Llambias - "we will need replacements in the summer"

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answering the thread? :lol: go to bed old man :lol:

"the difference being, dummy, that the money is going into Mike Ashleys back pocket rather than giving it back to the manager and allowing him to try and keep who he wants and buy who he wants to build a good football team."

do you disagree ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Nope and never have, your point being?

You obviously won't have a point, I assume you constantly look for a new argument to take your mind off the fact you smell of piss.

omg. Is this the intelligence and discussion skills of the young these days :icon_lol:

Can't take their drink ie lemonade [i hesitate to say coke, he may think I mean something else]

Edited by LeazesMag

Stop making me think you're an porper oul lad Leazes, until i seen your d.o.b i honest to go throught you were like the lad from steptoe sitting at a computer, was impressed, then i realised you're only 57 !

why, thank you Ant !!!!

:king:

Not sure why people are worrying about it and banging on about how all the best players will be leaving. The reality is if a massive Carroll like offer comes in then yeah they will be. The other players who have gone, Jose in the last year of contract, Barton/Nolan wanted bumper contracts that the club wouldn't offer. All the players being mentioned have long contracts and IMO would take massive offers for them to go

This is pretty much stance.

Not many clubs would have turned down the Carroll money and Liverpool are probably regretting spending so much, especially when they see what they could have got (Kun) for less.

Nolan and Barton although very good for us weren't worth the contracts they were demanding. Enrique is a big loss and was worth a very big wage but he seems ambitious and Liverpool are a bigger club than we are.

I have little doubt Ashley has no qualms about selling players if the money is right but I don't think we will be selling players unless very good offers come in for them.

the difference being, dummy, that the money is going into Mike Ashleys back pocket rather than giving it back to the manager and allowing him to try and keep who he wants and buy who he wants to build a good football team.

No Dummy , the money going into Ashleys pocket argument can't be proven. Just because Pardew doesn't get ALL the money generated by transfers doesn't mean its not going into the club and covering operating costs does it??

They have said they want the club to be able to stand on its own two feet financially without Ashley dipping into his own cash so you shouldn't be surprised at the above. It's not what people want but its what we've got but even you have to accept on the field we are doing pretty good and have not missed any of the players you constantly moan about us selling

had to edit my post, don't know what happened when i typed that, dire mistakes.

p.s Saltwater don't be a moron and put something like that in a football thread again, half the forum is viewing this stuff from work.

Aye, it's gonna be a problem, him having that picture in his sig :)

Not sure why people are worrying about it and banging on about how all the best players will be leaving. The reality is if a massive Carroll like offer comes in then yeah they will be. The other players who have gone, Jose in the last year of contract, Barton/Nolan wanted bumper contracts that the club wouldn't offer. All the players being mentioned have long contracts and IMO would take massive offers for them to go

Not many clubs would have turned down the Carroll money and Liverpool are probably regretting spending so much, especially when they see what they could have got (Kun) for less.

Nolan and Barton although very good for us weren't worth the contracts they were demanding. Enrique is a big loss and was worth a very big wage but he seems ambitious and Liverpool are a bigger club than we are.

I have little doubt Ashley has no qualms about selling players if the money is right but I don't think we will be selling players unless very good offers come in for them.

the difference being, dummy, that the money is going into Mike Ashleys back pocket rather than giving it back to the manager and allowing him to try and keep who he wants and buy who he wants to build a good football team.

No Dummy , the money going into Ashleys pocket argument can't be proven. Just because Pardew doesn't get ALL the money generated by transfers doesn't mean its not going into the club and covering operating costs does it??

They have said they want the club to be able to stand on its own two feet financially without Ashley dipping into his own cash so you shouldn't be surprised at the above. It's not what people want but its what we've got but even you have to accept on the field we are doing pretty good and have not missed any of the players you constantly moan about us selling

rubbish. The supporters of a football club want to see a team winning on the pitch chum. You can console yourself down on the south coast, watching the team live on sky, wearing your scarf with the balance sheet on it if you like, but I'm afraid its not why people go to games.

The speculate to accumulate method is what brings football teams success on the pitch, this is a tried and trusted method that has produced all the consistent european qualifications for decades, and trophy winners for over a hundred years, rather than selling your best players and keeping the cash instead of allowing your manager to run his own football team.

If you know differently, you ought to have told Alex Ferguson years ago that he has been getting it all wrong.

The likes of you make me laugh, loudly.

