Llambias - "we will need replacements in the summer"

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes, isn't signing younger players on long term deals looking to the future?? Rather than chucking big bucks and 5 yr deals at 29/30 year olds??

Yeah if big money comes in then we may have to sell but that would go for 90% of clubs, its about replacements if they do get sold.

who has "only" chucked "big bucks" at 29/30 year olds ?

The entire problem with a stupid post like that is you are insinuating the old regime never signed young players on long contracts and looked to the future ? If you like, I can supply you with a list that shows the majority of players signed were actually young players with their best years ahead of them, which resulted in regular european football because we kept them and allowed the managers to decide who they did and didn't want to keep. If you want a list to prove it and prove you are spouting rubbish, I warn you that it is a very large list. You shouldn't claim such things unless you can back it up with the facts and the truth.

I was chatting to someone a few days ago who was harping on about "chucking big money away on trophy signings" ie the usual crap. I said "who are you talking about then". He said "Michael Owen". So one player - one player - in 15 years epitomised the spending policy of the whole club :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Sadly, this appears to be the mentality of a lot of so called "knowledgeable supporters" who disregard completely the Champions League, european qualifications, growth of the club, expansion of the stadium, revenues of 14th biggest club in world football, breaking the world transfer record for a player who paid back every penny, for ONE player ? Haha, you really couldn't make this up.

As you talk about "90% of all other clubs", unfortunately if you bracket NUFC as one of those "90% of other clubs" ie also rans, it only proves your small time mentality and lack of appreciation of the size of the club. Newcastle United are one of the 10%, not the 90% you are harping on about.

Edited by LeazesMag

Ignore him then. Not difficult.

ignore me at your own peril, and continue to think the club is an ambitious one through reading bollocks posted by others.

Stick with me,and you will learn much more, and be correct in how you see the future.

Fuck sake, Leazes is single-handedly taking down this forum :lol:

The old man is steamrolling the messageboard, destroyer of threads.

I am speaking the truth, I don't know why or how others can't see what to me is blatantly obvious.

Is "the truth" NUFC supporters not seeing what most other supporters can see ? In that case, it certainly isn't me who is "taking down this forum". In my view it is people who are doing nothing other than talking about finance and have a fools view of Mike Ashley who are "taking down the forum".

Edited by LeazesMag

You're right Leazes, its nothing to do with 'trophy signings'

of course not, its all about selling your best players to the teams attempting to win trophies, and not replace them and backing their managers, you should tell Alex Ferguson he should be buying players like James Perch and Leon Best instead of Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

He should have been following the Mike Ashley blueprint for the last 25 years or so, and might not have wasted so much money. As indeed, the Keegan/Dalglish/Gullitt/Robson years were a waste of time too, we should have tried to balance the books for all those years, just like the mackems did for instance, and celebrated relegations and promotions to/from the 2nd division instead of reaching FA Cup Finals, and failing to qualify for the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Edited by LeazesMag

You're right Leazes, its nothing to do with 'trophy signings' (which is a ridiculous phrase anyway), its about not wasting big money, you don't have, on shite.

Tidied just a smidge

Blindly, backing the manager, is all well and good it's just a shame we never found a manager to back (with his young players for the future) who wasn't sacked before the future even appeared on the horizon.

Borrow,Back'n'Sack (usually in September)

You're right Leazes, its nothing to do with 'trophy signings' (which is a ridiculous phrase anyway), its about not wasting big money, you don't have, on shite.

Tidied just a smidge

Blindly, backing the manager, is all well and good it's just a shame we never found a manager to back (with his young players for the future) who wasn't sacked before the future even appeared on the horizon.

Borrow,Back'n'Sack (usually in September)

aye, qualifying for europe more than everybody bar 4 clubs in 15 years, building the club into one of the biggest in europe with one of the best grounds in europe from a starting point of a cow shed staring at bankruptcy and 3rd division football with sub-20,000 crowds, was all down to appointing shit managers :icon_lol: and blindly backing them.

