Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

A fascist government could and would easily revoke a human rights bill at any level. Which is why government should always be limited and always be decentralised. 

It’s not as easy when it’s an international agreement underpinned by a pan-European organisation.

Just now, SpaceCadet said:

I am a liberal (no not that kind).

Yeah that word is being used by almost all sides of the political spectrum now so it doesn't help much. I guess it'll become clear over time. FWIW I'm liberal too.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah that word is being used by almost all sides of the political spectrum now so it doesn't help much. I guess it'll become clear over time. FWIW I'm liberal too.

I'm of the Frédéric Bastiat sort.

1 minute ago, SpaceCadet said:

I'm of the Frédéric Bastiat sort.

Remind me... unlimited capitalism? Or have I got that wrong? The free market is paramount, right?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And in a world where size is everything most reasonable people would see that as a negative.

Would explain all the cankles on the high street. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Remind me... unlimited capitalism? Or have I got that wrong? The free market is paramount, right?

The free market is wonderful, especially when I'm in need of food, clothes and other essentials.

So the big problem with the potential collapse of the world markets (and potentially civilisation) was trying to fix it? :lol:  

Iceland did it, and it worked well, but could they have survived if everyone did it?

We need to become way less reliant on banks, though obviously we've ignored that crucial lesson.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fair play, you've done a reasonable job in answering pretty much nothing. The mark of a true Brexiter.

If my answers were not satisfactory then feel free to come over for a BBQ, I have a cat called Miles who would make a lovely therapy pet.

2 minutes ago, adios said:

So the big problem with the potential collapse of the world markets (and potentially civilisation) was trying to fix it? :lol:  

Iceland did it, and it worked well, but could they have survived if everyone did it?

We need to become way less reliant on banks, though obviously we've ignored that crucial lesson.

There's some sense there

But didn't Iceland lock them up? lol

There's some sense there

But didn't Iceland lock them up? lol

They did (at least some of them) and they were right but unfortunately pragmatism rules.

Must you use the 'R' word? 

My blood pressure is high enough as it is.

Give me a chance to get into my iron corset next time you plan on making my sides split 

Just now, adios said:

They did (at least some of them) and they were right but unfortunately pragmatism rules.

For breaking the law, there should be prosecution but for those who wronged by merely being bad at their jobs then being sacked is a sufficient punishment.