Taye Taiwo

Lake Bells tits

Taiwo is brilliant aye, strong and quick with some left foot on him (could take the freekicks and all for us)

but as said, not a hope in hell...he also starts most games for milan ahead of antonini so why would they sell him? asides from why would he want to leave a club that will probably win serie.a and get into europe for us? on no doubt less wages.

Eh? He's only played in 6 games all season for them.

"Every day I suffer more and more because I am not given the chance to play," the 26-year-old told L'Equipe.

"I came here to give my contribution, but I have always been on the bench and have played only six games so far.

"Sometimes I go to the stands but I need to play to get into shape.

"It seems clear to me that I don't have the confidence of Allegri. Staying under these conditions is not possible for me."

Edited by Andy Who?

Aye. he;s played in 4 of their champions league games and the other two in the league. Odds on you've gotten to see all of his appearances.

But yeah, that'd be unbelievable. :omgwank:

Him coming wouldn't be out of the question either, both he and his agent have came out saying that they're not happy that he's not starting week in week out or to that effect. We could offer 1st team football and I couldn't see the fee or his wages being completely out of the ballpark either. Fits right in with the age policy too, 26.

Though what with pardew said tonight about bringing in one player which'll most likely be Maiga and then a defensive player, I think I'd still rather have another cb than a lb. Can only hope for both really.

Haven't seen any sources on this that are any more reliable than Wikipedia tbh.

Have a few fair tabloids saying it, which do of course have no reliability either, but it's the same as all transfer rumours isn't it? Until something comes out from either the player or two clubs theres nothing that's all that concrete.

The mails the only decent one (and decent's a bit of a stretch) I could find on short notice but the rumours been floating around for a few weeks.

http://www.dailymail...ik-Pieters.html

Edited by Andy Who?

Have a few fair tabloids saying it, which do of course have no reliability either, but it's the same as all transfer rumours isn't it? Until something comes out from either the player or two clubs theres nothing that's all that concrete.

The mails the only decent one i could find on short notice but the rumours been floating around for a few weeks.

But that's what they do. They put 2 and 2 together as it were, and come out with something like this:

"Newcastle need a left-back. Taiwo is getting frustrated with a lack of games. So let's make up a story linking the two together. You never know, it might pay off and actually happen despite our no doubt complete lack of evidence/quotes to support such an idea".

It's just cheap and easy journalism that people will buy into because they like the idea and it's something to talk about. That 'Sportsmail Reporter' is one of the worst, constant rumours every day. No better in my opinion than those services Sky and the BBC run where you can text in transfer rumours during windows. Ever wondered why the journo is anonymous?

The mails the only decent one i could find on short notice but the rumours been floating around for a few weeks.

But that's what they do. They put 2 and 2 together as it were, and come out with something like this:

"Newcastle need a left-back. Taiwo is getting frustrated with a lack of games. So let's make up a story linking the two together. You never know, it might pay off and actually happen despite our no doubt complete lack of evidence/quotes to support such an idea".

It's just cheap and easy journalism that people will buy into because they like the idea and it's something to talk about. That 'Sportsmail Reporter' is one of the worst, constant rumours every day. No better in my opinion than those services Sky and the BBC run where you can text in transfer rumours during windows. Ever wondered why the journo is anonymous?

Yeah mate, I know what you're saying, that's what I was getting at in my first line.

Most rumours are going to fabricated by journos but you'd hope that there'd be a couple that have a grain of truth. Not that I'm saying the Taiwo one is by any stretch of the imagination.

I expect that if we do get someone in we won't hear about it until it happens, were there any of our transfers in the summer that happened that were rumoured by journos before they were actually announced?

But wait, I though we were signing that left back from PSV...

I'd be amazed if we signed both a LB and a CB this transfer window.

PSV said Pieters isn't going anywhere.

I think he's injured and expected back near the end of january or the start of February as well.

and aye, I can't see us getting a LB, I'd hope that CB is more of a priority area tbh.

Can't we just accept the fact that there aren't gonna be any more transfers...like ever...

Why would you say that mate? You honestly expect us to not bring anyone in in january?

Ignore him fella, he's basically a massive gimp