iPod

peasepud

haway then you lot, Ive got a loan of a USB lead (will be in touch though Fish) and have reset it for Windows, the trial version of Anapod sees the ipod and allows me to tranfer files but cos its trial only allows one at a time. ITunes however has the Update iPod option greyed out as if no pod is connected.

Any thoughts?

Guest Toplass-101
haway then you lot, Ive got a loan of a USB lead (will be in touch though Fish)  and have reset it for Windows, the trial version of Anapod sees the ipod and allows me to tranfer files but cos its trial only allows one at a time. ITunes however has the Update iPod option greyed out as if no pod is connected.

Any thoughts?

73649[/snapback]

Yeah, I think I might have a bath n an early night and leave you playing with your gadgets :)

Edited by Toplass-101

haway then you lot, Ive got a loan of a USB lead (will be in touch though Fish)  and have reset it for Windows, the trial version of Anapod sees the ipod and allows me to tranfer files but cos its trial only allows one at a time. ITunes however has the Update iPod option greyed out as if no pod is connected.

Any thoughts?

73649[/snapback]

Thats the same problem I had, thats why I started using Anapod.

if your pal has already used the iPod it might have been registered and somehow not be able to use a different pc..

no real idea though

Download the latest ipod updater off the Apple site. Install it, plug your ipod in, start the updater and click restore. It'll get rid of any music you might currently have on the ipod but it'll also update the software on the ipod to the newest version and after that it'll work fine with iTunes. From then on you should only need to click "Update" in the ipod updater and won't lose your music.

If you've got music on your ipod that you want to keep, use PodUtil to get it off your ipod and onto your computer before doing the above.

Download the latest ipod updater off the Apple site.  Install it, plug your ipod in, start the updater and click restore.  It'll get rid of any music you might currently have on the ipod but it'll also update the software on the ipod to the newest version and after that it'll work fine with iTunes.  From then on you should only need to click "Update" in the ipod updater and won't lose your music.

If you've got music on your ipod that you want to keep, use PodUtil to get it off your ipod and onto your computer before doing the above.

73725[/snapback]

Did that, still no joy, iTunes now says the iPods not formatted for the PC even though it is and Im happily using a program called ephPod which was a nice free download without any problems at all. :)