The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Pardew gave Brighton far too much respect or Poyet was lying pre-match when he said he had sent his team out to play their normal game. Ben Arfa was well shackled by the El-Abd who looked a bit of a tasty cunt. If i was recovering from a double leg break, not sure i'd be putting my career on the line with that lad either. Waddle had it spot on, the problem was the distance between Shola and the rest of the side.

That's a fair analysis. I'd like to add that Cabaye hasn't been at his best without Tiote and plays too deep. Wether that is to instruction or not I'm not sure.

Manc was saying yesterday that Pards sets up sides primarily not to give anything away and I'd venture that isn't needed against Brighton. Shola was isolated cause Best was too wide most of the match. If you can pass the ball against inferior opp you might as well play through the middle.

Dont think yesterday proves anything but it definitely shows Pardew's team selection is a lot more complicated than loudmouth know-nowts would have you believe.

Don't put yerself down like that man. :)

:lol: You're still reeling from my punch yesterday, these pussy jabs aren't going to distract me.

Well it was a long time coming. ;)

I saw this coming. The first proper bad game Hba has and Pardew is vindicated. Absolute fucking nonsense. Vindicated in starting Obertan the whole first half of the season? I don't think so. I simply will not allow history to be re-written on here. So there! :lol:

Everybody sits too deep and the CM's don't support the forwards and are often playing in diff galaxies. Can you get that into your heads? Can you? Fuck me.

Edited by Park Life

It's doing my fuking head in. For instance you see Santon cutting inside into areas where Cabaye should be in the attcking phase or Guthrie...Where are they? On the fuking half way line. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

How can anyone looking at the goals we conceded at Fulham think we sit too deep? Best had chances, cabaye and Simpson too. Penalty was 100%.

Not saying we were mint, but they didn't even have a shot on goal of their own.

Just one of them nights.

How can anyone looking at the goals we conceded at Fulham think we sit too deep? Best had chances, cabaye and Simpson too. Penalty was 100%.

Not saying we were mint, but they didn't even have a shot on goal of their own.

Just one of them nights.

You're right about that. We played the maniac high line against Fulham againt pace as we did agaist Wba.

By sit too deep I mean the CM don't get in and around the box enough. Santon is proving a very decent attacking threat btw but often when he's up there at the business end he has very few choices. The MF and the def are too close. Tbf though there is a kind of a false picture right now cause our best players are away.

The 4-3-3 formation does not look very effective with the key players we have missing, perhaps it will thrive if it's used when they have returned.

Totally. We'll look completely difference once Tiote, Ba and Cisse are back.

What now for Hatem?

Feel quite sorry for the lad but it just isnt coming off for him and last nights substitution and Obertans goal will have dampened his confidence.

I cant even put my finger on what particularly isnt working for him, its just not.

I think there's a possibility Pardew will revert to Obertan for Sunday and if he does, you have to wonder whether that spells the end for Ben-Arfa.

The Christmas Tree gong of doom has sounded. oh noes

Had a bad game, happens to that sort of player. Has been moved around positionally, and hasn't had much of a run in the team - certainly not enough for him to truly settle. Can't compare him and Obertan, as Obertan had a lengthy run to prove himself.

There does seem to have been a shift in Pardew's approach in playing Ben Arfa thankfully. He finally seems more willing to do so and I don't think he'll be dropping him. Obertan did well coming on because he was used an impact sub. That shouldn't really make him worthy of a place in the starting eleven again.

Ben Arfa has been poor and sloppy of late but he's also had absolutely no one around him to link up with. He was still our best player in the Fulham game. So he's basically had 1 and a half poor games.

Our next game is at home and with Demba back... would be really silly to drop him.

There does seem to have been a shift in Pardew's approach in playing Ben Arfa thankfully. He finally seems more willing to do so and I don't think he'll be dropping him. Obertan did well coming on because he was used an impact sub. That shouldn't really make him worthy of a place in the starting eleven again.

Ben Arfa has been poor and sloppy of late but he's also had absolutely no one around him to link up with. He was still our best player in the Fulham game. So he's basically had 1 and a half poor games.

Our next game is at home and with Demba back... would be really silly to drop him.

Agreed.

So he's basically had 1 and a half poor games.

He was shite at Brighton, shite against Blackburn in the cup (goal aside), shite again last night.

He was good against QPR and Fulham.

He's about 50/50 on his performances.

Last night we had zero movement a lot of the time and the pass was rarely on, can't really blame Ben Arfa as it clearly wasn't his kind of game. We practically bypassed the midfield for the entire match & even though he was off the striker he wasn't involved in any aerial battles and wouldn't stand a chance if he was.

Pardew should have started Obertan & went 4-4-2 if he was going to have us boot it up for 90 minutes.

He hasn't really taken his chance in this run of games as I hoped he would. For all his talent I wonder if it's going to work out for him here. Pardew is obsessed with two big lads up front, we look shite in a 433 and he doesn't fancy him on the wing in a 442