Luque on his way?

Baggio

If we can get our money back, I'd sell him in a flash. I just get the feeling he is a luxury we can't afford .........

69836[/snapback]

a bit ironic considering your dog like devotion to the moaning french whinger. If Luque went running to the papers every other week you would give him more of a chance I guess

:angry:

69942[/snapback]

If he fell out with Souness he would become Renton's bestest favourite tbh. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Luque had actually contributed anything it might be different tbh

... and Im not jumping to conclusions on how crap or not he may be. He hasnt had a chance yet to really show what he can do. It does seem strange that he hasnt figured at all recently and its not like Souness has previous on just suddenly changing his mind and snubbing players..

If we can get our money back, I'd sell him in a flash. I just get the feeling he is a luxury we can't afford .........

69836[/snapback]

a bit ironic considering your dog like devotion to the moaning french whinger. If Luque went running to the papers every other week you would give him more of a chance I guess

69942[/snapback]

If we could be sure he would score and create anywhere near as much as Robert did for us I'd definitely want to keep him. I just don't think he will.

And I couldn't give a shit what he says to the papers, especially if it's true.

And agents working for Real are also checking on Luque's health and welfare - with a possible swap on the cards.They have right back Michel Salgado and even Toon old boy Jonathan Woodgate as potential makeweights.

;):angry::blush::blush::razz::razz::PB)

Slow news day is it?

For those who know more about him (I'm looking at you Gol) does Luque have record of being injury prone?

70046[/snapback]

Nope, no more than any other player really. Obviously he suffered an awful injury with his hamstring, and personally I think he's come back quicker than he should have done.

Dont panic Capt Mainwaring!

Bert is being deliberately held back by El Supremo. He (Bert) will be unleashed by the tactical wizard that is Graeme Souness against Liv'pool, with tactics so up-to-date and revolutionary that the Scousers wont be able to cope.

If Souness has a last minute change of plan though, expect Luque to play on the left midfield instead of CB! ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4549444.stm

Newcastle deny Luque exit rumours

Albert Luque has had little to smile about since joining Newcastle

Career stats: Albert Luque

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has rejected media speculation linking Albert Luque with a move back to Spain.

The 27-year-old striker joined Newcastle for £9.5m in the summer but has only made a handful of appearances after suffering a hamstring injury.

"These stories are just rubbish," Shepherd told Newcastle's website.

"I don't know where people get the idea from that we'd consider selling a player we worked so hard to sign only four months ago."

Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid were both reported to be interested in signing Luque in the January transfer window.

But Shepherd insisted Luque - who has a five-year deal at St James' Park - was part of the club's long-term plans.

"Why on earth would we do that? Albert has only been here a short time and the best is still to come from him in a black-and-white shirt," added Shepherd.

"He is regarded as one of the best players in Spain and we think he will be a big player for us, so these stories are ludicrous."

Luque, who has won 17 caps for Spain, picked up a hamstring injury against Fulham in his second appearance for the club on 10 September.

I don't doubt Mr Nixon is a well respected, quality journalist and that the editor of his rag thoroughly checks the integrity of each 'story' before he decides to run with them, however...

There is one small niggle which was pointed out to me which I'd love him to answer...

Albert Luque signed for Newcastle United in August 2005 when the 2005/06 season had already begun. How can he possibly move onto another club next month when transfer legislation prevents a player moving twice in the same season?

Guest CrimsonFault
This thread ain't big enough for the both of us.

69881[/snapback]

No room for me then? :lol:

70340[/snapback]

No, now leave or taste lead, you good-for-nuthin rattlesnake.

70382[/snapback]

Errr... !

I don't doubt Mr Nixon is a well respected, quality journalist and that the editor of his rag thoroughly checks the integrity of each 'story' before he decides to run with them, however...

There is one small niggle which was pointed out to me which I'd love him to answer...

