Fixtures of Death

wykikitoon

When the fixtures first came out I was dreading seeing the table after the 3rd of December.

After our start I am however feeling a little optimistic. I hope we can keep our players fit and Saylor comes back sooner rather than later.

I think we will be no lower than 8th after the fixtures of death if we can keep our players fit.

Thoughts

To be honest, I think we can get something against Chelsea and Manure!

Last season we managed to get something out of both of them. Ok Manure at OT is a bit of a crap one.

It was the shit teams we done shit against!

I think the only team to be truly wary of is Man City in terms of getting turned over.

We seem to do alright against Chelsea for the most part and it'll be interesting to see how ManUre respond to their derby thrashing with their league form. I think nabbing 2 points from those three games would be a very respectable achievement.

Stoke 1

Blue Dippers 3 (definitely)

Man City 0

Man Utd 0

Chelsea 1

Worst case scenario these, so that would still be us on 14 6 6 2 24pts. We'd still be on 6th place, can't see Liverpool getting more than 11 points between nuw n then.

4 or 5 points coming in the next 5 games IMO. Anything more than that is a massive bonus.

That would be nice.

Stoke is never an easy game then Blue Dippers who IMO will also be a tough test. Then the toughies. If we dont turn up v City it could be double figures!

I'm going to both Man City and Man Utd away.

Our record when I'm there away from home is absolutely fucking terrible. So we're definitely going to get battered in them both.

there's always one team that starts well then sinks like a stone. i'm hoping we're not that side this year. we've got enough points on the board, enough quality in the first team and the team spirit needed to be optimistic. the lack of depth in the squad means we still shouldn't assume we won't do a hull. injuries to coloccini and tiote and we're a very different looking side all of a sudden.

Man City have so far won 2 games by a 2 goal margin, 3 a 3 goal margin, 3 by a 4 goal margin & 1 by a 5 goal margin. They've drawn once & lost to nobody, scoring 21 more goals than us yet only conceding one more.

Everybody is getting smashed off city and I would be amazed if we could do any differently!

there's always one team that starts well then sinks like a stone. i'm hoping we're not that side this year. we've got enough points on the board, enough quality in the first team and the team spirit needed to be optimistic. the lack of depth in the squad means we still shouldn't assume we won't do a hull. injuries to coloccini and tiote and we're a very different looking side all of a sudden.

We're better in terms of quality than Hull and Blackpool who enjoyed this sort of excellent start. A better first team squad than both too.

It's only our lack of real depth that could be our downfall. Sincerely hope that's addressed in Jan.

A better question is 'is there anything to suggest we will sink like a stone?'

Making a vague reference to a team that always does is the laziest type of thinking, it says there is a pattern or theme that always holds true and we may fit that pattern for no other reason than it exists.

Try articulating the reasons it might happen.