Favorite Game While Growing Up?

Jan

I loved Perfection and Cludeo.

Hated Operation and Kerplunk.

I have Cludeo on the Commodore 64 and it took ages to load and play.

Then we got Monkey Island I was lost to the world of annimation and adventure! ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was always a subbuteo kidda me, other pals used to play that dungeons and dragons shite, what a load of wank. Later on I was obsessive about Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, and Championship Manager, I still have a blast of FM2011 even now.

Was always a subbuteo kidda me, other pals used to play that dungeons and dragons shite, what a load of wank. Later on I was obsessive about Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, and Championship Manager, I still have a blast of FM2011 even now.

I had the Dark Dungeons on the ZX Spectrum ground breaking for its time as was Twin Kingdom Valley

I am rubber you are glue

(outside style games asides from footy, bulldogs or "hunt" big like hide and seek but you had to make it back to a central point to get "free" rather than just wait till you're found)

Edit> lol Stevie i was playing Sensible Soccer this morning when i was having my coffee in work, been humming the theme tune since.

Ahhhhhhhhh the now now PC British Bulldog!

I am rubber you are glue

(outside style games asides from footy, bulldogs or "hunt" big like hide and seek but you had to make it back to a central point to get "free" rather than just wait till you're found)

Edit> lol Stevie i was playing Sensible Soccer this morning when i was having my coffee in work, been humming the theme tune since.

What the original? What a game. I still remember my first blast of the demo England 2 (Lineker 6, 8) CIS 0.

Kiss chase, Hide and Seek, Kick the can. Knick knocky nine doors,

One of my fondest moments was a big game of chase in woods in Washington which were covered in bogs. I hid behind a tree and waited til the two bigger kids chasing got to the right point. I showed my face they ran after me.... straight into a minging bog. One of them lost a shoe. I stil laugh about it now.

I am rubber you are glue

What the original? What a game. I still remember my first blast of the demo England 2 (Lineker 6, 8) CIS 0.

Yeah pretty much sensible soccer international edition ;)

i always go for the custom teams though, i was Chinese Takeaway

I built my own database man, of Italian teams about 92/93 I was always Lazio of course cos of Gazza. The tune was mint nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu. The crowd chant always sounded like "whoooos the fat cunt, whoooooos the fat cunt". Was definitely a game well before its time MUCH better than Kick Off 2.

I am rubber you are glue

lol you've no chance we called that game "British Bulldogs" over here ;)

British Bulldog was mint, nee good if you were slow though, used to often end up in fights. What would yous call it? Irish Wolfhound?

I lost days and weeks playing Elite on the Spectrum.

I had Attic Attack on the Spectrun and is was amazing. Crap now beyond my comprehension then.

Relievo was canny good. I was mint at British Bulldogs as well. The not being caught bit anyway.

Was that a chase game? We played summat called Rally-Vo (fuck knows about the spelling but that was the pronunciation)...wondering if they're basically the same.

Relievo was canny good. I was mint at British Bulldogs as well. The not being caught bit anyway.

Was that a chase game? We played summat called Rally-Vo (fuck knows about the spelling but that was the pronunciation)...wondering if they're basically the same.

'Relievo' would make more sense like thinking about it because the one I'm on about was a game where you could free people who'd already been caught.

Basically a sort of team version of hide and seek. Called Ringolevio in Ireland and the US apparently (only found that out because it's the name of a cult book).

Basically a sort of team version of hide and seek. Called Ringolevio in Ireland and the US apparently (only found that out because it's the name of a cult book).

Aye, team hide and seek is right. Only it involved chasing and tagging and you could free people who'd already been caught.

Aye, team hide and seek is right. Only it involved chasing and tagging and you could free people who'd already been caught.

Yep, that's the fella. You could release people, hence the 'relievo' name.

Tuggy on High was another one. Forgot all about that ;)

I am rubber you are glue

lol you've no chance we called that game "British Bulldogs" over here :)

British Bulldog was mint, nee good if you were slow though, used to often end up in fights. What would yous call it? Irish Wolfhound?

lol aye, irish wolfhounds or just "bulldogs", near enough every game ended up with me and another lad Michael vs half the playground, i've always been quick and was a bit bigger than most at that age when we would've played, so i'd end trailing some poor bugger who managed to grab hold of my jumper ;)

You're taking the piss?