Why are Asians so shite at football?

McFaul

I'd like to make one thing clear at this juncture. I'm a New Zealander. Birth Certificate can be supplied for proof if required.

Same thing though really, even the flags the same.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main problem with Australia going to Asia is that they aren't fucking Asian. Why don't England just swagger along to CONCACAF, beat Costa Rica and have an easy ride? I can understand Israel being in Europe and Russia etc, but Australia in Asia? Why? Is there any reason other than easy qualification that means it's in there. It's only far if New Zealand and Tonga and everyone join Asia too and they combine the two confederations otherwise it's a total disgrace.

Because the USA and Mexico would also be in the way which therefore wouldn't guarantee England the safe passage that you envisage here.

But it does beg the question; are the current borders separating the confederations sufficient? Is Uzbekistan who are a former Soviet satellite state really Asian? Is Oceania a worthy confederation or should they be integrated into the rest of Asia like Australia has done? We can't have islander nations fighting over scraps, surely? American Samoa vs. Cook Island doesn't have any appeal does it?

Australia are there to improve their own standards in football against technically superior teams and conversely we are there to improve the standards in Asian football. We provide a team who like to get physical with the opposition and it helps in the opponent's overall development that they are forced to find tactics to overcome this. And vice versa.

To have competition domestically and internationally which didn't happen in Oceania has been the main attraction and will be most beneficial. But apart from that Australia's largest trading partners are all Asian, we look towards there and it is this region which keeps us afloat despite weak government. The links are stronger than you think. We are a part of the Pacific so I consider Australia a part of Asia.

I think because Asian, CONCACAF and Oceanic football is so desperate, they should all be grouped in together. So perhaps 20 European teams, 5 South American, 5 African and four from Asia, Oceania and CONCACAF, then you wouldn't get the likes of Australia, New Zealand, Saudi, North Korea, Iran, Costa Rica and Jamaica making a mockery of it. There's too many shit countries in the World Cup, which is why the European Championships are always of a better quality.

17.5 - Europe

8 - Comnebol & CONCACAF

4.5 - Africa

1 (automatic) - Asia/Oceania.

*Comnebol absorbs CONCACAF, forming a so-called Super Confederation. The usual & weaker CONCACAF participants (ie. Costa Rica & Jamaica) should be picked off by the Sth American opposition. Culturally, from a football standpoint - both in terms of 'style of play' & being a proper football country, Mexico are an obvious fit. United States' progression would suggest that they're be good enough to qualify via the lower ranked slots.

*2nd and 3rd placed Asia/Pacific sides play-off against Africa & Europe for the final 2 spots.

*The potential to have 26 of the 32 field, from a combination of Europe & Sth America, offers a fairer representation of football's power & talent-base. The maximum 3 slots for Asia is reflective of their status as football 'Johnny Come Latelys' and their on-field relevance, and takes away the current free ride given to the combined foursome of Japan, Sth Korea, Australia & Saudi Arabia.

Edited by Year Zero

Ken, if you hate English football so much, fuck off and stop watching our domestic league. I'm sure Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne Heart will be shown on tv somewhere, interesting! 5/6 European teams would mean more from Asia... who haven't had a single team in the World Cup Final! Oh and you're right the Asian tv deals are important... and how come Asians want to watch European leagues and not their own? Because they like good football! Even Asians would cringe having a group match of Thailand vs Malaysia, because the World Cup embodies good football, everyone around the world wants to watch the best football, hence why you watch the Premier League, Asia will watch the Euro's in the summer and noone from outside Asia watches the Asian Cup.

I don't. I love the Premier League, man. I watch every Newcastle game, every week, without fail. I was born there, man. But I watch a fuckin' shit load of football, everywhere, because I have access to it!

Look, if you think Euro teams do well away from their own continent, then good for you, fairy floss. In reality, they don't.

The only domestic league that I know who are changing their ways, and changing their kick-off times is Spain. Why? Because the Asian market is number one.

