Out and In

2bias

Hi guys,

As the title says who would you want out of our squad this summer and who would you want in to replace them (if they need replacing). I know some people have alluded to the fact we need a "bigger" squad but we can only have 25 in the squad and we currently have over 30 "first team" players. I personally think we just need to replace some of what we have now with more quality.

Just a bit of fun and be interesting to see what you think. For me it would be..

OUT - Steve Harper

OUT - Fraser Forster

OUT - Danny Simpson

OUT - Danny Guthrie

OUT - Peter Lovenkrands

OUT - Xisco

OUT - Alan Smith

OUT - Mike WIlliamson

OUT - Leon Best

IN - Erik Pieters

IN - Sigurdsson

IN - Jan Vertonghen

IN - Jordon Rhodes

Personally I think if we went into the new season with them four and them nine gone I would be happy. If we got Pieters I could see Santon switching over to the right. Sigurdsson to sit between Tiote and Cabaye, Vertonghen to add a bit more competition for Taylor at CB and Rhodes because he is young but also capable to step up to the Premiership. With what we already have I believe that the outgoing would free up alot of wages and places in the squad.

As I said just a bit of fun and would be interesting to see what you think.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

As the title says who would you want out of our squad this summer and who would you want in to replace them (if they need replacing). I know some people have alluded to the fact we need a "bigger" squad but we can only have 25 in the squad and we currently have over 30 "first team" players. I personally think we just need to replace some of what we have now with more quality.

Just a bit of fun and be interesting to see what you think. For me it would be..

OUT - Steve Harper

OUT - Fraser Forster

OUT - Danny Simpson

OUT - Danny Guthrie

OUT - Peter Lovenkrands

OUT - Xisco

OUT - Alan Smith

OUT - Mike WIlliamson

OUT - Leon Best

IN - Erik Pieters

IN - Sigurdsson

IN - Jan Vertonghen

IN - Jordon Rhodes

Personally I think if we went into the new season with them four and them nine gone I would be happy. If we got Pieters I could see Santon switching over to the right. Sigurdsson to sit between Tiote and Cabaye, Vertonghen to add a bit more competition for Taylor at CB and Rhodes because he is young but also capable to step up to the Premiership. With what we already have I believe that the outgoing would free up alot of wages and places in the squad.

Agree with all, Jordan Rhodes OR Madine who's a geordie and will be massive in a few years imo. I'd also have a chat with Al Habsi personally as back up if Harper goes.

Bit of the old out in out in eh?

Out, the chaff on the squad fringes, harper, lovenkrands, xisco, smith

I'd keep the rest on your list there since we're in Europe and I'd expect Simpson to continue starting most games next season unless we actually buy a right back this summer which I don't see happening.

Douglas/verthongen

Pieters

Sigurdsson

Eden hazard :P

A left winger if we're persisting with our 433 since we really lack depth once you take out ba, cisse or hba

Lovenkrands seems like the happiest, most upbeat man in the world. He tweeted a picture of his wife, and the two things may be connected.

I'd keep him on as officer in charge of positivity.

Lovenkrands seems like the happiest, most upbeat man in the world. He tweeted a picture of his wife, and the two things may be connected.

I'd keep him on as officer in charge of positivity.

Having a cock the length of a giraffe's scarf probably helps as well.

If someone asked me who was longest in the shower about my mates I'd probably think they were on about duration too, I wouldn't instantly start thinking about their cocks, you bunch of puffs.

Pfft, You're not a man until you've watched a well-endowed chap do windmills in the shower.

If someone asked me who was longest in the shower about my mates I'd probably think they were on about duration too, I wouldn't instantly start thinking about their cocks, you bunch of puffs.

I bet you're dead hard.

In the showers.

Going back to the OP, I'd forgotten Harps was still with us. There's no way we'll shift Xisco by the way. He'll cling on till the bitter end like Alan Smith, pocketing every single penny on his fat contract. I've hated being stuck with wankers like Smith and Xisco who we can't move on, and who are holding us back.

Pfft, You're not a man until you've watched a well-endowed chap do windmills in the shower.

Yeah... Watched.

Going back to the OP, I'd forgotten Harps was still with us. There's no way we'll shift Xisco by the way. He'll cling on till the bitter end like Alan Smith, pocketing every single penny on his fat contract. I've hated being stuck with wankers like Smith and Xisco who we can't move on, and who are holding us back.

Yeah, he's on very good money for probably the last time in his career even though he's only young so it's hard to blame Xisco even though it's annoying. He's struggled to get a game in the Spanish 2nd tier when he's been away on loan. I think he still has a year left after this one. As for Guthrie, Simpson, Best and so on, there's not much point in moving them on unless they're desperate to do so. We looked nailed on for at least the Europa League and all the extra games that entails plus there's another friggin African Cup of Nations come next January.

Hi guys,

OUT - Steve Harper

OUT - Fraser Forster

OUT - Danny Simpson

OUT - Danny Guthrie

OUT - Peter Lovenkrands

OUT - Xisco

OUT - Alan Smith

OUT - Ba - Spurs 7m

OUT- Tiote - Chelsea 20m

IN - Erik Pieters

IN - Sigurdsson

IN - Douglas

IN - Jordon Rhodes

IN- Sissoko or M'Villa

In- Maiga or Moussa Sow

Sorted.

Getting rid of Guthrie and Simpson means you'll basically be asking Perch (common opinion on here: "hes shite") to cover the entire back 4 and a midfield posistion. Fair enough we've got Ryan Taylor too, but apart from the untried and the useless (Vukic, Abeid & anybody you mention who hasnt played in the first team, Gosling in the other category) who else is there? Both Simpson and Guthrie have been offered new contracts as well. One ever present and one whos played 19 games despite injuries. Both good enough to have contributed to a squad on the verge of champions league qualification too.

Loan out the junior pros on the verge of the squad, get rid of the deadwood, and replace the likes of Tiote, Krul and Ba if/when they leave. Also looks like Pieters and Douglas are nailed on iyam. But getting rid of Guthrie and Simpson isnt on iyam.

Getting rid of Guthrie and Simpson means you'll basically be asking Perch (common opinion on here: "hes shite") to cover the entire back 4 and a midfield posistion. Fair enough we've got Ryan Taylor too, but apart from the untried and the useless (Vukic, Abeid & anybody you mention who hasnt played in the first team, Gosling in the other category) who else is there? Both Simpson and Guthrie have been offered new contracts as well. One ever present and one whos played 19 games despite injuries. Both good enough to have contributed to a squad on the verge of champions league qualification too.

Loan out the junior pros on the verge of the squad, get rid of the deadwood, and replace the likes of Tiote, Krul and Ba if/when they leave. Also looks like Pieters and Douglas are nailed on iyam. But getting rid of Guthrie and Simpson isnt on iyam.

Spot on

Defenders from abroad, especially at his age, shouldn't be expected to take to the league like a duck to water. I think the club realise this and that they'll try and coach him into fulfilling his potential here and ease him in, rather than just give up on him.

Hi guys,

OUT - Steve Harper

OUT - Fraser Forster

OUT - Danny Simpson

OUT - Danny Guthrie

OUT - Peter Lovenkrands

OUT - Xisco

OUT - Alan Smith

OUT - Mike WIlliamson

OUT - Leon Best

IN - Erik Pieters

IN - Sigurdsson

IN - Jan Vertonghen

IN - Jordon Rhodes

Aye, makes total sense to let more of our squad leave when we're gonna have more games next season. The likes of Simpson, Williamson, Guthrie and Best we should keep