Robert not "miracle player"

donaldstott

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=34...ball_Home&f=rss

Laurent Robert accepts his Newcastle United days are over and concedes he could attract an offer from Marseille in January.

The outspoken winger is currently on loan at Portsmouth from Newcastle - a deal which could turn into a permanent arrangement at the end of the season.

Robert has yet to win over the Pompey faithful and is currently trying to fight for his spot under new boss Harry Redknapp.

He admits he would not be happy to remain on the substitutes' bench at Fratton Park and is waiting to discover if the perennial Marseille rumours come to fruition.

"Before leaving Newcastle, I had a lot of propositions and some beautiful ones like Bolton, Manchester City or great Scottish clubs," Robert told France Football.

"I had choice and I think I still have it.

"I didn't come to Portsmouth to stay on the bench, but I am going to work to get back my first team place.

"Between me and l'OM, it is always the same trite news story, which often reappears during transfer window periods.

"But a player in my situation could indeed attract Marseille from January."

Since leaving Newcastle in the summer, Robert has occasionally attacked the St James' Park regime, leading the club to rule out a return for the Frenchman.

Robert is also not expecting to head back to Tyneside, but is confident he has made a valuable imprint on the club's history.

He added: "Newcastle is a club that will remain great to me, but the contrary is true [for them].

"I think I have marked Newcastle's history and I remain in several fans' hearts.

"Before I came we didn't hear a lot about Newcastle. I don't say I was their miracle player, but I have participated in their improvement.

"I left a more than positive image there. However, I don't think I will go back."

Is he mental?

Presumably our image before he came was not of one where mercinaries can take a fortune out of the club and only perform three times a season, thanks for that legacy Laurent....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Bolton, Man City and a couple of Scottish teams. Oooo..the agony of choice.

69870[/snapback]

And they all wanted him so much he chose Portsmouth. Patter merchant tbqf

Wow, Bolton, Man City and a couple of Scottish teams. Oooo..the agony of choice.

69870[/snapback]

Well, the sad fact is Bolton and Citeh are both probably better than us, whilst at Scotland either he would be playing, or will be playing, in the Champion's league.

If he moves to Marseilles though, can we stop talking about him please? ;)

69870[/snapback]

And they all wanted him so much he chose Portsmouth. Patter merchant tbqf

69871[/snapback]

According to Oliver though he chose Pompey as it was near an airport so he could get to France. ;)

69870[/snapback]

Well, the sad fact is Bolton and Citeh are both probably better than us, whilst at Scotland either he would be playing, or will be playing, in the Champion's league.

69875[/snapback]

The even sadder fact is he ended up at Portsmouth. When I say sad, I actually mean funny.

69870[/snapback]

69875[/snapback]

The even sadder fact is he ended up at Portsmouth. When I say sad, I actually mean funny.

69877[/snapback]

I reckon only they'd pay his wages tbh. He'll need to take a cut to go back to France.

69870[/snapback]

69875[/snapback]

69877[/snapback]

I reckon only they'd pay his wages tbh. He'll need to take a cut to go back to France.

69878[/snapback]

Possibly correct. That's as much as I'm willing to concede tbh :angry:

Class the way Renton still insists on defending the arsehole every time he opens his mouth and spouts crap. ;)

69913[/snapback]

Nah, he simply hasn't said anything wrong; as Luke has said he was a very important player in lifting us up from medicrity to relative success and a place on the big European stage. You obviously don't want to admit that, but it is true nonetheless.

Class the way Renton still insists on defending the arsehole every time he opens his mouth and spouts crap. ;)

69913[/snapback]

Nah, he simply hasn't said anything wrong; as Luke has said he was a very important player in lifting us up from medicrity to relative success and a place on the big European stage. You obviously don't want to admit that, but it is true nonetheless.

69919[/snapback]

I have admitted that in the past, you turdmonkey! But that doesn't excuse him from arseholery for eternity. :angry:

69919[/snapback]

I actaully agree with you. The problem I had with him was when he got sussed by the opposition and instead of doing something about it he simply couldn't be arsed. He had shown he was a very good footballer, which is why I feel so let down by him.

69913[/snapback]

Yes, these sentences are nearly as scathing as those "the arsehole" said when the tosser decided it was for the best of the team to leave him out in an important European Quarter final...

Class the way Renton still insists on defending the arsehole every time he opens his mouth and spouts crap. :angry:

69913[/snapback]

Yes, these sentences are nearly as scathing as those "the arsehole" said when the tosser decided it was for the best of the team to leave him out in an important European Quarter final...

69929[/snapback]

I didn't say he'd said anything out of order on this occasion did I, my German chum? Although the beautiful offer from Bolton is amusing at least.

