Luque again

LeazesMag

Was talking to my dad about some people's views that Luque is too light-weight for the english game and he said that when Bergkamp first went to Arsenal he looked completely unsuited to the style here but did adapt in time with good coaching and a bit of beefening up.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was talking to my dad about some people's views that Luque is too light-weight for the english game and he said that when Bergkamp first went to Arsenal he looked completely unsuited to the style here but did adapt in time with good coaching and a bit of beefening up.

75070[/snapback]

:lol:

75070[/snapback]

;)

75071[/snapback]

I knew someone would bring that up :lol:

I think the 'adapt in time' bit is more unlikely given the patience of some fans.

75074[/snapback]

Yup, I thought he was a lot sharper at the weekend and made some intelligent runs. Yes, he bottled some challenges Solano stylee and his finishing seems a bit off, but it has been a bit quick for fans to get on his back. I suppose when the team as a whole are perfomring badly the fans look for the boo-boy, and an injury prone foreigner still adapting is perfect. Shola must be loving him.

I think a big part of the problem is the money - it seems a hell of a lot for a relatively unknown player. I say relatively unknown because I don't really watch Spanish football apart from Real and Barca, and personally barely knew his name. He was also only a very peripheral player for the Spanish national side.

Bergkamp was a completely different matter - obviously world class and personally I was gutted he didn't sign for us as he was rumoured to be doing at the time.

I think a big part of the problem is the money - it seems a hell of a lot for a relatively unknown player. I say relatively unknown because I don't really watch Spanish football apart from Real and Barca, and personally barely knew his name. He was also only a very peripheral player for the Spanish national side.

Bergkamp was a completely different matter - obviously world class and personally I was gutted he didn't sign for us as he was rumoured to be doing at the time.

75176[/snapback]

Proper, proper player.

75176[/snapback]

Swap Spanish for French and you could well be talking about Benfica's latest acquisition! :lol:

75176[/snapback]

Swap Spanish for French and you could well be talking about Benfica's latest acquisition! :lol:

75651[/snapback]

and his replacement at Newcastle .....

9.5m quid later