Modibo Maiga

DragonFilet

so hes a shit buy because hes going to be away for maybe a month?

hes 24 and given our lots liking for 5 and a half year deals could be here for a good while, but aye that month will make all the difference

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neither good or bad tbh, but stroppy player who tried to force through a move by going on strike who we'll lose to the acn at the same time we lose Ba is hardly going to have anyone jumping for joy.

everyone seemed pretty pleased with ben arfa when he did that

Apart from leaving to ACN, I think we could have aimed for someone better than him, we have 30m to spend and we buy someone that COULD be the new drogba but most probably isn't. Four goals in 11 matches, and two of them in one match, thats no better record than Besty. I don't even understand why we have been so stubborn on getting that guy, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Maybe someone who is not french-african for a change? Not racist, I just want some variation...

Apart from leaving to ACN, I think we could have aimed for someone better than him, we have 30m to spend and we buy someone that COULD be the new drogba but most probably isn't. Four goals in 11 matches, and two of them in one match, thats no better record than Besty. I don't even understand why we have been so stubborn on getting that guy, there's plenty of fish in the sea. Maybe someone who is not french-african for a change? Not racist, I just want some variation...

oh do we now?

youre either a half decent WUM or a complete idiot :lol:

either way youre definitely a cock

neither good or bad tbh, but stroppy player who tried to force through a move by going on strike who we'll lose to the acn at the same time we lose Ba is hardly going to have anyone jumping for joy.

everyone seemed pretty pleased with ben arfa when he did that

sweeping generalisation, no they didn't. I didn't i'm still not because it'll probably be back to bite us in the arse.

comparing the two is chalk and cheese for an inc transfer anyway asides from that, HBA a renowned talent with 4 league medals , a few cup medals, player of the year trophies who i think it's safe to say we all knew about, even those less informed about other euro leagues.

Maiaga whose the same age has none of the above, a relegation to his name and i'm fairly sure even the more informed had never heard of

People were jumping for joy because we were getting Ben Arfa because of his ability/reputation more than anything considering what we were used to signing lately, not because he threw his toys out of the pram.

Not saying Maiaga is a bad player, or indeed a bad transfer, just saying lack of reputation, the fact very few of us have ever seen him play, he's threw a huff, and he's buggering off to the acn at the same time as our only other capable striker doesn't exactly put people in the mood to be dancing around the room.

aye I know youre right, just felt a little contrary :P

Oh, so you disagree on the money we in theory have available???

what on earth leads you to believe that we have £30million plus to spend on players?

In your ideal positive world I thought you'd agree we had that sort of budget...

what on earth leads you to believe that we have £30million plus to spend on players?

In your ideal positive world I thought you'd agree we had that sort of budget...

so nothing then?

so nothing then?

Yes, no money available :(

6 in 11 isn't it? I know we have been blessed with Ba (after quite a few initially wrote him off after 3 games) but 6 in 11 is actually a decent goalscoring record. Even if we did have £30m to spend we would still struggle to attract a real top class striker anyway.

You just seem like one of those who will moan about everything. Did you moan that we signed Cabaye because he only cost £4.8m? Ba because he was on a free? Tiote because he only cost £3.5m and was barely getting a start in a much inferior league?

Dont get to beat up by the banter you receive here Aeris. Im Norwegian - like you - and from my point of view alot of what you say make sense. Its just that you are being too idealistic. The english posters on here have long ago come to terms with the fact that we will see fuck all money, and are just happy with whatever trips over our doorstep, be they shite or not.

Maiga smells of shite to me also, but I do think the circumstances regarding ben arfas strike was somewhat different. From what I can recall, Marseille basically told him he was a persona non grata, and told him to ply his trade elsewhere. He ( his agent ) then agreed terms with newcastle, Marseille THEN did their best to screw the deal up. If that version is the correct one, then him going on strike becomes rather more forgivable in my view...

Maiga is just being a cock full stop.

I didn't moan no... when we signed Tiote I hadn't heard of the player but he was cheap, and we just needed someone at that time. We're lucky he turned out great. I knew Ba and Cabaye were great players.

Dont get to beat up by the banter you receive here Aeris. Im Norwegian - like you - and from my point of view alot of what you say make sense. Its just that you are being too idealistic. The english posters on here have long ago come to terms with the fact that we will see fuck all money, and are just happy with whatever trips over our doorstep, be they shite or not.

Maiga smells of shite to me also, but I do think the circumstances regarding ben arfas strike was somewhat different. From what I can recall, Marseille basically told him he was a persona non grata, and told him to ply his trade elsewhere. He ( his agent ) then agreed terms with newcastle, Marseille THEN did their best to screw the deal up. If that version is the correct one, then him going on strike becomes rather more forgivable in my view...

Cheers, mate! Love! I did actually think you were the most sensible person here at this forum, without knowing your identity. Now when I know you're Norwegian the puzzle gets complete why I though you were the best :D

Nah Salty, the difference between the english posters on here and you two is knowledge about football. Its got fuck all to do with being Norwegian either.

Aeris is being ridiculed for thinking we have the carroll money available since THAT is what the board and pardew told us, you fucking retard. We all know its a big fat greek lie, but it is still a broken promise that he hasnt wrapped his head around just yet. Not everyone are forum couchwankers such as you ( or me :lol: )

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Cheers, mate! Love! I did actually think you were the most sensible person here at this forum, without knowing your identity. Now when I know you're Norwegian the puzzle gets complete why I though you were the best :D

You are not alone. I recieved a personal message from the nick Monroe transfer the other day telling me the exact same thing, to the letter.

Nah Salty, the difference between the english posters on here and you two is knowledge about football. Its got fuck all to do with being Norwegian either.

Aeris is being ridiculed for thinking we have the carroll money available since THAT is what the board and pardew told us, you fucking retard. We all know its a big fat greek lie, but it is still a broken promise that he havent wrapped his head around just yet. Not everyone are forum couchwankers such as you ( or me :lol: )

Sorry Lake, I didn't, I was actually just looking for people who thought we did... :/

Edited by Aeris