Happy 4th July to all our American posters

Gemmill

Why?? Are you for real. We fought alone largely for 2 years, if we'd have been taken the British Empire in German hands, would've quite easily dominated in the whole world, including America. In fact if they'd have joined in, in the first place and done what was right, then millions of the 70m who died wouldn't have. What makes it even worse was the massive boom America experienced after the war, while it took Britain years to thrive once again.

Also we gave the Americans technology 30 years advanced of their own, for fucking nothing. We just gave it away, technology which everybody agrees you can't even put a price on. We gave the technology away for America to produce for us, and they still had the cheek to charge us for it. Educate yourself, you googling old cunt. http://en.wikipedia..../Tizard_Mission

We also gave the Japanese technology 30 years advanced of their own, and they used it to defeat British forces in Singapore and to simultaeneously attack Pearl Harbour.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie, about 3 years ago you said you would produce evidence that the Japanese could easily taken the West coast of America and invaded inland as far as Chicago. Have you got this yet?

What's that got to do with Yank Independence Day or The Tizard Mission?

We also gave the Japanese technology 30 years advanced of their own, and they used it to defeat British forces in Singapore and to simultaeneously attack Pearl Harbour.

You'll have to show me a link for that. Wouldn't be difficult though seeing as a karate kick was the pinnacle of their technological advancement back then.

Edited by McFaul

Or the Marshall Plan.

Think that was paid off in 2007, could be wrong. It was a mixture of grants and loans I think. Dont know if it included the bill for very many of the cargo ships used in the Atlantic convoys that the yanks knocked up for us and without which it wouldve been impossible to stand alone for 2 years before they officially joined the punch up.

What's that got to do with Yank Independence Day or The Tizard Mission?

Well the thread has moved on to WW2. Also relevant to your apparen dislike of the Americans.

You'll have to show me a link for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sempill_Mission

It started with that official mission, and then when the alliance between the Japs and British ended Lord Sempill continued to give them technology and information, as well as to other far-right governments throughout the world. Churchill knew he was a wrongun, in fact he was even a member of some Nazi-sympathising groups, but because he was titled aristocracy he was never prosecuted in his lifetime, and they've only recently released MI5 files showing how much of a wrongun he was, and was known to be at the time. That's the British class system for you.

Guest CabayeAye

Don't get me wrong, I dislike America too, but those Yanks involved in the Second World War were every bit as ball shrinkingly brave as the Brits, Canadians and others involved in the latter stages of the war.

Same goes for Brits. Todays generation are a bunch of fat, greedy, rude, lazy cunts who aren't worthy of the sacrifices made in the forties by a brave few.

Ignorance. Stevie's never even been there.

Expected as much, I reckon Stevie gets a nosebleed if he ventures into an NE postcode with a double digit number.

The US is good and, in a strange twist of fate, bad at the same time. If you were caught up in the imperial post-war punch ups over ideology and influence, then you probably think bad. If you had a dishwasher and A/C in your car in 1955, you probably think good. Thems the breaks.

I'd check if I were you.

Thank you, I've now checked and I was slightly off there.

"Of the 1.25 million battle casualties incurred by the United States in World War II, nearly one million occurred in the twelve month period from June 1944 to June 1945."

Source: Wiki article about the Hiroshima Bombings, which I always read when I need a chuckle.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike America too, but those Yanks involved in the Second World War were every bit as ball shrinkingly brave as the Brits, Canadians and others involved in the latter stages of the war.

Same goes for Brits. Todays generation are a bunch of fat, greedy, rude, lazy cunts who aren't worthy of the sacrifices made in the forties by a brave few.

If you've got any decent yarns about your own time in the armed forces you might as well stick them in here.

http://en.wikipedia....Sempill_Mission

It started with that official mission, and then when the alliance between the Japs and British ended Lord Sempill continued to give them technology and information, as well as to other far-right governments throughout the world. Churchill knew he was a wrongun, in fact he was even a member of some Nazi-sympathising groups, but because he was titled aristocracy he was never prosecuted in his lifetime, and they've only recently released MI5 files showing how much of a wrongun he was, and was known to be at the time. That's the British class system for you.

I didn't know that, thanks for showing me. Bit rich Churchill thinking someones a wrongun mind, one of the biggest unspoken of wronguns in history. He's got blood on his hands too that fat cunt.

Even that though, for what we gave the Americans compared to the Japanese, is like comparing a ZX Spectrum with the Large Hadron Collider.

Think what turns a lot of people off (who've never been) is their unshakeable pride in their country, flags everywhere as an easy example.

I think what people don't appreciate is that they had a Civil War only 80-ish years before WW2 and they lost over 600,000 killed compared to 480,000 in WW2. That's an awfull lot of blood spilled to rebuild a nation, be an awfull dis-service if they weren't proud of what they fought for, in historical terms very recently, IMO.

Also a bloody good, recent reason, to try and "stay out of it".

Edited by Toonpack

Think what turns a lot of people off (who've never been) is their unshakeable pride in their country, flags everywhere as an easy example.

I think what people don't appreciate is that they had a Civil War only 80-ish years before WW2 and they lost over 600,000 killed compared to 480,000 in WW2. That's an awfull lot of blood spilled to rebuild a nation, be an awfull dis-service if they weren't proud of what they fought for, in historical terms very recently, IMO.

Also a bloody good, recent reason, to try and "stay out of it".

They had a few Irish people living there too. For some reason they were slightly reticent about fighting with the Brits.

Ignorance. Stevie's never even been there.

It's anything but ignorance, and it's not a dislike of any one individual, it's more of a collective dislike of a insular, wasteful, unrepentant, arrogance of a nation.

It's anything but ignorance, and it's not a dislike of any one individual, it's more of a collective dislike of a insular, wasteful, unrepentant, arrogance of a nation.

That's a tad ironic.