Royal Hoax Call Receptionist

henda11

Sorry can't agree, their prank was trying to make someone fail at their job and knew the consequences would be broadcast world wide. She was silly/naive but did she deserve to have her career ruined for a laugh? Clearly not.

She wasn't facing any disciplinary charges so don't see anything "career ruining".

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you never made a mistake at work, thought 'fucking hell' and dwelled over it for a few days? Imagine that mistake was across the international media.

No-one should be put through that for a joke.

Absolutely awful that she's killed herself, but Christ trying to blame the DJs is an absolute nonsense. Obviously we know nothing about this lass, but I'd be very surprised if this and this alone is to blame for her killing herself.

These DJs are undoubtedly unfunny wacky dickheads, but it's beyond a stretch to say that they could reasonably have expected this to be the consequence of a daft prank call. I bet they feel horrendous at the minute.

Stop thinking like tabloids ffs.

Sorry, I'm not having that. If they've unfortunately pranked a lass who's already near the edge, that's a tragedy, but it's not a malicious intent to put another profession in jeopardy.

News reports saying 2 receptionists dealt with the call, neither challenged the djs, one has been found dead. The djs haven't sought out to ruin another persons life, let alone push them to suicide, they've tried to play a prank. looking to "blame" them is a damning indictment of the state of mind that prevails in the country at the moment.

I've no doubt there'll be Daily Mail readers banging their fist on the table demanding these djs are punished, insisting on an expensive and fruitless investigation into how something like this could possibly happen to the Royals of all people, then complaining that it's being paid for by their taxes (that they do their utmost to avoid paying anyway)

Fuck I hate the people who clog up my planet with their fucking idiocy.

+1

This lass obviously had stuff going on, you dont kill yourself over handing the phone to a colleague. The NHS wasnt taking action, the Royals hadnt made a complaint either.

Obviously it was an ill judged prank by the DJs but prank calls have been done by radio stations the world over for decades. Absolutely no way they could have forseen what would happen.

My facebook news feed is full of twonks out for blood over this ffs

Have you never made a mistake at work, thought 'fucking hell' and dwelled over it for a few days? Imagine that mistake was across the international media.

No-one should be put through that for a joke.

Gejon is right imo, it's a sadder indictment of this country that people think that sort of behaviour is okay.

Sorry to hear of this, actually shocked me into full-alertness having had it on CNN and being half asleep last night a little past midnight.

I agree, it isn't the DJ's fault, it was all a bit of harmless fun to me. The lass must have had some underlying issues regarding her mental health (ie.depression or having a bad run in life) and this just tipped her over the edge.

The idiots baying for blood need to fuck off!

What if one of the DJs kills themselves over this? Who's to 'blame' then?

Playing the blame game at this stage is ridiculous. Can't help but think that she must have been reprimanded in some way, but logically there would have to be a number of other contributing factors. Will likely come out in the wash.

And I don't listen to that station for the record.

If one of the DJs topped themselves it would also be tragic but it would more of their self making than the nurse.

The whole thing was insanely beat up, as tends to be the norm when it comes to the royals. If it wasn't then only a tiny and insignificant speck of listeners would have heard the incident. From reading the transcript it's hard to apportion any meaningful level of blame to Jacintha who merely received the call and dispatched it. The fact that so many media outlets picked this up and ran with it is testament to the gluttonous failed self perpetuating state of mainstream media.

Gejon is right imo, it's a sadder indictment of this country that people think that sort of behaviour is okay.

I hope you're playing Devil's Advocate. "That sort of behaviour",ffs man it was Two people, pretending to be another two people. That's it. The djs weren't daubing the foetid remains of a disabled koala over a strobe light outside a homeless epileptic orphan's cardboard box.

That sort of behaviour man. Get a fucking grip.

"It's poltical correctness gone mad" etc. :lol:

to be fair, Gemmill's reply said it better

Edited by The Fish

Completely with fishy on this one. Sad that the girl has knecked herself but there's no need for the djs to get the angry mob treatment. fwiw I'm sure the djs are total knobs but even so.

Completely with fishy on this one. Sad that the girl has knecked herself but there's no need for the djs to get the angry mob treatment. fwiw I'm sure the djs are total knobs but even so.

I'd never even heard of them, but I have little doubt that you're correct.

Aye. The people who want the DJs hung out to dry seem to be totally oblivious to the fact they're at least as bad for now wanting to wreck two people's lives by ruining their careers / reputation (and presumbly if possible seek criminal prosecutions). I'm sure they are knobs, they're radio DJs so it's virtually a given, but still.

Tragic about the nurse obviously, such a waste.

It's getting a ridiculous amount of coverage so I'm sure the lynch mob will get their wishes.

They are knobs, man. 2DayFM is filled with low quality teenie-bopper style programming. The listeners are your pathertic OMG, LOL, Justin Beiber loving cunts.

Having said that this nurse must have had some very serious issues. No amount of bad programming or bad taste can account for a solid-minded individual wanting to kill themselves over something so pathetic.

Australian Police confirming that they've been contacted by British Police wanting to talk to the two DJs. :lol: This seems like an excellent use of taxpayer money. Fucking ludicrous, despite what Toontastic's resident Daily Mail comments section contributors might think.

Australian Police confirming that they've been contacted by British Police wanting to talk to the two DJs. :lol: This seems like an excellent use of taxpayer money. Fucking ludicrous, despite what Toontastic's resident Daily Mail comments section contributors might think.

Let's hope it's just a quick phone call rather than two police officers getting a two day skive.

It takes 24 hours each way, so it will be more than 2 days.

Superintendant Plod: "So PC Plod, we can't thank you enough for sacrificing your love of the job and losing four days patrolling the 'Jasmine Allen' estate to spend 48 hours travelling on a plane ogling the air stewardesses, fitting as many sexual innuendo comments to said trolley dolly as you can, making fart noises on your arms, drinking complimentary coffee and enjoying the comforts of a nice Aussie hotel."

PC Plod: "Someone has to do it, Sir!"