England

LeazesMag

And where are our former colonies? India, Australia? Veritable hot beds of footballling talent :lol:

AFRICA. ;)

Set up football missions in Africa sans the bibles and add the passports. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone would think Germany were amazing the way people are going on. They'll win fuck all, their club teams win fuck all and that's it. If they get to the final Spain will hump them anyway.

they're ten times better than england right now. sad, but true.

i'd put spain as slight favourites for the tournament but wouldn't expect them to hump the germans if they meet in the final.

Bet he doesn't.

I don't disagree, but I'd like us to look closer to home too. Pakistani's don't have the worst genes in the world. They can fight look at Kahn, they can be reasonably athletic, they're hardly fat Samoans or Hawaiians like Tony Rockiharo, I don't mind our net being cast far and wide, but I'd like to see some British Asians in the team. Half of them are third and fourth generation now. Is it an integration problem, an unwillingness to align to the greatest part of British culture. Questions need to be asked.

Anyone would think Germany were amazing the way people are going on. They'll win fuck all, their club teams win fuck all and that's it. If they get to the final Spain will hump them anyway.

They've been mint...and they've been mint in almost every major tournament for decades.

In the last 30 years, out of 8 world cups, they've reached the semi's 6 times, gone on to the final 4 and won it once.

In 8 Euro's reached the semi's 4 times, gone on to the final 3 and won it once.

We've got to one semi final in each.

i'd put spain as slight favourites for the tournament but wouldn't expect them to hump the germans if they meet in the final.

Fuckin Croatia are ten times better than England. Germany are nothing special, they look good because this is a shit era for world football imo highlighted by the fact we're ranked number 6 in the world.

The Deutscher Fußball-Bund is based in Frankfurt and is divided into five regional federations with 21 regional organizations. It is the single largest sports federation in the world.

:o

They now have youth football cultural programmes in the Philipines and Indonesia. Nothing left to chance. ;)

I don't disagree, but I'd like us to look closer to home too. Pakistani's don't have the worst genes in the world. They can fight look at Kahn, they can be reasonably athletic, they're hardly fat Samoans or Hawaiians like Tony Rockiharo, I don't mind our net being cast far and wide, but I'd like to see some British Asians in the team. Half of them are third and fourth generation now. Is it an integration problem, an unwillingness to align to the greatest part of British culture. Questions need to be asked.

they generally prefer cricket. there's some good british asian cricketers that have come through recently

They've been mint...and they've been mint in almost every major tournament for decades.

In the last 30 years, out of 8 world cups, they've reached the semi's 6 times, gone on to the final 4 and won it once.

So mint they've won 1 trophy in 22 years, and that was undeserved. Spain far far better.

Its hardly an unwillingness to conform. You grow up liking what your dad likes. Asian kids grow up liking cricket. Hence a fair few British Asians in and around the national cricket team.

Fuckin Croatia are ten times better than England. Germany are nothing special, they look good because this is a shit era for world football imo highlighted by the fact we're ranked number 6 in the world.

thing about the germans though is they always do well in tournaments. i disagree about this current batch - they've got some quality players - but even when they look average they still usually progress to the latter stages of the tournament.

Our society is destroying the communities that produced wiorld class footballers from council estates here in the UK....thats the biggest issue, rather than the "too many foreigners" thing, which doesnt help admittedly. Look at the players Scotland produced from 1960-1990, and look how many have come through since then. England is going the same way.

Interesting idea but can you explain in what way this works?

AFRICA. ;)

Set up football missions in Africa sans the bibles and add the passports. :lol:

So the parents of all the Polish and Turkish lads playing for the Bosch this summer were enticed by the German FA?....is that what you're basically saying or have I missed the point and economic migration had nothing to do with it?...

South Africa is huge man. Also Eng is the 2nd language of Ghana.

It was part of the Empire and we still missed out on Desailly because his folks moved to Paris.

Edited by PaddockLad

We don't know cause we've made nil effort to do it. You can't say the soup is crap if you haven't even bought the ingredients. If we were germany there'd be training camps in all of our former colonies with quick fix passports for all 14-15 year olds. It's what GERMANY IS DOING. Can you get that into your head? :lol:

Except they are not, only Podolski and Klose in this German squad were not actually born in Germany, and they both moved to Germany at the ages of 2 and 7.

Tebbit lives! :lol:

joking aside, its a fair point.

I know Leeds United, Chelsea and Bradford made big strides into the Asian community searching for talent, but not much came of it. On the Indian sides I bet Sikhs would be good footballers as they are chunkier and more athletic than the 'brainy' nerdy Indian typeage. When I lived in B'ham a couple of my Asian mates played for Villa youth...Jasvinder was I'd say a good prospect but inj stole his career (it was that bad they had to helicopter him out).

http://www.kickitout.org/574.php

http://www.birminghamfa.com/News/2012/01/AsianFootballAwardsShortlistAnnouncedForWembleyStadium.htm

So mint they've won 1 trophy in 22 years, and that was undeserved. Spain far far better.

At the moment, aye. But we're talking about the fundamentals a national FA has to get in place to give a national team the opportunity to succeed. A final or a semi-final or a quarter final can swing either way on a multitude of tiny things, but consistently getting to those position needs decades of doing things right to produce a conveyer belt of high calibre players. Spain are now reaping the reward of work they put in 10-15 years ago. Germany have been doing it for decades.

Except they are not, only Podolski and Klose in this German squad were not actually born in Germany, and they both moved to Germany at the ages of 2 and 7.

Germany is developing youth players from all over eastern europe with an eye to them graduating to the German side. This is a fact and part of the programme set up in 2000 when there was a shortage of German talent. I live here and I know what's going on and what the Germans are upto. You live in NZ you clown. :lol:

Edited by Park Life