Miami

Jan

Been a few times, went for NYE about 7 or 8 years ago, stayed at the beach house in bal harbour which was ok but quite lumpy. Went to Space for an all nighter, blagged into the VIP and got some mental pills. The full story of that night is ridiculous. Left the club at 2pm on NYD, went back to the hotel and sat on the private beach drinking jack neat from the bottle. Had a week in the keys afterwards and did some sailing which was great.

Am not a big fan of Florida, been there on business quite a bit but the nightlife in Miami is quality.

I got married in Miami like, canny place. Key Biscayne to be exact. Downtown Miami wasnt up to much but Miami Beach was superb in places. Like any big city it has some very plush places and some not so.

I live up the road from Miami and have heard good things about the Beacon. Getting a hotel on South Beach is probably the best bet.

Send a message to toonarmyMIA as he is an ex-pat who lives there now. He would probably be the best to help you out.

Think if you stay anywhere on South Beach you are bound to get a decent enough hotel. We stayed off Collins Ave which was ideal. Hotel wasn't too expensive either.

I've never seen drinks more expensive than Miami though. Was about 12 dollars for a beer, 15-20 dollars for a cocktail. Isn't the end of the world though as the place is exactly how I'd imagined it. Is quality for people watching too if that's your thing :(