Robert not "miracle player"

donaldstott

So because we're talking about Robert I can't make comparisons with other players in our team? He had a bad game, and yes, it wasn't the first. So what, what player doesn't, including Shearer? I completely refute the idea that "he couldn't be arsed" though, this is just a lazy argument put forward by those with an irrational dislike of Robert, and again would apply equally to anyone else on the team that day. How do you know he couldn't be arsed, are you a mind reader? Have you ever considered he (and everyone else) was demotivated because our shit manager can't do his job properly? You and .com can blame the Cardiff fiasco on Robert if you like, but I know who is responsible, but that coward never accepts responsibility, does he?

69954[/snapback]

You really are completely blind to any faults when it comes to Robert aren't you? The bloke didn't just have bad games. He was a lazy prick who couldn't be arsed to pull his finger out and get stuck in a lot of the time. Shearer has bad games but it's very rarely through a lack of effort (I don't think even some of his recent poor performances have been a lack of effort, more because he just doesn't have it in him anymore, which is excusable given his age). Robert on the other hand couldn't be arsed on a regular basis, whether you or Isegrim can see this or not.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class the way Renton still insists on defending the arsehole every time he opens his mouth and spouts crap. :angry:

69913[/snapback]

Yes, these sentences are nearly as scathing as those "the arsehole" said when the tosser decided it was for the best of the team to leave him out in an important European Quarter final...

69929[/snapback]

I didn't say he'd said anything out of order on this occasion did I, my German chum? Although the beautiful offer from Bolton is amusing at least.

You seem to consistently forget though that as part of the interview you refer to, the arsehole announced that the manager and his coaches didn't talk to poor little Laurent and he just didn't know what to do with himself. I don't know about you but I'd be ashamed to come out with tripe like that. ;)

69931[/snapback]

Eh, players complaining about their managers not talking enough to them is pretty usual. "Tripe" looks completely different to me. In the same interview Robert said that the team's performances and his own have not been good enough. It also could have been interpreted as an appeal at the team to stay focused. But the press and tosser decided to make an attack at his team mates out of it.

So if he isn't saying anything out of order here, why is he talking crap? He is a bit overly self-centered yes, we already knew that. But I can't disagree with him saying that he made a lasting impression by helping to lift the team out of midtable mediocrity (where the team under the guidance of the tosser is ending again). He recognised that he didn't do this own his own (that's why he says he isn't a miracle player). So please tell me where the "crap" part is. That he had offers of a couple of mediocre clubs and he ended up at the wrong one? I cannot see why all the fuzz about these kind of interviews...

69952[/snapback]

Did you find the interview interesting? I thought it was a load of crap personally. Hence "talking crap". He just likes to bleat on about nothing man - at least he's not doing the usual victim act though, I'll say that for him this time.

So because we're talking about Robert I can't make comparisons with other players in our team? He had a bad game, and yes, it wasn't the first. So what, what player doesn't, including Shearer? I completely refute the idea that "he couldn't be arsed" though, this is just a lazy argument put forward by those with an irrational dislike of Robert, and again would apply equally to anyone else on the team that day. How do you know he couldn't be arsed, are you a mind reader? Have you ever considered he (and everyone else) was demotivated because our shit manager can't do his job properly? You and .com can blame the Cardiff fiasco on Robert if you like, but I know who is responsible, but that coward never accepts responsibility, does he?

69954[/snapback]

You really are completely blind to any faults when it comes to Robert aren't you? The bloke didn't just have bad games. He was a lazy prick who couldn't be arsed to pull his finger out and get stuck in a lot of the time. Shearer has bad games but it's very rarely through a lack of effort (I don't think even some of his recent poor performances have been a lack of effort, more because he just doesn't have it in him anymore, which is excusable given his age). Robert on the other hand couldn't be arsed on a regular basis, whether you or Isegrim can see this or not.

69955[/snapback]

I prefer to argue with objective facts where possible Gemmill, you just seem to deal in pure bullshit, at least regarding Robert. Yet again you peddle the usual can't be arsed/lazy argument, based on nothing but your own prejudice.

As it happens, under Souness he did get stuck in more, and became a worse player for it by the way; he just can't win with people like you who prefer grit and effort over skill and flair. The truth is, a good team needs both, and these are rarely supplied by the same players, but you just can't see it. That is just one reason we will struggle with Souness.

Of course he is not a perfect player, but the way you latch on to everything he says in the press, even when you admit he's not wrong, is sad imo.

69954[/snapback]

69955[/snapback]

I prefer to argue with objective facts where possible Gemmill, you just seem to deal in pure bullshit, at least regarding Robert. Yet again you peddle the usual can't be arsed/lazy argument, based on nothing but your own prejudice.

As it happens, under Souness he did get stuck in more, and became a worse player for it by the way; he just can't win with people like you who prefer grit and effort over skill and flair. The truth is, a good team needs both, and these are rarely supplied by the same players, but you just can't see it. That is just one reason we will struggle with Souness.

Of course he is not a perfect player, but the way you latch on to everything he says in the press, even when you admit he's not wrong, is sad imo.

69965[/snapback]

The main reason I latch onto stuff he says in the press is because it gets you and Isegrim crying like a couple of lasses tbh. ;):angry:

You must be one of very few people that can't see that Laurent Robert is a lazy twat who couldn't be bothered a lot of the time though. That's an objective fact that you just happen to be blind to.

