Out and In

2bias

Let's be fair, Obertan is from another country, has been at a club full of egos who wouldn't give a toss about him. If I were at manure, and wasn't in the initial 1st team, that Rooney would give a toss/ speak to me. Not that Id want that ugly face near me tho :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Pards will turn Ober around and get him performing. He stuck him deep into it early doors, obviously slightly misjudging his mettle. Pards (and co) have worked wonders with some players over the 16 months he's been here. He's even got that little Shane looking half decent. Keep the faith.

Some people amaze me. The amount of shit Obertan gets is not right, He hasn't been here a season yet and he has played more football this year than he has in his career at Man United. Give the guy a break lads fucking hell it's no wonder he hardly celebrated when he scored against Blackburn yet still had the decency to salute the crowd. Rant over! Support the guy he will come good!!! :nufc:

says the guy who thinks we should sell our starting right-back if we sign another one rather than build the squad :razz:

Yes because he is 25 and for the last 3 seasons hasn't improved :P (My opinion!)

honestly I reckon he has, he seems to be the same but hes the same in a side that won the championship, then finished 12th and is now on to finish at least 6th

honestly I reckon he has, he seems to be the same but hes the same in a side that won the championship, then finished 12th and is now on to finish at least 6th

I think it's the fact he offers nothing going forward. Look at the left and you see Santon rushing forward taking people on (yes he doesn't get past everyone but he goes for it an his pace is awesome) Simpson offers nothing, I can't remember the last time he got past someone and when he crosses it usually ends up in Level 7 :P

Im from the school of having the defenders defend, thats why I dont rate glen johnson.

and santon and simpson have the same number of goals and assists this season :razz:

there aren't many really good fullbacks around at the moment. someone like simpson who is reliable and doesnt get injured is a big (undervalued) commodity

Im from the school of having the defenders defend, thats why I dont rate glen johnson.

and santon and simpson have the same number of goals and assists this season :razz:

there aren't many really good fullbacks around at the moment. someone like simpson who is reliable and doesnt get injured is a big (undervalued) commodity

Santon has not played as much as Simpson. He can also defend. Simpson can defend I don't doubt that but a full back should also be able to attack.

I know he hasnt, thats why I put the :razz: there

I just think simpson, being routinely unspectacular leads to him being under rated by a lot, particularly the group that think the best thing to do is not only get another right back in but get rid of him too

Seriously I have had this opinion since the start of the season. His defending is suspect and going forward offers little. He is refusing to sign a contract not because of the amount but because of when he will be paid..seriously

so thats a legitimate contractual dispute. its not like hes getting too big for his boots demanding to be a top earner at the club.

we've played (to my memory) 4 players at left back this season

we've played 1 at right back. in a regularly changing back 4 he has continued to play every game and done consistently decent job in the side coming wherever it will finish this season (which will be higher than we expected)

he doesn't commit loads of fouls (less than one a match this season so far), doesn't pick up unnecessary bans.

I can understand wanting to upgrade the position, hes not one of the best in the world and never will be but hes totally reliable, I'd rather have a left back, a centrehalf and a midfielder in before even thinking about right back and thats assuming no one important goes that will also need replacing in summer.

he is Mr Reliable, plays every game to the same standard. every side needs one

so thats a legitimate contractual dispute. its not like hes getting too big for his boots demanding to be a top earner at the club.

we've played (to my memory) 4 players at left back this season

we've played 1 at right back. in a regularly changing back 4 he has continued to play every game and done consistently decent job in the side coming wherever it will finish this season (which will be higher than we expected)

he doesn't commit loads of fouls (less than one a match this season so far), doesn't pick up unnecessary bans.

