Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 01/02/2024 at 15:30, Renton said:

Well, well, well. Because of @ewerk, we're now having to put "Not for EU" stickers on all fresh foodstuffs throughout the UK, which will cost us and be a constant reminder to me of what a fuck up Brexit has been. Meanwhile I bet he's still getting his chorizo smuggled through the republic. Thanks ewerk. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/01/post-brexit-food-labelling-rules-to-appease-dup-will-lead-to-higher-prices-says-industry

This guy Femi makes an excellent point. We are now literally paying to protect the EU's sovereignty. This would be hilarious if it wasn't us being fucked over. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 05:42, RobinRobin said:

Who could have predicted that erecting barriers with your nearest and biggest market would hit trade? 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Who could have predicted that erecting barriers with your nearest and biggest market would hit trade? 

Quite. But perhaps bveing forced to put a border through our own country and have mandatory labelling on all food in the UK purely for EU benefit wasn't on anyone's radar. I never thought it would be this bad tbh. 

The callousness of (the basically traitorous) JHB. I fucking hope she gets what she deserves one day 

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea Jenkins and Badenoch here man, obsessing over how many regulations we have retained from the EU. It would be funny if it were not for the fact the 600 regulations they have scrapped so far have all been done to downgrade workers' rights  and envrionmental protections.

numberwang-thatsnumberwang.gif.1ed7cc57e6aa4307c4b0abd465877911.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

Andrea Jenkins and Badenoch here man, obsessing over how many regulations we have retained from the EU. It would be funny if it were not for the fact the 600 regulations they have scrapped so far have all been done to downgrade workers' rights  and envrionmental protections.

numberwang-thatsnumberwang.gif.1ed7cc57e6aa4307c4b0abd465877911.gif

This is why Labour won’t improve the economy 

55 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

This is why Labour won’t improve the economy 

Well we won't be able to rejoing the SM straight away that's for certain. However, I think we will halt dergulation and gradually reverse it to align with the EU again. What are the tories in opposition going to do about it? Wail about giving workers their rights back, regulating rivers again so shit isn't directly pumped into them? Not to mention you have to measure Labour gainst the counterfactual, 5 more years of conservative government. So aye, I think Labour will improve the economy by improving realtionships and trade with the EU and there isn't anything the Brexiters can do about it. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

At the time it was reported that it was a much better deal for Australia. There’s a similar one with NZ too iirc. And it was only hastily arranged so that the government could announce a deal had been struck. They really are the worst combination of corruption and incompetence imaginable. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Can anyone think of a single benefit that Brexit has brought? 

Just the one will do. 

Tory party's sorry ass soon to be dead? 

Screenshot_20240418_211544_Google.jpg.9f4489640c04be71e38b400517d1c405.jpg

31 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just the one will do. 

Indirectly, the comedy value of CT lying about voting for Corbyn?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Indirectly, the comedy value of CT lying about voting for Corbyn?

He must be the only Tory that Liz Truss hasn’t shagged. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

He must be the only Tory that Liz Truss hasn’t shagged. 

He's a man apart. I mean Truss has utterly fucked the entire British Isles and everyone in it 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just the one will do. 

The Genocide? 

• Haha 1