Bring back some memories?

BastianSchweinsteiger

I remember we had a pathetic platform game called rainbow islands on the C64....i was so hooked on trying to finish it, it was doing me in  ;)  :puke:

Does anyone remember The Dizzy games? Fantastic hours of fun  :lol:

70611[/snapback]

Dizzy was class like, although I imagine if I was to play any of them now they would look really shit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Kidd was gay: FACT.

And hockey games are for homs: FACT.

70607[/snapback]

I never said Alex Kidd was anything but camper than a field of tents. As for the hockey comment, take it back. It's the season to show goodwill to others.

70610[/snapback]

OK, I'm sorry, I take it back as it's Christmas. :lol:

I remember we had a pathetic platform game called rainbow islands on the C64....i was so hooked on trying to finish it, it was doing me in  ;)  :puke:

70611[/snapback]

Dizzy was class like, although I imagine if I was to play any of them now they would look really shit.

70612[/snapback]

your're right :puke:

Alex Kidd was gay: FACT.

And hockey games are for homs: FACT.

70607[/snapback]

I never said Alex Kidd was anything but camper than a field of tents. As for the hockey comment, take it back. It's the season to show goodwill to others.

70610[/snapback]

OK, I'm sorry, I take it back as it's Christmas. :lol:

70613[/snapback]

Good dog, have a biscuit.

70611[/snapback]

Rainbow islands was the sequel to Bubble Bobble, which was one of the greatest arcade games of all time, imo probably the greatest of all.

But tbh I don't think the crappy 8-bit computers of the time could do these games justice - Bubble Bobble on the Spectrum was shit.

Best game ever on the Spectrum, and the most amazing use of memory in history, has to be Rebel Star.

I remember we had a pathetic platform game called rainbow islands on the C64....i was so hooked on trying to finish it, it was doing me in  :puke:  :puke:

Does anyone remember The Dizzy games? Fantastic hours of fun  ;)

70611[/snapback]

Rainbow islands was the sequel to Bubble Bobble, which was one of the greatest arcade games of all time, imo probably the greatest of all.

But tbh I don't think the crappy 8-bit computers of the time could do these games justice - Bubble Bobble on the Spectrum was shit.

Best game ever on the Spectrum, and the most amazing use of memory in history, has to be Rebel Star.

70617[/snapback]

Oh god yes, i remember bubble bobble, though i thought that was after rainbow islands :lol:

I loved sega rally on the saturn, trouble is i got way too addicted and sat there for hours. I dont play any games now.

just waste all my spare time on forums now :puke:

I remember the days of FIFA 97 on the mega drive, where you could only play matches indoor and the graphics were so obviously shite to that of FIFA 2006, etc.

70633[/snapback]

FIFA '97 was luxury man, I remember Match Day on the Spectrum! It took 5 minutes to load as well.

I remember the days of FIFA 97 on the mega drive, where you could only play matches indoor and the graphics were so obviously shite to that of FIFA 2006, etc.

70633[/snapback]

FIFA '97 was luxury man, I remember Match Day on the Spectrum! It took 5 minutes to load as well.

70634[/snapback]

The plus side being that you could copy games with a 2-deck tape recorder. :lol:

Yes feeling nostalgic now!

over the years we bought our son an atari 2600....remember that tennis game? and pacman?  :puke: Drove me nuts and as for space invaders  :lol: the sound of those little feet geting faster and faster must have been bad for my heart  ;)

Next a sega mega drive, have loads of games for that, best being the sonics, toe jam and earls, road rash 1 and 2,  micro machines! wont list them all as we have loads. 

Then onto a saturn, that was a flop wasnt it? shame though as it really was a lovely machine.  Probably best games we have for that are sega rally, daytona and sim city.

Amidst all this we bought a game boy, i always thought that was rubbish, bloody tetris ARGHH!!!!!  :puke:

Then onto a playstation and then a PS2....oh and a C64, which included such classic games as Gribbleys day out and pit stop  :puke:

We still have all these consoles and EVERY game we ever bought, i would throw some of it away, but my son hangs on to it all for posterity!!!

70597[/snapback]

it was over here but was still a big success in Japan. The best console for shooters and seeing as the genre is now pretty much dead it wont be beat. Radiant Silvergun, Battle Garegga, Soukygurentai, Donpachi. Panzer Dragoon Saga came out late in its life and while its one of the best RPGs ever it was ignored by most. It now goes for around £100 on ebay. Sega Rally is a great conversion and miles better than the DC one. Im more than happy with my two Saturns.

Edited by luckypierre

eeee just seen your mention of rebel star Renton. Loved Laser squad meself and what about Lords of Chaos?

Did you knwo they've made a rebelstar for the GBA? Im sure it still Julian Gollop who's done it. You can play it on your DS (if you ever got one)

eeee just seen your mention of rebel star Renton. Loved Laser squad meself and what about Lords of Chaos?

Did you knwo they've made a rebelstar for the GBA? Im sure it still Julian Gollop who's done it. You can play it on your DS (if you ever got one)

70661[/snapback]

I missed later incarnations of Rebel Star (except Rebel Star Raiders 2) like laser quest; never really played Lords of Chaos (hope it wasn't as dull as Tir na Nog or Dun Darach). Rebel Star 2 player was simply amazing though, the most perfectly balanced game ever. And the detail! How the hell did they fit it into 48K? I remember using Captain Kreenon to kill "Mike" with a lawn mower! :lol: Coffe machines increased endurance, but you needed coffee tokens. The moonbase was also huge with loads of individual people, robots and weapons.......

I played it on an emulator recently and still enjoyed it, even though I got my arse kicked. As for the DS, I very much hope and expect there will be on in my stocking with a copy of Advanced wars DS....

The main thing I'll take away from this thread is the knowledge that Renton must have been one of the spottiest, specciest teenagers since time began. :lol:

70820[/snapback]

Never had spots or worn specs actually. ;)

I was a cool kid.

The main thing I'll take away from this thread is the knowledge that Renton must have been one of the spottiest, specciest teenagers since time began. ;)

70820[/snapback]

Never had spots or worn specs actually. :puke:

I was a cool kid.

70822[/snapback]

Aye it sounds like it, Gamesmaster. :lol:

gamesmasterearthWEB.jpg