Skys Premier League live games - till end of November

themags

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtually no one who is not from Sunderland or its environs would even consider going there for a night out.

there you go again.. talking utter bullshit because it is what the deluded geordie nation actuallly believe.

I have friends from Reading and family from London, and Ireland that love Sunderland as a night out. They say its much more relaxed up here, the lasses are game, its cheaper, and everyone is out to have a good time.

if Sunderland is such a shit night out.... why is it packed to the rafters every weekend???

You obviously need to broaden your horizons. Sunderland is a vile night out. Even most mackems admit that.

Total bullshit

All of my mates, people I know, people I work with, all love a night out in Sunderland.

We have been to newcastle a few times and alot of the time we end up back in Sunderland by the end of the night because that's where we live .

Virtually no one who is not from Sunderland or its environs would even consider going there for a night out.

there you go again.. talking utter bullshit because it is what the deluded geordie nation actuallly believe.

I have friends from Reading and family from London, and Ireland that love Sunderland as a night out. They say its much more relaxed up here, the lasses are game, its cheaper, and everyone is out to have a good time.

if Sunderland is such a shit night out.... why is it packed to the rafters every weekend???

Pretty obvious you're the one making stuff up tbh.

Disagree with Rhys

RTG is comedy gold at times, and I love a night out in Sunderland - The lasses are fit, easy and dirty as fuck!

I don't care if you think Sunderlands a shit hole. It's home and I love it

Must've changed a hell of a lot in 8 years then, never seen so many stinkers in one place. I used to work with this lass called Lisa right, she used to think she was gorgeous, 5ft1 masssssive arse, tiny tits, peroxide blonde, and one of her pupils looked like a square. She was the face of Sunderland.

Disagree with Rhys

RTG is comedy gold at times, and I love a night out in Sunderland - The lasses are fit, easy and dirty as fuck!

I don't care if you think Sunderlands a shit hole. It's home and I love it

You obviously need to broaden your horizons. Sunderland is a vile night out. Even most mackems admit that.

Nar they honestly think it's the hidden jewel of the north. "Ye garn to the tehhhwn tonight?" Vile accent vile everything.

Pretty obvious you're the one making stuff up tbh.

Which part am I making up?

That i'm from Sunderland? That I enjoy a night out in Sunderland? That I have family and friends who live elsewhere who enjoy a coming up for a night out in Sunderland?

I'll put it another way, you'd have to be stupid to claim that (relatively speaking) Sunderland is in any way a popular destination for nights out (or any reason) for people who aren't from there or the area around it. That's a fact and not subject to your spurious anecdotes. Laughable to argue otherwise but I doubt that'll stop you. Rhys wouldn't go there, bar for attending a match, so it's not just NUFC fans who share this view, is it?

Edited by alex

The only thing Sunderland has that is better than Newcastle is the dog track is marginally better than Brough Park, but that's offset by the fact nearly every cunt has a mackem accent. Step haircuts in 2010 4fs.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

Your delusion is driving me fukin insane.

Keep believing what you want, all the more reason to pelt you lot with shit when you come to the Sol on August 20th.

FTM

:rolleyes:

Which bit of what we have said is deluded? Give logical reasons.

There are no nice lasses in Sunderland

Newcastle have 3 or 4 times as many fans as Sunderland (my personal favourite)

Nobody from outside Sunderland would go to Sunderland for a night out

All just total deluded bullshit

I didn't say that, did I? I said virtually no one from Sunderland and its environs would even think about going there for a night out. Virtually being a relative term in this case. It's true. I'll tell you what, stick a list of popular UK city breaks up on here that includes Sunderland. Or stop talking bollocks.

Well most Sunderland lasses are mingers, that's undeniable, I don't know if it's diet or what. Not all though that glamour model Leanne Crow is nice...for a mackem.

Do you think it's unrealistic baring in mind the Keegan years to say we have a national and international fanbase 3 or 4 times bigger than Sunderland??? We've had title bids, numerous European journeys, CL, Cup Finals, we have a lot of hangers on around the world, Sunderland will have very few. It's 2:1 in the NE alone, we get a lot of fans even from traditional Sunderland areas like Pea-ter-lea even where as Sunderland fans in Newcastle areas are like rocking horse shit.

The only people who would go for a night out in Sunderland are people from your satelite towns like Horden, Houghton, Boldon, 'Etton Lee Oah-al etc.. cos they'll naa nee different really.