Edit. I know what we "have got", dummy, its what I said years ago when he bought the club [and most people disagreed] and said anybody else would do better than the other lot, who saved the club from bankruptcy which was staring them in the face due to years of neglect, and apathy due to selling our best players and not backing managers and competing at the levels of 2nd and 3rd rate football clubs. Still, I'm sure you know best.

I've made plenty of posts saying that Pardew is doing very well despite having to do his job with his hands tied behind his back, I made a post on Newcastle Online about 5 years ago saying he was a good up and coming manager. This appointment is more luck than judgement, he will lose his job eventually for either becoming frustrated at the lack of ambition and voicing the frustration [and being poached by someone who acts bigger and backs their managers ie Stoke, Wigan etc, or he will be sacked for not qualifying for europe despite having his best players sold against his wishes and not given the money to replace them well enough.

This run will not last, it will not be sustained long term, and this is the reason why.

Time will prove me to be correct.

Why do I have to continue educating you and others like you like this, its basic common sense, it isn't rocket science, and the entire history of the game proves the formula is the one you need to be successful and thrive especially when you are one of the biggest clubs in the country with one of the best grounds in europe [courtesy of the ex owners who did it by following the standard methods ie keeping your best players and buying more quality players]

Edited by LeazesMag

rubbish. The supporters of a football club want to see a team winning on the pitch chum. You can console yourself down on the south coast, watching the team live on sky, wearing your scarf with the balance sheet on it if you like, but I'm afraid its not why people go to games.

The speculate to accumulate method is what brings football teams success on the pitch, this is a tried and trusted method that has produced all the consistent european qualifications for decades, and trophy winners for over a hundred years, rather than selling your best players and keeping the cash instead of allowing your manager to run his own football team.

If you know differently, you ought to have told Alex Ferguson years ago that he has been getting it all wrong.

Edit. I know what we "have got", dummy, its what I said years ago when he bought the club [and most people disagreed] and said anybody else would do better than the other lot, who saved the club from bankruptcy which was staring them in the face due to years of neglect, and apathy due to selling our best players and not backing managers and competing at the levels of 2nd and 3rd rate football clubs. Still, I'm sure you know best.

I've made plenty of posts saying that Pardew is doing very well despite having to do his job with his hands tied behind his back, I made a post on Newcastle Online about 5 years ago saying he was a good up and coming manager. This appointment is more luck than judgement, he will lose his job eventually for either becoming frustrated at the lack of ambition and voicing the frustration [and being poached by someone who acts bigger and backs their managers ie Stoke, Wigan etc, or he will be sacked for not qualifying for europe despite having his best players sold against his wishes and not given the money to replace them well enough.

This run will not last, it will not be sustained long term, and this is the reason why.

Why do I have to continue educating you and others like you like this, its basic common sense, it isn't rocket science, and the entire history of the game proves the formula is the one you need to be successful and thrive especially when you are one of the biggest clubs in the country with one of the best grounds in europe [courtesy of the ex owners who did it by following the standard methods ie keeping your best players and buying more quality players]

Why do you constantly repeat the same old stuff over and over again when nobody is arguing with the points you make about Ashleys approach as an owner?? Stop harping on about what happened years ago, when even towards the end of the Halls/Freddy era the wheels were starting to come off as the finances dried up. As for the club staring bankruptcy in the face when they bought it well it wasnt far from it when they sold it. You reckon, even under the old regime we would be competing with City,Chelsea, Man Utd?? As for your comparisons with stoke, £10m for Crouch? they are welcome to shite like that. Im happy with the players who have been brought in, its not about the money its about the quality and getting value. £85m for Carroll and Torres combined has delivered how many goals for their new cubs?

Every fan wants the club to compete at the top but sadly the reality is without a bottomless pit of cash or a very talented/lucky manager with a strong squad its going to prove very difficult. If Liverpool finish outside the top four then for all the investment they will have failed, an objective stated by their chairman or do you see it otherwise?

If we finish in the top 6 and off the back of the start we have had is quite possible would you see that as a success??

