Santon's a Geordie

According to the Daily Mail its sorted. Not a bad bit of business to be honest, of course he is the cheapest of all the ones looked at!!

Newcastle United have agreed a £5million deal for Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon.

Manager Alan Pardew has turned to the 20-year-old Italy international after hitting a snag in negotiations over PSV Eindhoven defender Erik Pieters.

Santon can play either side and has progressed through the ranks at Inter.

Boost: Alan Pardew will be happy after agreeing a deal for Davide Santon

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz1WNozdDks

Can't say I know anything about him, is this a G.Carr find? Twenty is a young age to be thrown into the first team. Being able to play on either side though is handy.

Can't say I know anything about him, is this a G.Carr find? Twenty is a young age to be thrown into the first team. Being able to play on either side though is handy.

been well known as a good prospect for a few years playing in inters first team and italy he's certainly not someone you'd need a scout to find

Serie A winner and Champs league experience. Not one that's been found under a stone somewhere in this case.

been well known as a good prospect for a few years playing in inters first team and italy he's certainly not someone you'd need a scout to find

I don't really watch Italian football if I'm honest. Is he in the Italy first then?

I don't really watch Italian football if I'm honest. Is he in the Italy first then?

he was. not so much now. have a look in the other thread. its better

Just looked at his stats on wiki an tbh is this someone Inter should be letting go twenty years old? And for reported 5million.

Think if we're buying from France, we can basically still buy their current top performers (unless theres other Prem clubs in). If we're buying from Italy, they won't be current top performers, they'll fall into the 'unsettled' or 'potential' category. We'll basically be spinning it to him about us having faith in his ability now, whereas Inter don't. So it'll be about the players decision to leave rather than Inter happily casting him off.

I cant wait to see this guy in action. After watching some of his youtube clips, he seems very keen on getting forward, quite footwork and a decent cross on him. Plus he took corners for Inter, could be interesting. That would allow Cabaye to sit on the edge of the box for the volley.

Think we shall soon see a wicked full back. And also think that we have had two of the best signings of the window in Cabaye and Santon.

wow wow wow..... after watching his interview, he can play in defence and midfield?

:icon_lol: You're a very excitable chap.

He looks quick and skillful, could be a handy RM

Not so handy if it means Raylor plays at left back, though if we get a few free-kicks close from direct angles then it could become handy again.