Luque on his way?

Baggio

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell Leazes, you've surpassed yourself...

A thread about Luque and inside two posts you've managed to reference Bellamy, Robert and Souness :lol:

Alan Nixon may be an 'old hander who has for years has consistently

provided arguably the most prominent and correct transfer market information' but this time he's talking complete and utter tosh!

It's not possible for Luque to be sold this season - transfer legislation prevents it!

71306[/snapback]

We will see, but I stand by my prediction

See my sig.

71276[/snapback]

Becoming a bit of a catchphrase of yours! :D

71307[/snapback]

good article though. I like what Brian Reade says most of the time, and agree with anything that calls fuckwit correctly

An unbeatable combination ....... :blush:

... and after Luques tremendous display today, showing all the advantages he has over Robert. and the reasons we paid 9.5m quid for him, he covered his full back defensively very well, like a "proper player" in fact

Edited by LeazesMag

Win two matches in a row and Leazes Mag is nowhere to be seen.  Lose one match and he's back with a fucking vengeance. :D

71569[/snapback]

But do you think Luque helped the fullback any better than Robert? In fact, does Luque look the type of player who will track back and help the fullback as a matter of routine?

Luque was bought as a striker/attacking left winger. I don't give a shit if he covers his full back just like I never gave a shit whether Robert did. I only care about what they do going forwards. Robert did vrtually nothing for a year and a half and wasgenerally gutless. I'll judge Luque when he's match fit and not part of generally woeful display against probably the 2nd best team in England at the moment at a place where we always struggle.

Incidentally I've never heard Souness talking of Luque in the tracking back and proper player cliches - only as an attacker but why let the truth get in the way of your hatred.

Luque was bought as a striker/attacking left winger. I don't give a shit if he covers his full back just like I never gave a shit whether Robert did. I only care about what they do going forwards. Robert did vrtually nothing for a year and a half and wasgenerally gutless. I'll judge Luque when he's match fit and not part of generally woeful display against probably the 2nd best team in England at the moment at a place where we always struggle.

Incidentally I've never heard Souness talking of Luque in the tracking back and proper player cliches - only as an attacker but why let the truth get in the way of your hatred.

71571[/snapback]

Blimey! What's your problem?

You think I hate Luque? Why's that? I've never posted owt about Luque except that I had the idea he was signed as a replacement for Robert. I want Luque to succeed, same as I want all of the players to succeed. I even want Souness to succeed, I just don't think he will and for that you reckon I hate somebody.

Thought I'd add that you're totally wrong about Robert doing nowt for a year and a half. Even when Souness selected him last season he did ok, the team performances improved until the entire team had one of those now regular woeful displays you refer to above, but with Robert singled out by the manager.

71571[/snapback]

You think I hate Luque? Why's that? I've never posted owt about Luque except that I had the idea he was signed as a replacement for Robert. I want Luque to succeed, same as I want all of the players to succeed. I even want Souness to succeed, I just don't think he will and for that you reckon I hate somebody.

Thought I'd add that you're totally wrong about Robert doing nowt for a year and a half. Even when Souness selected him last season he did ok, the team performances improved until the entire team had one of those now regular woeful displays you refer to above, but with Robert singled out by the manager.

71572[/snapback]

I was thinking more in terms of hatred for Souness really.

Robert "did nothing" in comparison to what he'd done before and what he is/was capable of imo.

71571[/snapback]

71572[/snapback]

I was thinking more in terms of hatred for Souness really.

Robert "did nothing" in comparison to what he'd done before and what he is/was capable of imo.

71575[/snapback]

Fair enough. However, I'd still take Robert " doing nothing " ahead of Ameobi or Zog on the left. Especially Ameobi, although I thought when he came on yesterday he did more than Luque.

Believing Robert was doing less than he is capable of is still something I'd put down to bad management, though. I know people won't like that, but managers get the plaudits at clubs where they get more from players most think are average players. They should get the flak when they can't get much out of anybody and that's Souness I'm afraid. It's not just Robert, we have a load of players right now who are under performing, it can't all be down to the players.

This really isn't hatred of Souness. Just the way I see it. I've praised the bloke when he's got the odd thing right.

Believing Robert was doing less than he is capable of is still something I'd put down to bad management, though. I know people won't like that, but managers get the plaudits at clubs where they get more from players most think are average players.  They should get the flak when they can't get much out of anybody and that's Souness I'm afraid. It's not just Robert, we have a load of players right now who are under performing, it can't all be down to the players.

This really isn't hatred of Souness. Just the way I see it. I've praised the bloke when he's got the odd thing right.

71577[/snapback]

I think he'd gone downhill under Bobby to be fair - I think it might have been better for all concerned if he'd left at the end of the season before last when he seemed to have lost the fans. I think its an endightment of Souness I'd accept completely that the fans were so happy and desperate enough to see Robert "come back" that the boos seemed to be overlooked.

Win two matches in a row and Leazes Mag is nowhere to be seen.  Lose one match and he's back with a fucking vengeance. :D

71569[/snapback]

Me fickle ? Non. I'm confident in my judgements Gem..I'll admit I'm wron when or if I am..

I've been away for a few days last week. If I had posted last week I would have said that against West Ham, the best team lost, and Owen got us [and Souness] off the hook, again.

Happy Xmas BTW hope the new job is going well :blush:

71571[/snapback]

No, Souness never made any secret of the fact that Robert wasn't in his view a "proper player" , because he didn't help out defensively, which is why he has let him go for nothing, and recommended to his chairman to spend 9.5m of the clubs money to replace him.

You surely don't think he has committed all that money simply because he called him names on his website do you ?