Royal Hoax Call Receptionist

henda11

The receptionist who put through a prank call at the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge is understood to have committed suicide.

The woman, was the first to pick up the phone to the Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, and put the call through to the nurse caring for the Duchess.

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It does appear that the receptionist who put the original call through has been found dead, thought to be suicide."

More follows...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right no bother mate.... Yeah its an absolute disgrace. Those Aussie DJs have to be held responsible.

They made a prank call and never expected to get anywhere with it, never mind cause this woman's suicide. Very harsh to blame them.

Can't see the value in blaming the djs or the media. Can't imagine she killed herself* off the back of one incident.

*if she has indeed killed herself.

It is just disgraceful, i mean the poor lass wasn't really to know any better, and i could imagine Kate not being that pissed off about it because she seems decent. But for those DJ's to do something so senseless to boost ratings, without thinking of possibly consequences should be hung out to dry, because all of that was done at the cost of that lasses life. If it wasn't for the prank, then there would be no media attention toward the lass, so those DJs should be held accountable

@MConTheRadio is one of them, and what a smug cunt he looks.

@MelGreig30 is the other.

Can't see the value in blaming the djs or the media. Can't imagine she killed herself* off the back of one incident.

*if she has indeed killed herself.

For a few seconds, i sort of entertained the idea that this just might be a little ploy to get back at those DJs, but i doubt it.

AFAIA they never released her name, it's not like they hung her out to dry.

No, I've never seen her name appear anywhere either. My point was regarding the extent to which there was national covering of it (for example the guardian had a page devoted to it and followed it up the successive day with blatant polemic from other papers). Perhaps witch hunting for people to blame for it is a bit futile though, yes.

Edited by ADP

For a few seconds, i sort of entertained the idea that this just might be a little ploy to get back at those DJs, but i doubt it.

I doubt it'd be her even it had been hoaxed. Widely reported that she has been found dead though.

I still can't believe anyone would kill themselves after one incident though.

I doubt it'd be her even it had been hoaxed. Widely reported that she has been found dead though.

I'm guessing she was deep in the shit at work, that could've been enough to send a fragile being over the edge.

I can sort of understand where your coming from. But the pressure of knowing you've fucked up in a position of trust, especially when it concerns the Royals, must be a horrible thing to take, and especially when you know a lot of the nation thinks your a complete tool for giving out information, because there is alot of nasty bastards out there who would of made it their lifes work to try and make this person feel the worst they could about what they did.

I don't think people should readily put others professions in jeopardy for a laugh. Bless the lass.

Precisely my point. It was mindless of those DJs to do what they did. These are the same DJs who got a 14 year old lass to admit on air that she was raped when she was 12.

Like who?

Do i really need to answer.............People who are similar to the twats who take to twitter to racially abuse people, make them feel awful, bully them and so forth.....People similar to those twats.

Do i really need to answer.............People who are similar to the twats who take to twitter to racially abuse people, make them feel awful, bully them and so forth.....People similar to those twats.

It doesn't seem the sort of thing that I would expect of a hardcore Royalist. I suspect you need to think it through.

Sorry, I'm not having that. If they've unfortunately pranked a lass who's already near the edge, that's a tragedy, but it's not a malicious intent to put another profession in jeopardy.

News reports saying 2 receptionists dealt with the call, neither challenged the djs, one has been found dead. The djs haven't sought out to ruin another persons life, let alone push them to suicide, they've tried to play a prank. looking to "blame" them is a damning indictment of the state of mind that prevails in the country at the moment.

I've no doubt there'll be Daily Mail readers banging their fist on the table demanding these djs are punished, insisting on an expensive and fruitless investigation into how something like this could possibly happen to the Royals of all people, then complaining that it's being paid for by their taxes (that they do their utmost to avoid paying anyway)

Fuck I hate the people who clog up my planet with their fucking idiocy.

Sorry, I'm not having that. If they've unfortunately pranked a lass who's already near the edge, that's a tragedy, but it's not a malicious intent to put another profession in jeopardy.

News reports saying 2 receptionists dealt with the call, neither challenged the djs, one has been found dead. The djs haven't sought out to ruin another persons life, let alone push them to suicide, they've tried to play a prank. looking to "blame" them is a damning indictment of the state of mind that prevails in the country at the moment.

I've no doubt there'll be Daily Mail readers banging their fist on the table demanding these djs are punished, insisting on an expensive and fruitless investigation into how something like this could possibly happen to the Royals of all people, then complaining that it's being paid for by their taxes (that they do their utmost to avoid paying anyway)

Fuck I hate the people who clog up my planet with their fucking idiocy.

Why read it then?.

Edited by henda11

It doesn't seem the sort of thing that I would expect of a hardcore Royalist. I suspect you need to think it through.

I don't think they'd need to be a hard-core royalist to be a bully. Just like the people who bullied the fat kids weren't fitness fanatics, those that bullied the short kid were giants and the ones who bullied clever kids weren't all thick twa.... hang on scrap the last one, the other two are true though.

Why read it then?.

Read what? this thread?

Well, for a start, here wasn't a "Within this thread we're going to look to blame people for a tragic misfortune" disclaimer.

Sorry can't agree, their prank was trying to make someone fail at their job and knew the consequences would be broadcast world wide. She was silly/naive but did she deserve to have her career ruined for a laugh? Clearly not.