Stopping people contacting me on my mobile

magelaide

Is there any way to do this - apart from the obvious?

I have some dude that I used to be friendly with and he won't leave me alone. I don't want to get a new mobile number. Does anyone know for sure if phone companies can block a number? :angry:;)

Guest Toplass-101

Just tell him that you believe that staying in contact with an X is like your Mam saying...

"The cats dead, but its ok you can keep it"

maybe he will get the message.

While we're on this subject, is there anyway you can find out who a number belongs to? I've missed a couple of calls on my mobile from a Birmingham 0121 number but don't really want to ring them back just in case it's someone trying to sell me something.

While we're on this subject, is there anyway you can find out who a number belongs to? I've missed a couple of calls on my mobile from a Birmingham 0121 number but don't really want to ring them back just in case it's someone trying to sell me something.

69760[/snapback]

Type the number into Google. If it's a business it might come up with their website.

69760[/snapback]

Ring from someone else's phone. ;)

I'm changing the deal I've got. Surprised no one noticed when I made that thread about my new phone...!

The deal I've got is total crap...! I was under the impression it was any network, while in fact I am with T-Mobile and can only use my off peak 750 mins with anyone on the same network...! How shit is that! I might as well put it in the bin...! I have got a new deal thou after some discussions on the phone. Not my mobile of course...! So the deal I've now got is any network and from 750 mins down to 500 mins free. From 50 texts free up to 100 texts free. Only thing is I've went from supposedly paying £8 (£16 a month after the 1st 6 months) a month to now £25 a month.

Here's the catch. You get a 17 day guarantee, yet you wont know how much spent until the end of the month. By that time your guarantee is up so your no longer a new customer to be entitled to a good deal like 1st time customers are. So much for my deal. So because it wasn't any network my bill was £53! I'm gonna have to stick with this new deal I've just got until the 18 months are up to get a better deal, unless I folk out £200 to pay off my contract to cancel it.

....oh yeah, about the lad hasseling you...tell em' fook off! simple. ;)

Edited by Geordie Boyo

69760[/snapback]

Type the number into Google. If it's a business it might come up with their website.

69763[/snapback]

Tried it, nowt comes up.

69760[/snapback]

69763[/snapback]

Tried it, nowt comes up.

69874[/snapback]

What you telling us for, like? ;)

69760[/snapback]

69763[/snapback]

Tried it, nowt comes up.

69874[/snapback]

What you telling us for, like? ;)

69884[/snapback]

:angry:

69760[/snapback]

No there isnt.

This isn't spam I work for a mobile phone company.

69760[/snapback]

No there isnt.

69901[/snapback]

There is actually. ;) Reverse phone directories are all over the net, but you have to pay for them.

69760[/snapback]

No there isnt.

69901[/snapback]

There is actually. ;) Reverse phone directories are all over the net, but you have to pay for them.

69903[/snapback]

I stand corrected

I'm changing the deal I've got. Surprised no one noticed when I made that thread about my new phone...!

The deal I've got is total crap...! I was under the impression it was any network, while in fact I am with T-Mobile and can only use my off peak 750 mins with anyone on the same network...! How shit is that! I might as well put it in the bin...! I have got a new deal thou after some discussions on the phone. Not my mobile of course...! So the deal I've now got is any network and from 750 mins down to 500 mins free. From 50 texts free up to 100 texts free. Only thing is I've went from supposedly paying £8 (£16 a month after the 1st 6 months) a month to now £25 a month.

Here's the catch. You get a 17 day guarantee, yet you wont know how much spent until the end of the month. By that time your guarantee is up so your no longer a new customer to be entitled to a good deal like 1st time customers are. So much for my deal. So because it wasn't any network my bill was £53! I'm gonna have to stick with this new deal I've just got until the 18 months are up to get a better deal, unless I folk out £200 to pay off my contract to cancel it.

....oh yeah, about the lad hasseling you...tell em' fook off! simple.  ;)

69775[/snapback]

Muhahaha..! I now have a better deal!

Heres' how its went since I signed the dotted line.

The crap deal

750 mins free off peak (only to T-Mobile users)

50 texs free off peak (again, only to T-Mobile users)

£8 for the 1st 6 months, £16 afterwards. 18 month contact.

A better deal, but still not the best

500 mins free off peak (any network)

100 texts free off peak (any network)

£25 a month. 18 month contract.

The deal we finally agreed with!

750 mins free off peak (any network)

100 texts free Anytime (any network)

£12 for the 1st 6 months. £24 afterwards. 18 month contract.

Don't mess with Boyo! :angry:

69760[/snapback]

No there isnt.

69901[/snapback]

69903[/snapback]

I stand corrected

69988[/snapback]

Or just ask me,

Astonbrook Housing Association.