Fucking priceless.

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes, isn't signing younger players on long term deals looking to the future?? Rather than chucking big bucks and 5 yr deals at 29/30 year olds??

Yeah if big money comes in then we may have to sell but that would go for 90% of clubs, its about replacements if they do get sold.

The entire problem with a stupid post like that is you are insinuating the old regime never signed young players on long contracts and looked to the future ? If you like, I can supply you with a list that shows the majority of players signed were actually young players with their best years ahead of them, which resulted in regular european football because we kept them and allowed the managers to decide who they did and didn't want to keep. If you want a list to prove it and prove you are spouting rubbish, I warn you that it is a very large list. You shouldn't claim such things unless you can back it up with the facts and the truth.

I was chatting to someone a few days ago who was harping on about "chucking big money away on trophy signings" ie the usual crap. I said "who are you talking about then". He said "Michael Owen". So one player - one player - in 15 years epitomised the spending policy of the whole club :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Sadly, this appears to be the mentality of a lot of so called "knowledgeable supporters" who disregard completely the Champions League, european qualifications, growth of the club, expansion of the stadium, revenues of 14th biggest club in world football, breaking the world transfer record for a player who paid back every penny, for ONE player ? Haha, you really couldn't make this up.

As you talk about "90% of all other clubs", unfortunately if you bracket NUFC as one of those "90% of other clubs" ie also rans, it only proves your small time mentality and lack of appreciation of the size of the club. Newcastle United are one of the 10%, not the 90% you are harping on about.

Steady on there, I never mentioned "only chucking big bucks at anyone", It was more about the Nolan/Barton situation. I appreciate we had some class players under the previous owners and they deserve the credit for that along with the success we had at the time

As for the 90% thing, I dont have a small time mentality but I am a realist and until we have the financial clout of City or the pull of Barca/Madrid/Man U etc then players will always see these as a step up. IF we were selling Cabaye/Tiote/Collo to teams like Spurs/Villa/Stoke etc then I would be pissed off, cant see that happening tho`

Not sure why you brought the Owen thing up as I didnt mention anything to do with that. There is a list as long as my arm of shit players on big money signed by both sets of owners, the key thing is minimising the risk of ending up with players like this. You agree with that??

I think Ba has replaced Carroll like - I reckon Ba is a better all round player. On the field, with no money or politics involved.

Spot on, Its not about the £££`s its about the player and what they can do.

Cabaye replaced Nolan and no doubt is a better player than Nolan

Obertan replaced Barton, not a better player but offers pace which Barton didnt have and pace is important to how we play now

Santon-Enrique yet to be proven either way

Different sort of player like but Ba probably is a better all round player. Shame we didn't have both of them like as they could definitely play together imo.

of course not, its all about selling your best players to the teams attempting to win trophies, and not replace them and backing their managers, you should tell Alex Ferguson he should be buying players like James Perch and Leon Best instead of Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

He should have been following the Mike Ashley blueprint for the last 25 years or so, and might not have wasted so much money. As indeed, the Keegan/Dalglish/Gullitt/Robson years were a waste of time too, we should have tried to balance the books for all those years, just like the mackems did for instance, and celebrated relegations and promotions to/from the 2nd division instead of reaching FA Cup Finals, and failing to qualify for the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Always on the defensive then spouting shite like that about Ferguson, we signed Perch/Best in the championship. Perch is never getting a premier league start and Best has done OK. How about BA, Tiote and Cabaye?? we dont only sign shite players although you never refer to these in your posts unless you say they will be sold.

Are you saying we should compete with Man U for players??