69954[/snapback]

69955[/snapback]

I have never denied that Robert was lacking commitment often. But I think despite his faults (again questionable commitment and a head as big as your arse) I think his positive contribution did outweigh his faults. I always said that I would not have a problem with Robert being replaced by a better player who is offering all the attitudes Robert is lacking AND those which Robert is offering. Though, I remember you saying for you a player who just shows some effort but isn't as good a player would do it. Even a couple of months later I find this statement absurd as IMHO it means nothing else than accepting mediocrity.

I only became a fierce "Robert-backer" after this Lisbon incident when I felt Robert (after already being a scapegoat for some people) became the victim of a vendetta of a clueless manager who tried to force certain players out of the club. And that's by using an interview that got blown out of all thinkable proportions. I stand by what I said after the game: Robert got accused of being selfish and having a scathing attack at the team. The only selfish person was the manager, who gambled with Newcastle's progress in the competition to claim a cheap victory over a player he obviously wanted to get rid off. A player who was doing his manager every favour in the couple of games before by being instrumental in those games won (despite crap performances). In contrast to the likes of Butt et al I can even understand that Robert wasn't really inspired a couple of days later at Cardiff - what is still not an excuse for the performance.

Edited by Isegrim

The main reason I latch onto stuff he says in the press is because it gets you and Isegrim crying like a couple of lasses tbh. ;):angry:

69967[/snapback]

It must be a sad life you have to get pleasure out of this. Though, I can understand it being one of the last few nutters backing that clueless tosser who is in charge of the team affairs... :blush:

You must be one of very few people that can't see that Laurent Robert is a lazy twat who couldn't be bothered a lot of the time though.  That's an objective fact that you just happen to be blind to.

69967[/snapback]

Another fishing trip. :blush:

I can't figure out why the internet is full of wums like yourself, seems like a waste of time to me.

What you have just said isn't an objective fact btw, and you know it. Goals scored or created; they are objective facts.

Before leaving Newcastle, I had a lot of propositions and some beautiful ones like Bolton, Manchester City or great Scottish clubs,"

;):angry:

He's pathetic. I'm glad he's not enjoying his time at Pompey, that'll make him realise what he had here.

Prick.

Renton, we all agree and have talked about many times of the quality Robert posses. You & I both know thou as well as any other Newcastle supporter, if you ask them, that he was in fact a heartless, lazy, moaning, arrogant, gifted player who as you can see with every club he's been at is not tolerated because of his attitude. He remains blind to that fact which shows his arrogance.

We know about the crosses, free kicks and drives on goal he produced, but the reason he's not here to do that anymore is because of the arrogance in him choosing when and when not use the ability he had. It was always touch and go in keeping him on, but how many times was he told by not just our current manager, but ex manager and players how sick and tired they were of his poor contributions on the pitch. He's had plenty of talks with staff, but again because of the arrogance and his huffy temperament he carried on playing that way.

Renton, we all agree and have talked about many times of the quality Robert posses. You & I both know thou as well as any other Newcastle supporter, if you ask them, that he was in fact a heartless, lazy, moaning, arrogant, gifted player who as you can see with every club he's been at is not tolerated because of his attitude. He remains blind to that fact which shows his arrogance.

We know about the crosses, free kicks and drives on goal he produced, but the reason he's not here to do that anymore is because of the arrogance in him choosing when and when not use the ability he had. It was always touch and go in keeping him on, but how many times was he told by not just our current manager, but ex manager and players how sick and tired they were of his poor contributions on the pitch. He's had plenty of talks with staff, but again because of the arrogance and his huffy temperament he carried on playing that way.

69991[/snapback]

Fine, I can agree to a certain extent. But what I find ridiculous is him getting slagged off now when he's not even our player. In his latest interview he hasn't really said anything out of order, just some mildly amusing stuff about the teams interested in him.

He's history, I accept it, I'm happy to move on if everyone else is. ;)

*Starts fire*

69845[/snapback]

Well, this seems to be roaring along quite nicely. ;)

69995[/snapback]

To be fair, it was me that pointed the billows in the direction of the burning ember that is Renton. :blush::angry:

I can't figure out why the internet is full of wums like yourself, seems like a waste of time to me.

Because the internet is also full of mongs like yourself that bite every bloody time, that's why! :blush:

*Starts fire*

69845[/snapback]

69995[/snapback]

To be fair, it was me that pointed the billows in the direction of the burning ember that is Renton. :blush::angry:

70031[/snapback]

Homoerotic tbh.

*Starts fire*

69845[/snapback]

69995[/snapback]

70031[/snapback]

Homoerotic tbh.

70034[/snapback]

Aye but Renton loves that sort of thing. :blush:

*Starts fire*

69845[/snapback]

69995[/snapback]

70031[/snapback]

Homoerotic tbh.

70034[/snapback]

Aye but Renton loves that sort of thing. :blush:

70036[/snapback]

Yes, but he is just interested in Chinese men and not in people 'hung like a Chinese mouse'...

Oliver's best piece ever.  Good work from the craggy faced penman.

70881[/snapback]

Saw AO and John Gibson on that football show last night, waffling on about the demise of The Pink and recent history of reporting on NUFC.

Gibson was telling it how it is, but why does he remind me of something off Lord of The Rings??

Oliver's best piece ever.  Good work from the craggy faced penman.

70881[/snapback]

Saw AO and John Gibson on that football show last night, waffling on about the demise of The Pink and recent history of reporting on NUFC.

Gibson was telling it how it is, but why does he remind me of something off Lord of The Rings??

70998[/snapback]

Don't mind Gibson but Oliver is a prize prick, even for a journalist.