Christmas Tree

Europe --- In or Out

Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Europe?

• In
    • Out
    • Undecided

:lol: surprised at this point they haven’t mentioned that Princess Di was killed because she wanted us to leave 

• Haha 1

Reasonable worst case scenario for the end of the year, according to the government:

- Army on the streets

- Food drops by the airforce

- Navy intervening in turf wars between fishermen

- Widespread disease rampant through livestock

- Riots

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/the-sun-publish-cabinet-office-paper-on-impacts-of-brexit-and-covid-19-1-6805548

I think we might be in trouble if even Johnson's government is now fully considering things like the above. In part because it'll almost certainly be worse than their "reasonable" worst case, and in part because if this is the worst case, even if they've identified what they need to do months in advance, they're too incompetent to handle the 'on the fly' aspects of managing the situation anyway. As they've proven time and time again.

18 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Fuck me brexiteers are pig headed cunts.

I’ve literally had conversations with people who said all of those things about our bargaining position with the EU. 

Edited by Alex

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Reasonable worst case scenario for the end of the year, according to the government:

- Army on the streets

- Food drops by the airforce

- Navy intervening in turf wars between fishermen

- Widespread disease rampant through livestock

- Riots

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/the-sun-publish-cabinet-office-paper-on-impacts-of-brexit-and-covid-19-1-6805548

I think we might be in trouble if even Johnson's government is now fully considering things like the above. In part because it'll almost certainly be worse than their "reasonable" worst case, and in part because if this is the worst case, even if they've identified what they need to do months in advance, they're too incompetent to handle the 'on the fly' aspects of managing the situation anyway. As they've proven time and time again.

sunlit uplands

Well, at least it's a form of planning :lol:

Still, since they're so keen to tell liberal lefties that they should be letting refugees live in their houses, I'm sure Brexit voters will be rushing to let their gardens be turned into lorry parks. It's what they voted for, right?

• Haha 5

:lol:
We are so utterly and comprehensively fucked thanks to the Pig Fucker not having the stones to tell one wing of his party to fuck off. 

Best PM in my lunchtime. 

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m pretty sure, although I may be wrong, the EU  is not looking to restrict British fishing or asking for a veto on our laws.

They've clearly gone down the no deal and blame the EU route. This has been apparent for some time and reinforced by Raab on Marr today. The prospect of no deal on January 1st combined with winter coronavirus is quite scary. Time to get stockpiling, again. This time it will be needed. 

He so said it would hurt them more than us. Nothings changed, 4 years of delusion. 

Edited by Renton

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Bring it on, it's the will of the people.

Aye. Fucking sick of it now. Can't wait for the sunlit uplands. 

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. Fucking sick of it now. Can't wait for the sunlit uplands. 

I find myself increasingly 'done'. I imagine this is the point at which idealism, which I suppose I clung too longer than most tend to, fades into nothing more than grim pragmatism and hoping to die before it gets really bad.

:lol:

Not sure I'd go that far. But there's nothing else to do but let them own it, which is what Starmer is.doing tbf. I still think with the disaster it will be and changing demographics the tories are fucked. 15 wasted years though, fucking hell.