Steady on there, I never mentioned "only chucking big bucks at anyone", It was more about the Nolan/Barton situation. I appreciate we had some class players under the previous owners and they deserve the credit for that along with the success we had at the time

As for the 90% thing, I dont have a small time mentality but I am a realist and until we have the financial clout of City or the pull of Barca/Madrid/Man U etc then players will always see these as a step up. IF we were selling Cabaye/Tiote/Collo to teams like Spurs/Villa/Stoke etc then I would be pissed off, cant see that happening tho`

Not sure why you brought the Owen thing up as I didnt mention anything to do with that. There is a list as long as my arm of shit players on big money signed by both sets of owners, the key thing is minimising the risk of ending up with players like this. You agree with that??

" until we have the financial clout of City or the pull of Barca/Madrid/Man U etc then players will always see these as a step up." = if I've said this once I've said it a million times....you will NOT find a post from me ANYWHERE saying I expect Mike Ashley nor the ex owners to bankroll the club to such a degree. My point is the same as it has always been...there is NO excuse for Newcastle Unilted to sell or lose the best players and not back their managers with the cash and compete at the levels of clubs like Wigan, Villa, Stoke, Bolton etc, a selling club, but that is what they have become. We should be competing at the levels of LIVERPOOL and SPURS, not selling our best players to those clubs either. What is so difficult about this that what appears to be dozens of posters keep spouting the same old question, over and over again ?

As for "the Owen thing", who exactly are you talking about ? For me, Newcastle United signed quality footballers as much as was possible under the old regime, backed their managers as much as they could and FWIW we as supporters more than got our moneys worth under this policy in terms of the rise of the club, and where they left it as compared to where they found it.

What is difficult about this, for people ?

Always on the defensive then spouting shite like that about Ferguson, we signed Perch/Best in the championship. Perch is never getting a premier league start and Best has done OK. How about BA, Tiote and Cabaye?? we dont only sign shite players although you never refer to these in your posts unless you say they will be sold.

Are you saying we should compete with Man U for players??

fuck me sideways

Different sort of player like but Ba probably is a better all round player. Shame we didn't have both of them like as they could definitely play together imo.

precisely. People can make as many excuses as they like, and babble on about "prudency and value", but at the end of the day, we should be playing Carroll and Ba up front, and a progressive club aiming for genuine success on the pitch would have done exactly that.

Edited by LeazesMag

Liverpool and Spurs compete at wildly different financial levels btw, it's a footballing nonsense to equate the two. We've lost players to Liverpool, in the last year-who in the last year have competed at the financial levels of Man City.

"Excuses" :lol:

You're so one-sided, it's painful.

and correct. I realise you have an irrational hatred of a certain personality which affects your judgement, but that is your problem.

So let me get this straight, because we signed Perch and Best we are a selling club or something? Its got nothing to do with money spent, the only metric is the quality of the players brought in and the number of games won. Are you saying we have not brought quality players into the club? Are you saying they arent in the same league as players who played for us under the previous board? The results could take a tumble or they could continue, no ones quite sure for now.

Colocinni one of the best defenders we have ever had at this club. Tiote and Cabaye are without doubt the best central midfield this club has had for nigh on 15 years, arguably longer. Steven Taylor and Sammy Ameobi are homegrown talents that are beginning to actually blossom. Tim Krul has developed here into one of the best keepers in Europe. Demba Ba is a top class centre forward. Jonas has turned in some exceptional performances this season and has improved his game. Ben Arfa is one of the most naturally talented footballers ever to play for NUFC.

Its not about spending money, its about getting quality players to sign on the dotted line.

precisely. People can make as many excuses as they like, and babble on about "prudency and value", but at the end of the day, we should be playing Carroll and Ba up front, and a progressive club aiming for genuine success on the pitch would have done exactly that.

How would you have covered the £34m loss accumulated over the previous two seasons?

Liverpool and Spurs compete at wildly different financial levels btw, it's a footballing nonsense to equate the two. We've lost players to Liverpool, in the last year-who in the last year have competed at the financial levels of Man City.

we competed with Liverpool and were ahead of Spurs when Mike Ashley bought the club chum.

Do you deal in facts, or are you still just babbling on like a rock ape.