South Shields

LeazesMag

First away game I ever went to was with the Cyprus. Sheff Utd, last away game of 93/94. Nathan Blake scored twice, hated the tosser ever since.

Used their free bus in days of yore when matches were on metro-less holidays.

I'm slightly ashamed to say I haven't been back to Shields for about 5 years.

Just got a job there. Growing up I always thought it was full of Newcastle fans but it's mackem central!

Bede wing?

Yeah, crisis team

Don't you woprk with mental cases?

Obviously the vast majority of those are Mackems.

Your average Newcastle fan is made of stronger stuff and woyuln't need their head read.

First away game I ever went to was with the Cyprus. Sheff Utd, last away game of 93/94. Nathan Blake scored twice, hated the tosser ever since.

Biggest toon mob I've ever seen that day like. Easily 400 which is unheard of off anyone these days. Arsenal lost at home to West Ham so it didn't matter we'd come third :huh:

Biggest toon mob I've ever seen that day like. Easily 400 which is unheard of off anyone these days. Arsenal lost at home to West Ham so it didn't matter we'd come third ;)

Sure we did better than that like. :huh:

Biggest toon mob I've ever seen that day like. Easily 400 which is unheard of off anyone these days. Arsenal lost at home to West Ham so it didn't matter we'd come third ;)

There was 9000 toon fans that day, but 400 heads, not that I'm associated or anything and nor would I want to be I just remember the mob vividly outside the crucible, and all walked to the ground in unison.

Biggest toon mob I've ever seen that day like. Easily 400 which is unheard of off anyone these days. Arsenal lost at home to West Ham so it didn't matter we'd come third :D

There was 9000 toon fans that day, but 400 heads, not that I'm associated or anything and nor would I want to be I just remember the mob vividly outside the crucible, and all walked to the ground in unison.

I wouldn't know, I was being a good boy playing football with a penny floater in some park before the game, keeping out of trouble ;)

Biggest toon mob I've ever seen that day like. Easily 400 which is unheard of off anyone these days. Arsenal lost at home to West Ham so it didn't matter we'd come third :D

I wouldn't know, I was being a good boy playing football with a penny floater in some park before the game, keeping out of trouble ;)

Tell you what it is about that day, and Old Trafford in 1998, with them. I have to say both those games against t'Blades, I was probably more impressed with their fans than any other English team we've ever played. I fucking HATE that greasy chip butty song though.

Can anyone from South Shields confirm that the Cyprus got shut down because of brewery problems and that there was a sword involved somewhere?

Not heard about a sword like.

Was in there a couple of years ago and they were serving cans and bottles out of bags. Nowt off the taps. Told us to go to the offy up the road if we wanted owt they didn't have. That can't be legit can it?

The lassy on the bar also had her bairn in a pram behind there :huh:

Couldn't afford to pay the brewery so they took his pumps and fridges etc. Then he (ALLEGEDLY) went after his wife with a sword. Fuck knows if it's true or not but we were supposed to have a gig that got cancelled there and that was the crack from another bar manager.

Thought you'd been jumbed in the Woodbine or something when you went quiet.

rough pub ?

Rough council estate behind ocean road. The Remake of Escape From New York is going to be called Escape From The Woodbine.