Why are Asians so shite at football?

McFaul

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the perspective of earnings potential, one would think (and this relates more to the Japs) baseball offers a more lucrative career pathway. The Jap Baseball League is huge, pays well, and it's a feeder system/league for the American Major League. At a talent base level (ie. grassroots level) they're probably not that far behind their US and Cuban counterparts too - they can knock them off on any given day.

BTW China winning the Women's WC was a sad day for World Football. Blindly buying merchandise, as the proverbial 'Johnny Come Lately' European Football Supporter, is a more fitting place for this lot.

The last thing you would wish on anybody was to be a POW of the Jap Military, in WW2. As a race (Chinese & Japs especially) they're ingnorantly indifferent to suffering, in regards to human & animal suffering. Watching their physically inadequate national teams being beaten-up by more imposing outfits (at the major tourneys) is like catching a lone ray of sunshine on a cloudy day

When did China ever win the WC you silly nugget? :lol:

And the last time I was over there in Japan (2007) just about every domesticated animal I saw looked to be happy enough, well at least they didn't seem like they were suffering. And there's plenty more respect going around there than in the west, having witnessed it myself.

And physically inadequate? Maybe if the sport were rugby, there would be little argument about that, but not football. The few examples like Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Alves and Messi are all testament to that.

Are your other 500 odd posts as stupid as this one man? Fuck me, by failing to get your steriotypes right you've failed even before you started. Why did you even bother? :lol:

Year Zero makes a few good points imo.

Anyway your bet Japan v England in Tokyo? Are you taking the piss? I'd almost feel like I was taking a bit of a liberty to be honest.

From the perspective of earnings potential, one would think (and this relates more to the Japs) baseball offers a more lucrative career pathway. The Jap Baseball League is huge, pays well, and it's a feeder system/league for the American Major League. At a talent base level (ie. grassroots level) they're probably not that far behind their US and Cuban counterparts too - they can knock them off on any given day.

BTW China winning the Women's WC was a sad day for World Football. Blindly buying merchandise, as the proverbial 'Johnny Come Lately' European Football Supporter, is a more fitting place for this lot.

The last thing you would wish on anybody was to be a POW of the Jap Military, in WW2. As a race (Chinese & Japs especially) they're ingnorantly indifferent to suffering, in regards to human & animal suffering. Watching their physically inadequate national teams being beaten-up by more imposing outfits (at the major tourneys) is like catching a lone ray of sunshine on a cloudy day

And the last time I was over there in Japan (2007) just about every domesticated animal I saw looked to be happy enough, well at least they didn't seem like they were suffering. And there's plenty more respect going around there than in the west, having witnessed it myself.

And physically inadequate? Maybe if the sport were rugby, there would be little argument about that, but not football. The few examples like Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Alves and Messi are all testament to that.

Are your other 500 odd posts as stupid as this one man? Fuck me, by failing to get your steriotypes right you've failed even before you started. Why did you even bother? :lol:

Anyway your bet Japan v England in Tokyo? Are you taking the piss? I'd almost feel like I was taking a bit of a liberty to be honest.

didn't japan have a better record at the last WC?

didn't japan have a better record at the last WC?

How did they have a better record at the last WC? We went out at the same stage, us off the second best team in the world, them off erm Paraguay. I'd be tempted to give him a handicap of -1. Japan :lol: they're like little nintendo figures on the screen.

They got a higher ranking in that tournament although that should tell you all you need to know about Fifa's ranking system. We were shite but we lost to Germany. They went out to Paraguay ffs.

japan 2W 1D 1L GF 4 GA 2

england 1W 2D 1L GF 3 GA 5

so yeah you went out at the same point, but they still had a better record they finished 9th, you finished 13th.

fair point that you got put out by a better team but they weere better statistically, did you see england play in that tourney? they were fucking horrible, or maybe i imagined it.

They got a higher ranking in that tournament although that should tell you all you need to know about Fifa's ranking system. We were shite but we lost to Germany. They went out to Paraguay ffs.

well they had more points, no? you still get 3 points for a win..etc etc.

Using those rankings you could argue New Zealand are better than France...

Not defending England at all at the tournament but tbh, they went out at the same stage = (to me) the same record. The only time that doesn't apply is the semi-final stage, because you then have a third place play-off (ridiculous game like but that's another matter). Fifa's criteria takes into account quality of opposition played etc. and is, therefore, subjective. Not that arsed either way tbh, I doubt Japan were bothered they were ranked 9th either given they had an excellent opportunity to get to the quarters.

They lost a group game, we didn't, points are irrelevant in this comparison. Only a yank would rely on a stat like that.

in that tourney....yes

in that tourney....yes

Aye, they were as well to be fair to them :lol:

They lost a group game, we didn't, points are irrelevant in this comparison. Only a yank would rely on a stat like that.

:jerkit: .....check your facts stevie, same amount of games they won two group games and drew one....england won one and drew two.....whatever, agree with alex's post they would have been seeing a better opportunity to go through where as everyone including the england XI knew germany was going to drub you.

And since everyone forgot, just before that WC England played Japan in a friendly in a neutral stadium in Austria. The English Media were pissed off that their 2-1 win was unconvincing :lol:

It was desperately unconvincing. We should've scored a lot more on the night but we were still shite.

in that tourney....yes

But that doesn't make them a better team! It'd be like saying we're a better team than Chelsea, they don't play enough games in a WC to use it as a complete barometer of how good a nation is, save for the later rounds.

And since everyone forgot, just before that WC England played Japan in a friendly in a neutral stadium in Austria. The English Media were pissed off that their 2-1 win was unconvincing :lol:

It was desperately unconvincing. We should've scored a lot more on the night but we were still shite.

And still beat Japan 2-1, if Japan would've won 2-1 they'd have gone insane.

:jerkit: .....check your facts stevie, same amount of games they won two group games and drew one....england won one and drew two.....whatever, agree with alex's post they would have been seeing a better opportunity to go through where as everyone including the england XI knew germany was going to drub you.

Seriously you look like a nob to any normal English person, or any person from a football country. They didn't do better than England in the world cup.

How did everyone know Germany were going to drub us? We should've been 2-2 at half time for starters and their only attacks in the second half were counters as we went looking for an equaliser we legitimately should've had. Such a nob. Stick to getting beat off rogue Asian states with them using only spears and cross bows you thick cunt.

yeah, it was a goal. still doesn't change the fact that they outplayed you though. don't get me wrong i don't understand why england implode at major competitions ( that comment about germany was just a windup for stevie anyway, call it retribution for the perenial 'yank' comments ;) )

Seriously you look like a nob to any normal English person, or any person from a football country. They didn't do better than England in the world cup.

How did everyone know Germany were going to drub us? We should've been 2-2 at half time for starters and their only attacks in the second half were counters as we went looking for an equaliser we legitimately should've had. Such a nob. Stick to getting beat off rogue Asian states with them using only spears and cross bows you thick cunt.

haha......typical stevie, because they always drub you. i don't even know what the bit in bold is about.....surely fifa wouldn't allow spears and cross bows on the pitch.