As for the Euro's... noone cares man. I'm sorry to say that to you. But hey, I'll be watching!

No one cares??!?!!? It's the third most watched sporting event on earth and only marginally third behind the Olympics. The Spanish are moving fuck all, they had a few midnight kick offs because of league politics about the date, fuck all to do with the fact Suk Yoo Off in Peking wants to watch it at a good time for him. No-one cares about Europe and the Euro's :lol: Europe without any doubt is the epicentre and most important continent on earth, two if Asia and Australia didn't exist, who would notice? Who that counts would notice?

As for Euro teams doing well away from their continent, the final of the last World Cup wasn't in Europe and it was contested between two European teams. In fact of the last 6 World Cups outside Europe there are 24 slots to come 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th and 15 of them have been filled by European countries. This is outside of Europe, it's 21 of 24 in Europe. Get to bed in disgrace you bum. Europe runs life and runs world football, it will never ever change.

You silly cunt. No one cares about the Euro's in Australia was my point, apart from a few Greeks who blocked roads when they won it. I would've driven straight over the stupid cunts if given the opportunity. Fuckin' yassu, yassu, yassu!

The Spanish league are contemplating changing kick-off times for their bigger matches, man. I don't give a fuck what you say to suggest otherwise, but they'll be doing it for the Chinese market, like it or not.

You keep talking up England though, mate. England is still part of Europe, though they don't want to bail out the Greeks. :lol:

Australia is an insignificant colony though. You might as well have said no one cares about Euro's in the Solomon Islands. You mention the Spanish league moving kick off times for the Asians....link. Also we English don't move football for anyone outside of this country, other countries move times for us though.

http://www.soccerex....w-la-liga-deal/

The English don't do it, eh?

You deluded cunt!

This game a few weeks back was played at an unprecedented time for Spanish football. A sign of things to come aimed at the Asian market;

http://au.soccerway....sasuna/1140752/

No we don't do it you total mug. We've had 12pm 1245pm kick offs for 25 years you idiot. The earliest kick off NUFC have ever had is 12 noon and that's purely cos of the OB for the mackems, and the latest kick off in English football history is 8pm. We don't move for anyone, and that 11am Real Madrid game is standard in Spain, most of the Segunda Division games kick off at 11am always have done, it's not like they're kicking off at 730am.

PS I would stake my life on the fact you look like Rick Moranis.

You will because money talks. Money means everything to the FA. And Secunda Division games primarily have a 5:00pm kick off time. Don't know where you got 11:00am from. Look, I predict that every "el classico" beginning from the 2012-13 season will have a kick-off time before midday, moving away from their traditional after-siesta timeslot.

And no , I don't look like Rick Moranis. That's more Parky tbh, or at least in my head that's what he looks like. :lol:

Rik Waller then, one of the two.

The fact is you're talking pish. No English kick off time will be altered to satisfy the needs of another country. In footballing terms given our history, the clubs, their global appeal, English football is and always will be the most important in the world, no one will ever be able to compete with its' history, its' culture, its' structure, I mean ffs the second tier of English football has more people going through the turnstiles than Serie A, or it's very close. People move for us, not the other way round, and I also guarantee no el classico will be moved, I can't stress how unimportant Asia and Australia are in the footballing world. Together it's like a tiny parasite on a massive cock compared to English and European football. You exist but no-one cares, can't put it any more bluntly than that.

:lol: Fuckin' hell, I forgot about this thread - I had wondered what I had done after I got back from the work-do on Friday night. Reading through this shower of shite the last couple of pages I know the correct decision was made not to kick on in Circular Quay afterwards - borderline inebriation. Regarding the el classico though, I predict they'll move the kick-off time earlier to suit the Chinese market within five years - the middle income earning bracket in that country is expanding exponentially and they're willing to spend, and whether you like it or not money talks. I hope they do so it isn't at an absurd time for me to watch it live if nothing else. The Premier League is already on at a decent time as it is, particularly the Saturday midday game, but all afternoon games in general are. Asia is the future my friend.

Edited by Ken