We cant do much about what goes on at the top but IF we continue to get results on the pitch then as a fan I`m happy with that until we get an owner who wants/has the cash to build a club to challenge the likes of City and United

Why do you constantly repeat the same old stuff over and over again when nobody is arguing with the points you make about Ashleys approach as an owner?? Stop harping on about what happened years ago, when even towards the end of the Halls/Freddy era the wheels were starting to come off as the finances dried up. As for the club staring bankruptcy in the face when they bought it well it wasnt far from it when they sold it. You reckon, even under the old regime we would be competing with City,Chelsea, Man Utd?? As for your comparisons with stoke, £10m for Crouch? they are welcome to shite like that. Im happy with the players who have been brought in, its not about the money its about the quality and getting value. £85m for Carroll and Torres combined has delivered how many goals for their new cubs?

Every fan wants the club to compete at the top but sadly the reality is without a bottomless pit of cash or a very talented/lucky manager with a strong squad its going to prove very difficult. If Liverpool finish outside the top four then for all the investment they will have failed, an objective stated by their chairman or do you see it otherwise?

If we finish in the top 6 and off the back of the start we have had is quite possible would you see that as a success??

We cant do much about what goes on at the top but IF we continue to get results on the pitch then as a fan I`m happy with that until we get an owner who wants/has the cash to build a club to challenge the likes of City and United

I repeat the "same old thing" for the benefit of people like you. The way to success is to set up your club to achieve it, I am not looking backwards, I am looking forwards, I am telling you how success is achieved. If YOU - and others - read and identify that as talking about the Halls and Shepherd, then it only proves my point that they knew how to set up the club so it aimed for long term success. If however, you fail to recognise this, then it is your own shortcomings and lack of footballing nous.

Newcastle United is NOT, now, set up to achieve long term success. If you really don't see this, despite my repeatedly trying to explain, then its your problem. Dummy.

The irony being of course that if the club had spent £40m on a replacement striker you'd be unable to argue that the club is not set up for long term success. The irony being that wouldn't have got us any higher in the league so far and would not have been a responsible long term use of club resources. Not spending beyond your means is exactly what you are saying it's not Leazes, it is setting the club up for long germ success. Maybe the issue is that we need to do better at increasing our means versus how other clubs have progressed in international markets etc. Liverpool and Arsenal got that through sustained success in the champions league in the early part of the last decade, Spurs and ahead of us just but we will claw all that back with EU qualification, Man U are who they are, City and Chelsea have owners who have invested between them the total paper wealth of Mike Ashley into their football clubs. Ignoring Villa as they are boring cunts anyway, we are acting like the 7th biggest club in the country in the labour market which is what we are financially. We are bigger than that because of our fanbase but then that seems to be currently reflected in the league table. Struggling to see where the ambition is mis-placed at the minute. Ashley makes lots of cuntish decisions but from a footballing perspective we are where we should be. The problem is where on the footballing side? We didn't over pay for a striker at the end of the summer, it doesn't matter as we are 3rd moving into mid November and it appears Maiga is coming at a better price in 6 weeks time, we have the best defence in the league (until we get torn apart by someone). How could this season have gone better tbh? The only other incorrect football decision in the last 12 months has been Enrique imo.

The irony being of course that if the club had spent £40m on a replacement striker you'd be unable to argue that the club is not set up for long term success. The irony being that wouldn't have got us any higher in the league so far and would not have been a responsible long term use of club resources. Not spending beyond your means is exactly what you are saying it's not Leazes, it is setting the club up for long germ success. Maybe the issue is that we need to do better at increasing our means versus how other clubs have progressed in international markets etc. Liverpool and Arsenal got that through sustained success in the champions league in the early part of the last decade, Spurs and ahead of us just but we will claw all that back with EU qualification, Man U are who they are, City and Chelsea have owners who have invested between them the total paper wealth of Mike Ashley into their football clubs. Ignoring Villa as they are boring cunts anyway, we are acting like the 7th biggest club in the country in the labour market which is what we are financially. We are bigger than that because of our fanbase but then that seems to be currently reflected in the league table. Struggling to see where the ambition is mis-placed at the minute. Ashley makes lots of cuntish decisions but from a footballing perspective we are where we should be. The problem is where on the footballing side? We didn't over pay for a striker at the end of the summer, it doesn't matter as we are 3rd moving into mid November and it appears Maiga is coming at a better price in 6 weeks time, we have the best defence in the league (until we get torn apart by someone). How could this season have gone better tbh? The only other incorrect football decision in the last 12 months has been Enrique imo.

I don't agree.

Sorry.

