signed up on here, bad literacy is something I hate, but they're near illiterate.

Thing is, the superbowl is a typically American bullshitted event with bells, whistles and pop stars playing sets through the many stoppages, it's the World cup final for Americans, I bet half the fuckers that watch it even over there couldn't give a monkeys fuck for the actual game, it's just an event, like non- horse racing fans watching the Grand National over here.

Point, although it does get similar world wide viewers with the Champions League Final, so you have to give it some credit for what it gets

How many of those viewers are from outside the US?

He's talking utter shit its 120m world wide for the Nfl Superbowls and 750m for the CL. It's an insignificant event, where 90% of the people who watch are yank.

Not enough strength. I would lay every penny I've got on an English professional rugby team, kicking an AF team all over in a fight. Rugby players don't need helmets.

As an aside, Stevie Black went over to America years ago and studied some of the fitness stuff in American Football and it was light years ahead of over here at the time. He also said (not sure I believe it like) that there were something like 6 people playing in the NFL at the time who were quicker than the Olympic 100m champion. There approach is incredibly scientific and they throw a load of money at it too. Different argument like, just saying.

Its hard to believe that like. Bolt will be far richer than most of them, certainly more famous. Speaking honestly half the planet knows Bolt, not one American Footballer is known worldwide, I've only ever heard of the fridge.

Thing is, the superbowl is a typically American bullshitted event with bells, whistles and pop stars playing sets through the many stoppages, it's the World cup final for Americans, I bet half the fuckers that watch it even over there couldn't give a monkeys fuck for the actual game, it's just an event, like non- horse racing fans watching the Grand National over here.

Point, although it does get similar world wide viewers with the Champions League Final, so you have to give it some credit for what it gets

Aye but most of the latter watch the whole game :rolleyes:

So do most people with the Superbowl ;). And to your point about speed, I can't imagine faster than any sprinter. But Devin Hester (NFL Player) can do the 100m sprint in 10 seconds, thats faster than any white man ever ;):lol:

So could Franz Carr. Franz Carr is more famous worldwide than any American footballer.

How many of those viewers are from outside the US?

I think around 20 million, how many of the Champs Leagues out of Europe? Probably about the same

Wrong. It's approximately 2%.

I guarantee there are less people in Europe watching the CL Final than there are in Asia and Australasia combined.

Not enough strength. I would lay every penny I've got on an English professional rugby team, kicking an AF team all over in a fight. Rugby players don't need helmets.

As an aside, Stevie Black went over to America years ago and studied some of the fitness stuff in American Football and it was light years ahead of over here at the time. He also said (not sure I believe it like) that there were something like 6 people playing in the NFL at the time who were quicker than the Olympic 100m champion. There approach is incredibly scientific and they throw a load of money at it too. Different argument like, just saying.

Its hard to believe that like. Bolt will be far richer than most of them, certainly more famous. Speaking honestly half the planet knows Bolt, not one American Footballer is known worldwide, I've only ever heard of the fridge.

That OJ Simpson fella made a name for himself. :lol:

Surely Tom Brady? I hate his guts, but he's the "David Beckham" of NFL. Was even on that wank show Family Guy a few years back. Everyone seems to know of him (well not everyone but most people I know, even those that know nothing of NFL). He gets 26 million dollars a year too, which aint bad :lol:. He's even married to Gisele Bundchen!

Surely Tom Brady? I hate his guts, but he's the "David Beckham" of NFL. Was even on that wank show Family Guy a few years back. Everyone seems to know of him (well not everyone but most people I know, even those that know nothing of NFL). He gets 26 million dollars a year too, which aint bad :lol:. He's even married to Gisele Bundchen!

Tom Brady??? I swear to god, I've never heard of Tom Brady, and anyone on here who isn't a sad cunt has heard of him neither. Who's he married to? American's don't count man, they are bastard child who got on to heroin and became a monster, worthless country of fat spoilt bastards, with arguably the single most pathetic culture on earth epitomised by the Superbowls.

That OJ Simpson fella made a name for himself. :lol:

I presumed he was an actor, he was in them Frank Drebben films. I remember the one he was in a wheelchair and went crashing down the stairs.

Tom Brady??? I swear to god, I've never heard of Tom Brady, and anyone on here who isn't a sad cunt has heard of him neither. Who's he married to? American's don't count man, they are bastard child who got on to heroin and became a monster, worthless country of fat spoilt bastards, with arguably the single most pathetic culture on earth epitomised by the Superbowls.

She's a model, decent. I haven't heard of most actors, but I don't like movies, still not gonna call people who do "a sad cunt". I presume you're joking about the Americans bit just to play with the racist card I was bringing out earlier? :rolleyes: Touche.

She's a model, decent. I haven't heard of most actors, but I don't like movies, still not gonna call people who do "a sad cunt". I presume you're joking about the Americans bit just to play with the racist card I was bringing out earlier? :rolleyes: Touche.

No such race as American. Unless you're on about Red Indians who are the indigenous Americans. "Movies" ye mean films?

No such race as American. Unless you're on about Red Indians who are the indigenous Americans. "Movies" ye mean films?

No, but there's an American nation. There's no such race as "English" technically (And most people in Britain aren't derived from the Britons because of the long waves of immigration for centuries), but you can still be racist towards the English. There's an American culture, which means slagging off Americans IS racist. What's the difference between movies and films? Tomato tom-ar-to right>

Native Americans, Stephen.

Ah right is that what they prefer being called then. Disgrace how those poor cunts have been treat for centuries, by that evil society.

Guest alex

Ah right is that what they prefer being called then. Disgrace how those poor cunts have been treat for centuries, by that evil society.

Don't know really. They don't like Red Indians because they aren't Indian though, as I understand it. Think they refer to themselves more by their tribe / nation anyway though. This is just stuff I've picked up watching AWP btw :lol:

All started with the Mayflower :lol:

Stevie you do realise the same can be said of English people? And pretty much every other country in the world!