Take-Away Mentals

The Fish

Ordered a curry on Saturday night through JustEat.co.uk, and waited the 45 mintues for it to arrive. When it doesn't show I gave them a quick call to get an eta and they said it'd be another 15 minutes, that comes and goes and I give them another ring, they apologise for it being late and offer some free poppadoms which I accept.

Finally the guy shows up an hour and a half after the order and says "I hear you've been moaning, have you not looked outside?!" I reply that the restaurant is 5 minutes away, 15 in this weather, so how'd it take an hour longer? He thrusts the food in my hand says something I can't understand and fucks off.

Surprise, no free poppadoms, but the "curry" is a fucking disgrace. three tubs of powdery sauce... scratch that, powdery soup each with 4-5 bits of anemic chicken. This is supposed to be a Chicken Madras:

9uhcm.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to eat it.

The next day I leave a review on JustEat and think the matter's done. Not so. I get a call from a blocked number at 18:30 on Sunday night, claiming to be from the website, telling me if I take down the bad review I'd get a discount the next time I order from this curry house. I ask them to confirm which website it was and they say it's "JustEating.com" I call bollocks, tell them I'm keeping the review up and wouldn't be ordering anything from there again, so a discount is pointless.

today, I start receiving phonecalls from blocked number around noon. At 16:00 they start coming every minute, I pick up and it's silent, I hang up, 30 seconds later, another call and son on and so forth. Amongst these I get a call from an 0845 number, it's JustEat who ask me to confirm I want the review taken down. I couldn't believe it. The restaurant had got in contact with the website, posed as me to get the review removed, (giving my name, address and number as proof of ID).

h8xcja.jpg

I call my network provider to try and get the number blocked, but they can't do it, but I've signed up to the TPS thing. Also passed their details to a mate in the police who's raised it as a nuisance phonecall thing.

calls have stopped now, but I can't believe a take-away place would go that mental off the back of a bad review. :lol:

Perhaps this is what was meant by Bad Korma? ;)

That reminds me Dr Gloom, they've been on the website and posted numerous positive reviews today. Giving the maximum 6stars left by people like "JON from LONDON" or "DOONA from LONDON" with no review, just the star ratings. I mentioned this when I was on the phone with JustEat and they said that they've noticed "some irregularities" with the reviews and are investigating.

Not going to post their name given that the police are looking into it, just in case.

I love when the puns keep cumin in threads like this.

Fish, you upset the owner. I thin-keema-st have posted those phoney reviews as you said.

Raita, I should really stop.

I'd paratha you did.

Those puns deserve criticism, but you'd cry like a lassi.

I love when the puns keep cumin in threads like this.

Fish, you upset the owner. I thin-keema-st have posted those phoney reviews as you said.

Raita, I should really stop.

I'd paratha you did.

Those puns deserve criticism, but you'd cry like a lassi.

Shish! You can fuc kulfi, this thread laksa certain humorous element otherwise.

Gosht! That was a bit overboard.

(Mas)Alla was trying to do was have a laugh.

I'm so upset I need A Loo.

Kadhai ask you to ease up a bit?

With cheesy chips. ;)