Cambridge

Quite unlike most other cities, visitors will be amazed at the prestigious academic city that still maintains the local feel of a busy market town, with hundreds of bikes at every turn. The city's main streets are lined with designer shops and boutiques, and there are a number of trendy wine bars, restaurants and cafés to explore.

Reason to visit Cambridge

- Sunday art and craft market in the Market Square.

- University of Cambridge Botanic Gardens.

- King College chapel – one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture.

- Imperial war museum – packed with military memorabilia.

- Try your hand at punting on the river.

Leeds

Leeds has transformed in recent years and many people consider it had elevated to great heights when exclusive department store Harvey Nichols arrived in town. The city is thriving, and boasts extensive shopping and an unrivalled nightlife , made all the more hectic by its massive student population. If partying is your thing, you'll be in the right city.

Reasons to visit Leeds:

- The nightlife – more than its fair share of upmarket bars.

- The Royal Armouries – full of interesting instruments of death!

- Headingley cricket ground – perhaps the most entertaining ground because of the crowd, and a result is always likely.

- The Corn Exchange – full of small shops selling anything but the usual high street fare.

- Henry Moore Institute – housing 20 th century sculpture.

Liverpool

Don't be fooled into thinking this is a city just concerned with football and The Beatles. The successful bid for Capital of Culture for 2008 gave the city a real shot in the arm, and although it seems as though half the place seems to be being dug up, there is much to keep you occupied, from impressive museums and art galleries right through to extensive shopping , trendy bars and restaurants . The Albert Dock provides an alternative away from the main centre and is a place where you are always likely to bump into a celebrity or two.

Reasons to visit Liverpool:

- Okay, it's inevitable, you just have to mention those four lovable mop-tops!

- The museums and art galleries – The Walker Art Gallery and Tate.

- Celebrity spotting at some of the exclusive bars at Albert Dock.

- The local music scene is vibrant – top spots include the Carling Academy and Philharmonic.

- Visit Anfield , home of Liverpool FC, or head across to Goodison Park , home of Everton FC.

Sunderland and its environs

Don't be fooled to think that Sunderland is frequented only by people who live in the area. Sunderland has a fine selection of decent looking ladies that are some of the finest party animals around. The citys football team have reclaimed their position as north east top dogs with a string of higher finishes than their unwashed neighbours.

Reasons to visit Sunderland:

- It's not Newcastle

- The folk there are some of friendliest and least deluded folk in the North East

- Clems Fish & Chip shop

Edinburgh

Dominated by its castle, Edinburgh is a must see. Princes Street provides the main focus for shopping and the many streets that run off it hide a multitude of interesting shops and bars , to cater for all tastes. The Old Town on the other side of the Princes Street Gardens area has winding roads and anything from the interesting to the downright tacky.

Reasons to visit Edinburgh:

- Edinburgh Castle and its museum.

- Spine chilling ghost tours.

- Welcoming bars with a drop of the hard stuff.

- Superb shopping.

- A piper on almost every corner.

Cambridge

Quite unlike most other cities, visitors will be amazed at the prestigious academic city that still maintains the local feel of a busy market town, with hundreds of bikes at every turn. The city's main streets are lined with designer shops and boutiques, and there are a number of trendy wine bars, restaurants and cafés to explore.

Reason to visit Cambridge

- Sunday art and craft market in the Market Square.

- University of Cambridge Botanic Gardens.

- King College chapel – one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture.

- Imperial war museum – packed with military memorabilia.

- Try your hand at punting on the river.

Leeds

Leeds has transformed in recent years and many people consider it had elevated to great heights when exclusive department store Harvey Nichols arrived in town. The city is thriving, and boasts extensive shopping and an unrivalled nightlife , made all the more hectic by its massive student population. If partying is your thing, you'll be in the right city.

Reasons to visit Leeds:

- The nightlife – more than its fair share of upmarket bars.

- The Royal Armouries – full of interesting instruments of death!

- Headingley cricket ground – perhaps the most entertaining ground because of the crowd, and a result is always likely.

- The Corn Exchange – full of small shops selling anything but the usual high street fare.

- Henry Moore Institute – housing 20 th century sculpture.

