Geordie Shore phrases

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So go on then..what the fuck were "eclipse spliffy jeans" :lol:

Where am from all eclipse make are fuckin hacksaw blades son ;)

Fucking horrible jeans and bomber jackets with a big stitched picture of a rasta smoking a joint on the back. All the cool kids wore it. Thank fuck I wasn't cool. I stuck to Joe.Bloggs gear instead. Anyone around 30 knows what I'm talking about you old cunts

Also around that time was naf naf, pods, kickers, no logo etc.

If you were a pauper you bought a naf co. Jacket from the market instead :lol:

edit: Here you go

Posh kids jacket

4199431234_1ddb293f85.jpg

Council kids jacket

174888_111152188982669_5478079_n.jpg

Spliffy

spliffy.jpg

Pods (the bigger the buckle the better!)

Pod_shoe.jpg

Kickers

kickers.png

Edited by J69

I had a GJ denim jacket with Bros patches loving sewed onto the back of it, and button badges all over the front. I've got pics of me and my friends aged about 14 all rocking double denim and red wraparound tops on Shields beach. Randomly, those pics were taken on the day of the Hillsborough tragedy cos I first heard about it on the bus home.

Had a mate that dressed a bit like Bros, complete with the Grosch bottle top on his shoes. He even went to one of their concerts at Whitley Bay ice rink. Not long afterwards a few of us were standing in the corner at the match when I said loudly for everyone to hear, "Divvent knaa how the fuck you could've watched a Bros concert, D*****." The poor lad got so much stick from the older pissed blokes that I actually felt slightly guilty afterwards. We'd have been about 16 I think.

Also around that time was naf naf, pods, kickers, no logo etc.

If you were a pauper you bought a naf co. Jacket from the market instead :lol:

edit: Here you go

Posh kids jacket

4199431234_1ddb293f85.jpg

Council kids jacket

174888_111152188982669_5478079_n.jpg

Spliffy

spliffy.jpg

Pods (the bigger the buckle the better!)

Pod_shoe.jpg

Kickers

kickers.png

Fucking hell, now that all brings back memories, glad to say I never owned any of these items, I had a pair of Ellesse shoes which were very similar to the Kickers. Was nee follower of fashion back then and many would say I'm still not...

Edited by angrysteve

That was all 2nd or 3rd post-rave generation high street fashion. It basically derived from what was cool and underground in the early 90s, by the end of the 90s every tatty discount clothing store was selling it.

In reference to kids and what they look like today, there will be backlash against it soon. Just like in the 80s. Nowt new under the sun and all that.

All Geordies are like those in Geordie Shore aren't they? ;)

(I've never seen it tbh, but you seem to tar every regional group in the country with the same childish stereotypical brush I just thought I'd do the same :) )

Geordie Jeans :lol: Can you remember when McDonalds beside the market used to be "Geordie Jeans"? Showing me age then.

I've watched geordie shore a few times, and I'll say it sincerely, I'd like them to all be put in a house, and some crack muslim terrorist mob come from no where and blow it up with no survivors.

Geordie Jeans :lol: Can you remember when McDonalds beside the market used to be "Geordie Jeans"? Showing me age then.

I've watched geordie shore a few times, and I'll say it sincerely, I'd like them to all be put in a house, and some crack muslim terrorist mob come from no where and blow it up with no survivors.

Stevie, read the thread man. All of it, page by page. We've been through all this :lol:

. . and lo it became to pass that Stephen was actually the only viewer within thine thread.

May the Lord forgive him and have mercy on his crackpipe. Amen

:lol: Very true. Comes stomping into a thread about 90s fashion slating all and sundry for watching Geordie Shore and then openly admits to being one of the only folks in here who has actually watched it!

. . and lo it became to pass that Stephen was actually the only viewer within thine thread.

May the Lord forgive him and have mercy on his crackpipe. Amen

:baa: I've never seen it either, just wanted an excuse to use that emoticon anarl.

Edited by angrysteve