Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

What a sad, sad man. People understand your viewpoint to an extent where they can actively predict your reply. So why repeat it? Most think the club is better off spending it's modest resources in a financial savvy manner, you and a couple others think it should take more risks/gamble. Fair enough, why the need to 'educate'?. Bit hypocritical criticising a man who is hundreds of millions ball deep in the club for not gambling in the same fashion as someone who's initial investment was a relative pittance though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

We could have spent £25M on Glen Johnson. Doesn't mean we'd be better off though. We did that in the past and ended up with such cunts as Owen, Luque and Boumsong.

Oh, and the £25 is in Ashleys bank account. We all know that, and the club will never see that money again.

TBF Leazes has never had a bad word for Cisse or Ba, and hasn't said he'd prefer Carroll over either of them.

What he's consistently said, and where I agree with him, as a supporter of a team I want to succeed rather than an observer of accounts I want to see balanced, is that we've only spent £10m of the £35m we received. If we're in 6th on the back of that, imagine what we could have done if we'd used the other £25m to bring in a better centre back than Williamson, or a better right back than Simpson.

Rather than conceding 14 goals in our last 6 games against the likes of Brighton, Blackburn, Wolves, Fulham, Villa and (more understandably) Spurs, we could still be in the FA cup and 4 or 5 points better off, up in 4th place.

Whilst I agree with you to an extent, spending the remaining money would not have guaranteed us being any better than we are. We've had fingers burned in the past wasting money on crap.

If the right player does not come available, the money is better off in the bank. And the sale of Carroll has proved to be absolutely the correct thing to do.

the "right player". Do you mean, as in hindsight ?

Oh, and the £25 is in Ashleys bank account. We all know that, and the club will never see that money again.

bingo.

A good deal for the club is what people appear to be saying ...........

Edited by LeazesMag

What a sad, sad man. People understand your viewpoint to an extent where they can actively predict your reply. So why repeat it? Most think the club is better off spending it's modest resources in a financial savvy manner, you and a couple others think it should take more risks/gamble. Fair enough, why the need to 'educate'?. Bit hypocritical criticising a man who is hundreds of millions ball deep in the club for not gambling in the same fashion as someone who's initial investment was a relative pittance though.

"modest resources". 14th in the world rich list [courtesy of you know who]. Fuck me. :icon_lol:

Are you also, like Craig, applying hindsight to these purchases in a "financially savvy manner", would the 5th highest average league position and regular Champions League and European football be the result of purchases made in a "financially savvy manner" ? Or are such results down to [Craig] "wasting money on crap" [/Craig] ?

You're clueless mate, absolutely clueless.

Maybe I should call time on trying to educate you too, like JSM ?

By the way, I can also predict your responses and posts quite accurately, as accurately as Mike Ashleys intentions for the club over the past 4-5 years, as it happens.

Edited by LeazesMag

We could have spent £25M on Glen Johnson. Doesn't mean we'd be better off though. We did that in the past and ended up with such cunts as Owen, Luque and Boumsong.

I think we'd be better off with Johnson at right back than Simpson like. Not that he'd sign for us, even for £25m.

You'd rather stick with championship level players than run the risk of signing any cunts? Those cunts were all here when we were playing in Europe btw.

I'm stating the obvious but the key thing is to spend within our means and fully use what we have at our disposal, the next set of financial results unfortunately won't tell us too much.

Edited by ewerk

TBF Leazes has never had a bad word for Cisse or Ba, and hasn't said he'd prefer Carroll over either of them.

What he's consistently said, and where I agree with him, as a supporter of a team I want to succeed rather than an observer of accounts I want to see balanced, is that we've only spent £10m of the £35m we received. If we're in 6th on the back of that, imagine what we could have done if we'd used the other £25m to bring in a better centre back than Williamson, or a better right back than Simpson.

Rather than conceding 14 goals in our last 6 games against the likes of Brighton, Blackburn, Wolves, Fulham, Villa and (more understandably) Spurs, we could still be in the FA cup and 4 or 5 points better off, up in 4th place.

Whilst I agree with you to an extent, spending the remaining money would not have guaranteed us being any better than we are. We've had fingers burned in the past wasting money on crap.

If the right player does not come available, the money is better off in the bank. And the sale of Carroll has proved to be absolutely the correct thing to do.