You seem to consistently forget though that as part of the interview you refer to, the arsehole announced that the manager and his coaches didn't talk to poor little Laurent and he just didn't know what to do with himself. I don't know about you but I'd be ashamed to come out with tripe like that. ;)

From NUFC.com:

"And as for marking our history, we'd prefer to use the term blighted - after his self- inflicted absence from the Lisbon UEFA defeat and urine-extracting non -performance at Cardiff.

Nice goals; shame he couldn't get his head of his derriere long enough to be a legend."

Spot on.

From NUFC.com:

"And as for marking our history, we'd prefer to use the term blighted - after his self- inflicted absence from the Lisbon UEFA defeat and urine-extracting non -performance at Cardiff.

Nice goals; shame he couldn't get his head of his derriere long enough to be a legend."

Spot on.

69940[/snapback]

Gemmill, about 2 weeks ago you said you didn't read that site anymore because it was shit. Now, because you happen to agree with it, you are citing it as "spot on"?

For the record, I don't agree his absence from Lisbon was self inflicted, it was inflicted on him by the arse hole that is unfortunately our manager. The crime? Telling the truth.

As for Cardiff, yeah, I'd agree with that, but it applied to the whole team that day. Butt was by far the worst culprit, and by leaving with Ferguson that day his crime was far worse than ANYTHING Robert has done (same could be said of Dyer as well). No vitriol against him still continuing though, is there?

From NUFC.com:

Spot on.

69940[/snapback]

Gemmill, about 2 weeks ago you said you didn't read that site anymore because it was shit. Now, because you happen to agree with it, you are citing it as "spot on"?

I think they're right in what they say about Robert on this occasion. I also don't tend to read the site because I think it's getting shit. I can do both tbh.

For the record, I don't agree his absence from Lisbon was self inflicted, it was inflicted on him by the arse hole that is unfortunately our manager. The crime? Telling the truth.

I saw his crime as "being an unprofessional whining pillock" rather than "telling the truth" tbh.

As for Cardiff, yeah, I'd agree with that, but it applied to the whole team that day. Butt was by far the worst culprit, and by leaving with Ferguson that day his crime was far worse than ANYTHING Robert has done (same could be said of Dyer as well). No vitriol against him still continuing though, is there?

69944[/snapback]

We're talking about Robert man! That's why I haven't mentioned Butt. Same as when we were talking about Souness yesterday I didn't mention Gullit. And the point is that Robert (as you're normally at such pains to point out) was one of the few players we had that day that could have actually turned things in our favour. But he simply could not be arsed. And not for the first time.

Class the way Renton still insists on defending the arsehole every time he opens his mouth and spouts crap. :angry:

69913[/snapback]

69929[/snapback]

I didn't say he'd said anything out of order on this occasion did I, my German chum? Although the beautiful offer from Bolton is amusing at least.

You seem to consistently forget though that as part of the interview you refer to, the arsehole announced that the manager and his coaches didn't talk to poor little Laurent and he just didn't know what to do with himself. I don't know about you but I'd be ashamed to come out with tripe like that. ;)

69931[/snapback]

Eh, players complaining about their managers not talking enough to them is pretty usual. "Tripe" looks completely different to me. In the same interview Robert said that the team's performances and his own have not been good enough. It also could have been interpreted as an appeal at the team to stay focused. But the press and tosser decided to make an attack at his team mates out of it.

So if he isn't saying anything out of order here, why is he talking crap? He is a bit overly self-centered yes, we already knew that. But I can't disagree with him saying that he made a lasting impression by helping to lift the team out of midtable mediocrity (where the team under the guidance of the tosser is ending again). He recognised that he didn't do this own his own (that's why he says he isn't a miracle player). So please tell me where the "crap" part is. That he had offers of a couple of mediocre clubs and he ended up at the wrong one? I cannot see why all the fuzz about these kind of interviews...

From NUFC.com:

Spot on.

69940[/snapback]

I think they're right in what they say about Robert on this occasion. I also don't tend to read the site because I think it's getting shit. I can do both tbh.

I saw his crime as "being an unprofessional whining pillock" rather than "telling the truth" tbh.

69944[/snapback]

We're talking about Robert man! That's why I haven't mentioned Butt. Same as when we were talking about Souness yesterday I didn't mention Gullit. And the point is that Robert (as you're normally at such pains to point out) was one of the few players we had that day that could have actually turned things in our favour. But he simply could not be arsed. And not for the first time.

69950[/snapback]

So because we're talking about Robert I can't make comparisons with other players in our team? He had a bad game, and yes, it wasn't the first. So what, what player doesn't, including Shearer? I completely refute the idea that "he couldn't be arsed" though, this is just a lazy argument put forward by those with an irrational dislike of Robert, and again would apply equally to anyone else on the team that day. How do you know he couldn't be arsed, are you a mind reader? Have you ever considered he (and everyone else) was demotivated because our shit manager can't do his job properly? You and .com can blame the Cardiff fiasco on Robert if you like, but I know who is responsible, but that coward never accepts responsibility, does he?