I can understand wanting to upgrade the position, hes not one of the best in the world and never will be but hes totally reliable, I'd rather have a left back, a centrehalf and a midfielder in before even thinking about right back and thats assuming no one important goes that will also need replacing in summer.

he is Mr Reliable, plays every game to the same standard. every side needs one

That is my point. If we want to stay a top 6 club we need to as effective going down the right as we are going down the left. It starts at the back. He is a good player but not quality. Seeing as he is probably a millionaire (or close enough anyway) why should it matter when he gets paid, surely playing for the club should matter.

perhaps if he had started out here or was from the area or was a boyhood fan but hes not, hes a pro and obviously theres a contract problem that wants fixing. if its that simple then why are the club dragging it out so much? cant be that simple.

who would you have instead? of players we can/would buy that you know well enough to say they'll be an upgrade? (edit) and why do you think we should sell him if we do get another RB in? hes not costing the earth and is clearly capable of playing a lot of games without getting injured

also if we're playing the 433 any more than we're pretty effective on the right since HBA is playing there and kicking ass

Edited by Semimental

perhaps if he had started out here or was from the area or was a boyhood fan but hes not, hes a pro and obviously theres a contract problem that wants fixing. if its that simple then why are the club dragging it out so much? cant be that simple.

who would you have instead? of players we can/would buy that you know well enough to say they'll be an upgrade? (edit) and why do you think we should sell him if we do get another RB in? hes not costing the earth and is clearly capable of playing a lot of games without getting injured

also if we're playing the 433 any more than we're pretty effective on the right since HBA is playing there and kicking ass

I would sell him because Pardew has hinted to the fact there is nothing between him and Tavernier now. I know Tav hasn't played much first team but he has played over 50 loan games now. It shouldn't matter if he isn't from the area why should it matter if he gets paid monthly or 2 weekly???? when it's such large amounts of money it shouldn't. This has been going on so long now and surely if he wants to stay here then a trivial matter shouldnt....matter. We know the club don't back down to players when it's over contracts...Barton, Nolan.

Pardew says a lot of things...

thats because Barton and Nolan had ideas above their station. wanting too much money for too long a period

if its such a nothing clause for simpson to get paid on his schedule then why should it be something to the club?

and youve still not answered why you think he has to go if you do get a RB in

Edited by Semimental

Pardew says a lot of things...

thats because Barton and Nolan had ideas above their station. wanting too much money for too long a period

if its such a nothing clause for simpson to get paid on his schedule then why should it be something to the club?

and youve still not answered why you think he has to go if you do get a RB in

I have answered that..I think we will get Pieters in meaning we will have Santon at RB with Tav as cover. I think he should go because he gets himself into a lot of trouble and offers little going forward. for a top half team he would be perfect ( Fulham, Villa ) not a top 6 team ;)

I think he is being petty with how he wants to be paid. If he wants to be here so bad it shouldn't matter...Jonas, Krul and Collo signed on quick enough..

so who covers LB? Santon? so we lose our LB to an injury and switch 2 positions in the back four?

they had their reasons for that Im sure as he has his. we aren't privy to the details of that situation so, since hes not asking for more money (the only thing the board should care about), Im inclined to assume in his favour there tbh

also, if a right back does come in (or we accept the santon being starting right back and covering LB) whats wrong with having a top half quality right back on modest money in the squad?

because Jonas is one of our important starting midfielders (in either of our systems) and Raylor is a decent squad member but if he was better than simpson he'd be starting 30+ games a season instead of DS

ferguson I will not dignify with a response :P

because Jonas is one of our important starting midfielders (in either of our systems) and Raylor is a decent squad member but if he was better than simpson he'd be starting 30+ games a season instead of DS

ferguson I will not dignify with a response :P

Dont let christmas tree here you say that!

I've always thought Simpson was a good guy and competent enough at RB.

Obviously we'd be strengthened significantly by signing a LB and moving Santon on to his more natural right side. I think Simpson knows he's unlikely to get as many games so he could be holding out to see what happens regarding transfers.

He'd be a loss though that's for sure, he's saved us a lot more points than he's cost us with his goal line clearances this season.