No.

No.

it certainly looks like you do, after that comment. How do YOU define the "right player" ? Do you mean Obertan ?

Your attitude LM is akin to the kid who has pocket money burning a hole in his pocket. You'd rather spend it on 'something' rather than leave it where it is.

Precisely that nice round figure of £25m bought use Owen and Boumsong. Still, at least we were 'ambitious' eh? :rolleyes:

No.

it certainly looks like you do, after that comment. How do YOU define the "right player" ? Do you mean Obertan ?

No.

Your attitude LM is akin to the kid who has pocket money burning a hole in his pocket. You'd rather spend it on 'something' rather than leave it where it is.

Precisely that nice round figure of £25m bought use Owen and Boumsong. Still, at least we were 'ambitious' eh? :rolleyes:

Your attitude Craig, is akin to someone who just wants to be wise after the event. Backing your manager is what it is all about, and there is a lot of money left from that sale, that could be used to attempt to further improve that team in a lot of positions.

I think you know that what Cabayaye says is correct, and we have seen as much of that money as we are going to see.

Would swap Carroll for Ba and Cisse. Would rather have all three.

I dont see how any sane person can not agree that the direction Liverpool are TRYING to take, albeit directed by a misguided idiot (Dogleash), is not at least the right approach even if the execution in this approach is lacking somewhat. Anyone who thinks the fat cunt in charge of NUFC is taking a better approach:

E.g. Selling your best players and not reinvesting the money

Is either related to Mike Ashley, his mate, deluded, or for the most part simply VERY optimistic!

Most would agree in principle but do you GENUINELY believe we will see the rest of that money? It wouldnt surprise me if the crook in charge is syphoning whats left off fraudulently or if a new Sports Direct superstore pops up somewhere!

I dont see how any sane person can not agree that the direction Liverpool are TRYING to take, albeit directed by a misguided idiot (Dogleash), is not at least the right approach even if the execution in this approach is lacking somewhat. Anyone who thinks the fat cunt in charge of NUFC is taking a better approach:

Is either related to Mike Ashley, his mate, deluded, or for the most part simply VERY optimistic!

absolutely nailed, apart from saying "simply VERY optimistic", I would prefer to say "simple"

Edited by LeazesMag

Arsenal have a wage bill over double ours.

As do Liverpool.

Tottenham's almost double.

If these are the teams we're going to challenge for 4th - 6th, we can afford to upgrade from Danny fucking £10k a week Simpson or Mike bollocking 5k a week Williamson ffs. Things might have gotten out of hand with Shepherd, but let's not be over cautious about the going rate a top flight club NEED to spend on their first team squad.

Said rich list is based on turnover only, chum

and ?

And therefore doesn't reflect our available resources. And you say I'm clueless :lol:

"available resources" ?

I don't think you would find any sane person who wouldn't have BA and Cisse together over Carroll. Notice the use of the word sane.

And you'll not be able to quote Leazes saying it either will you?

Apart from "wheres the Carroll money" "never match the previous owners" " I am right chum" " you don't go to games so your opinions don't count" you can't really quote him on much because he refuses to give any answers.

Not sure what your point is tho, you strike me as a bit of a picky fucker

Most would agree in principle but do you GENUINELY believe we will see the rest of that money? It wouldnt surprise me if the crook in charge is syphoning whats left off fraudulently or if a new Sports Direct superstore pops up somewhere!

Ah well, it'll show up in the club accounts then, won't it?

How do you mean "see the money"? Do you mean used solely for player purchases? I doubt it. Some of it will but some of it will undoubtedly be swallowed up in overheads / wages / etc.

£55m on Carroll and Henderson?? So if that's the way forward then football is fucked beyond recognition

I don't think you would find any sane person who wouldn't have BA and Cisse together over Carroll. Notice the use of the word sane.

And you'll not be able to quote Leazes saying it either will you?

Apart from "wheres the Carroll money" "never match the previous owners" " I am right chum" " you don't go to games so your opinions don't count" you can't really quote him on much because he refuses to give any answers.

Not sure what your point is tho, you strike me as a bit of a picky fucker

I am a picky fucker. Not half as picky as you like, I don't go as far as to pick fault with imaginary things that no sane person would or has said.

Edited by Happy Face