This proposal to cap benefits

LeazesMag

quite right, it might not get through, because of the softies and clueless liberals, but it should.

No scrounging cunt should get more than 26 grand a year for doing nowt, even that is far too much, especially those who haven't even paid into it. How many million of those are there ?

No wonder the country is going bust.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite right, it might not get through, because of the softies and clueless liberals, but it should.

No scrounging cunt should get more than 26 grand a year for doing nowt, even that is far too much, especially those who haven't even paid into it. How many million of those are there ?

The one thing that worries me is the kids'll inevitably suffer. But then again, it's their fucking parents fault anyway. And if they're prepared to have kids they can't support then they're probably already suffering.

The one thing that worries me is the kids'll inevitably suffer. But then again, it's their fucking parents fault anyway. And if they're prepared to have kids they can't support then they're probably already suffering.

this is what the softies are already pointing out.

I agree with the rest of your comments Alex. And a rising population isn't helping much.

Edited by LeazesMag

isnt the proposal set to have an impact on around 50,000 households?

would - correctly - impact a lot more if the cap was lower, and didn't dish it out to any Tom, Dick and Harry who fancied living here too.

I agree with the rest of your comments Alex. And a rising population isn't helping much.

It's a fair point though, imo. Without getting too cliched they are the future. Writing them off will cause more problems for society in the long run. These in turn will create social and financial costs for the rest of society to bear at a later date.

IDS on the radio this morning proposing that there will be the introduction of a service to help people restructure their lifestyles to get around the benefit cap.

There does need to be a major reworking of how people claim benefits, too many pisstakers amongst those who genuinely need it atm.

Cant believe anyone would disagree with this.

There has to be a cap so it is just a case of setting it right.

Hopefully the brains in the civil service have weighed everything up and arrived at the right figure. Better to start somewhere and then adjust if need be.

Should a soldier with 3 kids who comes back from Afghanistan without any legs get it?

Should've thought about his kids before he misplaced his legs tbh. He should get his self-assessment form in on time as well.

It's a fair point though, imo. Without getting too cliched they are the future. Writing them off will cause more problems for society in the long run. These in turn will create social and financial costs for the rest of society to bear at a later date.

not saying I trust IDS [because I don't trust any Tory or most politicians] but the bigger picture is about setting responsibilties. Unfortunately, some kids will suffer, but nothing is perfect. As things stand, the system isn't right and encourages far more who know there is no point in them working. 26k a year equates to 35k a year before offtakes, apparently, thats a huge amount, far more than the average wage worker earns, clearly wrong. And it encourages foreigners to take advantage too. We need to stop all of this, seriously. For the future of the country. The young uns in the country won't get pensions etc by the time they are older, they will nothing for paying into the country, its all a massive drain, there will be no money left.

How many people on here, under 30 for instance, are contributing to a pensions plan or savings to look towards the future ?

Should a soldier with 3 kids who comes back from Afghanistan without any legs get it?

He should get at least enough to buy a shield to deflect all the pigs' heads that will be flung at him from all corners before his local Tesco branch is blown to smithereens.

I was reading in the Mail that Muslims now have a pop at anyone in a wheelchair. On the off chance they're an injured veteran.

Ive heard mention a few times on the news today of the Church of Englands opinions on this

why is their opinion on it being reported at all? I'm sure a lot of other people don't want this to go through either

Ive heard mention a few times on the news today of the Church of Englands opinions on this

why is their opinion on it being reported at all? I'm sure a lot of other people don't want this to go through either

agreed again, nowt to do with the Church of England either. Wonder what some of other religious groups think, and if the softies say we should take notice of them, especially ones that represent foreigners or people who have only came to the country to get benefits ?

agreed.

Missing my point that an across the board cap negatively impacts deserving and worthy people. You're not one to concern yourself with contradiction or nuance like :razz:.

not missing the point.

The cap is correct, what is incorrect is the worth and methods of compensation made as per the link you made.

if you want to go down the road of taking the view that we all have different sorts of sympathies, that's a different thing altogether. Is it ?

Edited by LeazesMag

agreed.

Missing my point that an across the board cap negatively impacts deserving and worthy people. You're not one to concern yourself with contradiction or nuance like :razz:.

not missing the point.

The cap is correct, what is incorrect is the worth and methods of compensation made as per the link you made.

if you want to go down the road of taking the view that we all have different sorts of sympathies, that's a different thing altogether. Is it ?

What boils my piss is the absence of all common sense. Of course £26KPA (or whatever it is) is enough. Some working people dont earn that so how can someone who sits on their arse complain? Its more than enough and they should not buy tabs or beer. This said, Im only on about those on the dole with say one kid. Each case should be individual and more should be done for the likes of this case with the soldier. You cant make one sweeping statement to class everyone. We all know the type that bleed the system and its they only that should suffer.

Also the family with one kid living in a 4 bed detached claiming for the rent. It doesnt add up.

dont forget as well, they dont pay tax on that 26K I assume its akin to someone in employment earning 32K.