Skiing

BestBaNone

There's a good indoor slope in Dubai btw. I hope that's useful.

:lol: One of my cousins (from the richer side of the family) was one of the structural engineers on that project, for all his wealth and intelligence he didn't know how to convince my Gran that a ski slope in a desert for tourists was a good idea.

Edited by Howay

• 1 month later...

Well made the 2 hour drive to Manchester yesterday to 'Chill Factore', indoor slope with proper artificial snow as opposed to the dry ones that I was told to stay away from.. got a full day beginner course half price. Anyway it's a piece of piss, I was easily the best in my group of 10 barring my one spectacular wipeout :lol: To be fair though, I was getting bored and had stopped listening to the instructor and was experimenting myself at a canny speed!

Oh and whoever invented the average speed camera wants brutally murdering. Fucking miles and miles they go on for and not a roadworker in sight. Why not just do a small section at a time? Half of the M62 and half of the M1 is ruined by them. I'd rather they just gave my road tax to an immigrant asian family than this.

Oh and whoever invented the average speed camera wants brutally murdering. Fucking miles and miles they go on for and not a roadworker in sight. Why not just do a small section at a time? Half of the M62 and half of the M1 is ruined by them. I'd rather they just gave my road tax to an immigrant asian family than this.

:lol:

Great news you picked it up quickly man.

biggest thing to remember as a beginner is that you're a beginner don't try and get too far ahead of yourself, if for whatever reason you do find yourself at the top of a slope that is beyond your ability resist the urge to take off your skis and slide down on your bum. never a good idea as you don't have any means of slowing or stopping. sidestep down if you have too but LEAVE YOUR SKIS ON! Edited by tooner

• 1 month later...

How did this turn out? In tears or with scandinavian fanny wrapped around your face in the evenings?

Going skiing in the alpes for the first time with the attitude of " how fecking hard could it be" it bound to end epicly tbh :lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

It was an absolute blast. First morning was a bit of a mare like :lol: Fell down off a button lift and rolled down an icy hill. Spring conditions so first thing on a morning the surface was hard, really difficult to learn on and I was getting pissed off. But it all seemed to click by the second day and it was just epic. Seriously I've been to most of the european 18-30s resorts and pulling in the French alps is a comparative breeze. There's so much pussy working out there, and the majority of holidaymakers are middle-aged couples and/or families.

Going back next year. Absolutely stunning place, pricey in places though. Got charged 24 euros for 2 pints at one mountain pub up the slopes :lol:

Good to hear it ended well, learning curve can be a tad steep if you set out in the wrong slope like :lol:

I went to austria last year ( cheaper than france btw), they had a shared sauna there. Was quite surprised when I entered the sauna and there was naked women there between 18 and 50. Luckily I had a very flattering semi when strolling into the room.

You should try out Tignes/Val d`isere, all the slopes are interconnected - you can basically ski to italy. If you dont catch the last lift up its 3 days in a car around some places, so you have to spend the night.

LBT sits between his 2 friends in the sauna practising his skiing.

:lol: There's a lass at work did this with a couple of lads in her old department at the end of the Christmas night out. There's an awkward monday morning for you.

We were in La Tania which is in the 3 valleys, basically there's about 600km of piste and 11 resorts all interconnected. I'm smitten with the place now, to the extent of wanting to live there :D It was a scorcher of a week as well, red hot, snow held up surprisingly well though. Slushy on an afternoon but refreezing overnight. The piste bashers do a good job. Lass we met out there told us the suicide rate for piste bashers is ridiculously high :o

:lol: There's a lass at work did this with a couple of lads in her old department at the end of the Christmas night out. There's an awkward monday morning for you.

I hope you named her Amber, as in Amber Dextrous.