O2 broadband/landline/line rental..

catmag

I used to have broadband with them. They were very good, but they aren't truly unlimited so if you are gonna be streaming a lot and downloading, they will piss about with your speeds a bit. If you just want a good, solid broadband provider, then they'll do the job.

I used to have broadband with them. They were very good, but they aren't truly unlimited so if you are gonna be streaming a lot and downloading, they will piss about with your speeds a bit. If you just want a good, solid broadband provider, then they'll do the job.

Not sure about this statement ^

Have used them for years for home broadband and they have been great. UK call centres were a pleasure to deal with after a few years dealing with oranges horrendous Indian call centres.

Up until a few weeks ago we had been on their premium package (now discontinued). When our lass went to get my Iphone 5, the salesman said I can also give you half priced broadband as well as you have been with us a while and we have a great offer on. "No need to do anything and everything will be the same" he said.

In the last two weeks, downloading has been shockingly slow. Anyway I finally spoke to them yesterday and was told that we had been moved onto their middle package, "the all rounder" which has a limit on the speed, not quantity, at which you can download. Its a very low speed.

Anyway, after a bit of argy bargy we are now on their top package, the works. Last night they told me this is totally unlimited and has no traffic management whatsoever. You also get their super dooper router rather than the normal one.

This is costing around £10 a month on their current year half price deal.

Also worth noting you will get an extra discount if either of you have an o2 mobile phone, either contract or pay as you go.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Been with them a year now and mostly no complaints. Was with TalkTalk before and they were poor compared to O2, would sometimes lose internet for a weekend/couple of days. Dreaded their call centres too.

Aye I was the same

Recently my O2 drops for a minute or two on an evening, but other than that its been fine.

In virgin for all Internet, phone and tv

They've been excellent, I use the Internet a lot for a lot of different things and it never misses a beat.

Recently they've updated their packages so quickly that we're regularly able to upgrade to better Internet or tv package and wind up paying less a month.

Spoke to my cousin who is a broadband consultant with Virgin and she can get me a soopa doopa family rate for all the channels, 60meg broadband, line rental and weekend calls. Looks like that's sorted then!