Mustard - king of the condiments

Dr Gloom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbq dip from mickey donalds is the best dip going

A wild claim Kevin :lol:

What you mean is it's the one you enjoy the most. Probably after a night on the Jager bombers and spliff. Excuse me if I don't rush out to sample the epicurean's most sought after sauces with a Big Mac n fries and a large fizzy drink.

Aren't salt and pepper supposed to be the king/queen of condiments? After that I'd have thought tomato and brown sauces would be more popular condiments than mustard.

• 2 weeks later...
Aren't salt and pepper supposed to be the king/queen of condiments? After that I'd have thought tomato and brown sauces would be more popular condiments than mustard.

Not sure they qualify as condiments. They're essentials as oppose to optional extras.

1 mustard

2 brown sauce

3 chili sauce

IMO

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'd also add that ketchup is the most over rated condiment going. Only time I have it is on a burger. Even with chips, I'd have mustard, Mayo or BBQ sauce ahead of the red stuff.

I hate mustard. For someone who likes curries, and the hot ones, but I just don't and never have liked it. I use it is some recipes but not on its own.

I might get some of that chilli sauce though, I like stuff like that, but normally - on burgers etc - I use this

646.jpg

Edited by LeazesMag

Not sure they qualify as condiments. They're essentials as oppose to optional extras.

1 mustard

2 brown sauce

3 chili sauce

IMO

A condiment is basically anything that is used to flavour food. You're talking about sauces and relishes ;)

I'd also add that ketchup is the most over rated condiment going. Only time I have it is on a burger. Even with chips, I'd have mustard, Mayo or BBQ sauce ahead of the red stuff.

I agree with that. I find ketchup very bland.

Not sure they qualify as condiments. They're essentials as oppose to optional

A condiment is basically anything that is used to flavour food. You're talking about sauces and relishes ;)

Yes, but in a restaurant the salt and pepper shakers are always on the table and not in the condiment basket, which is usually brought to the table on request. Don't fuck wit my condiment knowledge sonny jim.

Not sure they qualify as condiments. They're essentials as oppose to optional

Yes, but in a restaurant the salt and pepper shakers are always on the table and not in the condiment basket, which is usually brought to the table on request. Don't fuck wit my condiment knowledge sonny jim.

Do they bring your chicken in a basket too? ;) I think you'll find a "condiment basket" in the shady establishments you frequent are not the best evidence....next time demand the salt and pepper are in the basket too, cos they're condiments :blush:

Btw, I love Colman's English mustard. Especially the stuff you make yourself from the powder which makes you feel like your sinuses are on fire.

Just the heinz one. It's not mad hot, but it's better than normal.

ok, I might try mayo and that masala chilli sauce I have in already

Good man. If anyone asks for the recipe, just tap the side of your nose and tell them it's the G-Man's sexy ketchup.