Albert Luque signed for Newcastle United in August 2005 when the 2005/06 season had already begun. How can he possibly move onto another club next month when transfer legislation prevents a player moving twice in the same season?

70541[/snapback]

Does that not only apply to transfers, so any loan would be okay??

I don't think that he will be moving in January.

70541[/snapback]

70594[/snapback]

Not sure about a loan, but going by the extracts from the article below, I presume they were talking about a permanent move:

Barca have made a shock inquiry and would take their former target if Newcastle are reasonable on the price.

And agents working for Real are also checking on Luque's health and welfare - with a possible swap on the cards.They have right back Michel Salgado and even Toon old boy Jonathan Woodgate as potential makeweights.

Either way Newcastle now seem sure to be sellers, clawing back some of their cash for boss Graeme Souness to re-invest on other positions in the next transfer window

Which certainly isn't possible. Poor journalism tbh - he'll be applying for a job at N-O next :lol:

70541[/snapback]

70594[/snapback]

Not sure about a loan, but going by the extracts from the article below, I presume they were talking about a permanent move:

Barca have made a shock inquiry and would take their former target if Newcastle are reasonable on the price.

Either way Newcastle now seem sure to be sellers, clawing back some of their cash for boss Graeme Souness to re-invest on other positions in the next transfer window

Which certainly isn't possible. Poor journalism tbh - he'll be applying for a job at N-O next :lol:

70756[/snapback]

Top post!

Great read!

70541[/snapback]

70594[/snapback]

70756[/snapback]

Top post!

Great read!

70826[/snapback]

Sex in paragraph form!

It sounds like a right load of old bollocks.  "Spanish flop"..."a nightmare time"...the bloke who wrote it should be ashamed picking up his wage every month.

69750[/snapback]

Alan Nixon - old hander from the sunday people, which for years has consistently

provided arguably the most prominent and correct transfer market information.

Nowt like snob treatment of newspapers who actually have staff that are interested in football, rather than those who are probablY educated at rugby playing public schools, such as Henry Winter or other more politically dominated newspapers ie journalists that know nothing about football.

The morale being, read papers staffed by people who nowt about football, and ........

Time will tell.

Whether there is truth in this or not, who knows, but i suspect such dismissiveness

of it is down to the fact that it would be a blow to be proved wrong about him, having said how wonderful he would be, based purely on fuckwits say so, rather than take the more realistic stance that replacing players such as Bellamy and Robert was always going to be such a huge and difficult task, certainly way beyond the reach of the pathetic fees fuckwit was responsible for us getting for them.

Fact is, so far, he has been a disaster. If not, why has he not even been preferred to Hameobi instead of sitting on the bench ?

69836[/snapback]

69942[/snapback]

If we could be sure he would score and create anywhere near as much as Robert did for us I'd definitely want to keep him. I just don't think he will.

And I couldn't give a shit what he says to the papers, especially if it's true.]

69946[/snapback]

a fact seemingly lost with those hell bent on supporting a manager running the club ever downwards

So your saying people who went to public school can't possibly know anything about football. Isn't that reverse snobbery?

71275[/snapback]

no, I'm not, I'm saying i don't discount anyone based on the papers they write for, to do so is narrow minded. What i am also saying is i read them first, and find some of them who do write for the so called quality press ie Winter, Bose [?], are jumped up tossers that know shite all

See my sig. Thats also taken from the mirror. Shame that those who still support fuckwit didn't first/earlier read articles by a journo who knows what he is talking about, also from the eeeerrrr... "tabloid" Mirror.....

Edited by LeazesMag

Fucking hell Leazes, you've surpassed yourself...

A thread about Luque and inside two posts you've managed to reference Bellamy, Robert and Souness :lol:

Alan Nixon may be an 'old hander who has for years has consistently

provided arguably the most prominent and correct transfer market information' but this time he's talking complete and utter tosh!

It's not possible for Luque to be sold this season - transfer legislation prevents it!