Liverpool

Don't be fooled into thinking this is a city just concerned with football and The Beatles. The successful bid for Capital of Culture for 2008 gave the city a real shot in the arm, and although it seems as though half the place seems to be being dug up, there is much to keep you occupied, from impressive museums and art galleries right through to extensive shopping , trendy bars and restaurants . The Albert Dock provides an alternative away from the main centre and is a place where you are always likely to bump into a celebrity or two.

Reasons to visit Liverpool:

- Okay, it's inevitable, you just have to mention those four lovable mop-tops!

- The museums and art galleries – The Walker Art Gallery and Tate.

- Celebrity spotting at some of the exclusive bars at Albert Dock.

- The local music scene is vibrant – top spots include the Carling Academy and Philharmonic.

- Visit Anfield , home of Liverpool FC, or head across to Goodison Park , home of Everton FC.

Sunderland and its environs

Don't be fooled to think that Sunderland is frequented only by people who live in the area. Sunderland has a fine selection of decent looking ladies that are some of the finest party animals around. The citys football team have reclaimed their position as north east top dogs with a string of higher finishes than their unwashed neighbours.

Reasons to visit Sunderland:

- It's not Newcastle

- The folk there are some of friendliest and least deluded folk in the North East

- Clems Fish & Chip shop

Edinburgh

Dominated by its castle, Edinburgh is a must see. Princes Street provides the main focus for shopping and the many streets that run off it hide a multitude of interesting shops and bars , to cater for all tastes. The Old Town on the other side of the Princes Street Gardens area has winding roads and anything from the interesting to the downright tacky.

Reasons to visit Edinburgh:

- Edinburgh Castle and its museum.

- Spine chilling ghost tours.

- Welcoming bars with a drop of the hard stuff.

- Superb shopping.

- A piper on almost every corner.

:rolleyes::D :D :D :D :D :D :jesuswept: :jesuswept: Where's that from A Love Sewpr-ea-m?

The references give a glowing endorsement of what Sunderland has to offer too...

National Glass Centre

of 4 attractions in Sunderland

4 reviews

Attraction type Speciality Museums

Distance 0.8 miles from city centre

"Very dull and uninspiring" 20 Oct 2010

"OK It's free, but rather dull" 19 Feb 2009

"Just fuckin stop wasting time and gann to Newcastle" 12 July 2011

Again with the cities debate...

I disagree with the the ratio to fans is 2:1 in Newcastle's favour aswell, surely your average crowd would be more than 7000 higher than ours if that were the case?

Its pretty close in the north-east I would wager, outside of Sunderland, I think County Durham is still the hotbed of Mackem support, I know loads of Sunderland fans from Gateshead, not sure how though, you'd think they'd be all Mags and I was quite surprised at the amount of SAFC fans from towns like Hartlepool and Darlington.

Internationally however, I would be a fool to argue its close in any way.

Again with the cities debate...

I disagree with the the ratio to fans is 2:1 in Newcastle's favour aswell, surely your average crowd would be more than 7000 higher than ours if that were the case?

Its pretty close in the north-east I would wager, outside of Sunderland, I think County Durham is still the hotbed of Mackem support, I know loads of Sunderland fans from Gateshead, not sure how though, you'd think they'd be all Mags and I was quite surprised at the amount of SAFC fans from towns like Hartlepool and Darlington.

Internationally however, I would be a fool to argue its close in any way.

Sunderland have a great owner, have their best team arguably in living memory, were unbeaten against the the best 5 teams at home last season, have signed 9 decent players this summer. While Newcastle sold their best young striker in years, have been deliberately lied to, have been relegated, had managers that have been sacked for no logical reason, have been taken the piss out of, have been proven in court that they are held in contempt by the owners, have no clear long term plan, will sell their best players when the optimum value time is right, and are largely directionless. Yet still 8000 more fans stream in to the the stadium every week.

Not only that our ticket prices are at least 60% more than Sunderland's. 28 QUID FOR THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOOSE!! That's about £70 odd at Newcastle for the biggest 5 games of the season, cheapest tickets 45 quid in a recession. If we had your ticket prices, they'd need to build level 8 and level 9 never mind level 7. EASILY 2:1 in our favour in the North East. Even in Co.Durham we probably have more supporters, towns like Darlo completely in our favour half of Hartlepool support us, and this is past your catchment area even. 2:1 is conservative.

Forgetting our current maligned status, I'd guess there at least 20000 fans who won't go near the stadium while Ashley is there. There are some on here even.