I think the owner has a blinkered view, to repeat myself again [for the likes of Toonpack, Gejon and jaysouthernmag to name 3] I think the only impression the recent run will make on Mike Ashley is that it will convince him more than ever that he is on the right lines. Along with a few other impressionable people.....he will genuinely think you can be successful in football while selling your best players and find adequate or top class replacements in the bargain bin and it will strengthen him thinking he can cash in on Colocinni, Tiote, Krul, Demba Ba and Cabaye in the longer as well as the shorter term and continue to come out of it with a good team.

It won't happen. It won't work.

Edit. There is a lot more I could say, and a lot more I've said. All he wants for the club is publicity and an outlet for Sports Direct, when it stops working, he will lower sights further and operate in a lower budget again, driving down wages, making more cuts, until it makes its "profit"......why should he go for a profit by owning a club playing in europe etc when he can do it by selling a decent player once a year or so instead....it doesn't take a genius to work out the impact on the playing side of the football team when the bargain bin signings stop producing the goods......and when I say "goods" I mean premiership survival because this is all he wants, to do well or even quite well on a short term basis is just a bonus for him.

Edited by LeazesMag

Best defence in the league... I hear people saying that time and again and statistics back it up nicely...however... the teams we have played have squandered so many chances its beyond my comprehension how we have not conceded more... combination on Krul being unplayable, oppositions strikers being worthless and a fair bit of luck have seen us where we are today..

We have given it our all, but honestly - we have been outplayed more than once...

Leazes, would giving Barton/Nolan 5 yr deals, not selling Carol for stupid money have been gearing up for success or I may argue bringing in BA for a signing on fee,Capturing a current France international, not to mention class footballer,in Cabaye, Italy u21 international in Santon add to that Marvaux and Orbatan I don't think we came out of the last window too badly.

I don't agree.

Sorry.

I think the owner has a blinkered view, to repeat myself again [for the likes of Toonpack, Gejon and jaysouthernmag to name 3] I think the only impression the recent run will make on Mike Ashley is that it will convince him more than ever that he is on the right lines. Along with a few other impressionable people.....he will genuinely think you can be successful in football while selling your best players and find adequate or top class replacements in the bargain bin and it will strengthen him thinking he can cash in on Colocinni, Tiote, Krul, Demba Ba and Cabaye in the longer as well as the shorter term and continue to come out of it with a good team.

Edit. There is a lot more I could say, and a lot more I've said. All he wants for the club is publicity and an outlet for Sports Direct, when it stops working, he will lower sights further and operate in a lower budget again, driving down wages, making more cuts, until it makes its "profit"......why should he go for a profit by owning a club playing in europe etc when he can do it by selling a decent player once a year or so instead....it doesn't take a genius to work out the impact on the playing side of the football team when the bargain bin signings stop producing the goods......and when I say "goods" I mean premiership survival because this is all he wants, to do well or even quite well on a short term basis is just a bonus for him.

Get over me would you ffs? :lol:

I don't agree.

Sorry.

He never gets over anything man as proven by his "I told you four year ago......." posts

You wanna prepare your anus, cos your in it for the long haul.

The only thing that doesn't stack up is that SD as a brand would get more air time and have a better standing the better the football club is was associated to was doing. If we got in to Europe, that would give him a potential platform for exposure in other countries. Seems to make sense. Sadly that's the next problem, the club doesn't often make sense the days....

Leazes, would giving Barton/Nolan 5 yr deals, not selling Carol for stupid money have been gearing up for success or I may argue bringing in BA for a signing on fee,Capturing a current France international, not to mention class footballer,in Cabaye, Italy u21 international in Santon add to that Marvaux and Orbatan I don't think we came out of the last window too badly.

I'm talking about the long term and the policy, dimwit. See Gejon etc saying "how many times do you have to say this", well, he should be reading this post and he would get his answer. But he's a dimwit too.

I don't agree.

Sorry.

the irony, is lost on you :icon_lol:

http://www.toontasti...869#entry998869

Tell you what, shitforbrains, why don't you give us your views on post number 43 ?

As you seem to think you have knowledge of the club etc ?

Or do you still have your head up your arse, like your chums elsewhere who spent years telling us how "anybody would do better than this" and you stupidly believed them [through not being a real knowledgeable supporter of the club and therefore knowing fuck all about it] ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes, isn't signing younger players on long term deals looking to the future?? Rather than chucking big bucks and 5 yr deals at 29/30 year olds??

Yeah if big money comes in then we may have to sell but that would go for 90% of clubs, its about replacements if they do get sold.